Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Strange & Sad

metafriction

that Louie DeVito's appearance at Avalon tonight will have gotten way more attention on the Boston board than Deep Dish's last night (which was stunning by the way). Would it be accurate to say that Boston has plenty of social clubbers but a paucity of musical connoisseurs? So many people were simply standing around while Sharam was quaking the universe. Are Bostonians more hesitant to dance than most? :confused: (Last night at Avalon/Axis was my first visit to a Boston club, so that's not just a transparent rhetorical question.)

Have you heard of a little CD called NYC Underground Volume 4?? I think that'll more than explain why Louie Devito gets more attention than these "Deep Dish" guys ;)

Seriously though, Sharam's set last night was GREATLY appreciated... by me at least. Did you really think there were that many people just standing around? Axis was packed (for Axis), I was dancing my ass off, others were dancing with me. Did you still until the end of the set? People screaming their heads off, clapping, cheering... no one would leave until Sharam put on another tune... if that's not appreciation, I don't know what is!

Sorry you got a bad impression of Boston clubbers right off the bat. Maybe you weren't partying with the right Bostonians ;)

This Friday should prove to be another monster... Satoshi, d:Fuse, Porter, Cass :eek: How are you gonna go wrong?!

"...Sharam was quaking the universe" -- I couldn't have put it better myself!

Originally posted by kaydup

So it was good then, I heard godd stuff about Axis. And to think I was marked absent this week.

Oh well I will be back in rare form on Friday with my better half by my side. Pre game anyone???

I might have a pre-game at my apartment. Not that it means anything to you cause we will never meet.

I'll let you guys know later this week.

Originally posted by a1wave

did ali open for sharam? just curious...

i'll be out on friday night, too... last night out for a very long while...

Yup, Ali opened on Friday. Only caught the last few songs, but as always, they were great.

Friday's gonna have to be our big blow-out or something... seems like a lot of people are taking a lil' time off after this weekend

My summer is packed with crap to do, but I'd definitely like to make a trip up north at some point. If I know far enough in advance I could do a Sunday-night thing and take the Monday after off from work or whatever.

Where can I find a schedule for Aria, Sona, Stereo, etc.? Are all of those clubs cool, or is Aria just the shit?

Originally posted by carlcocks

Anyone up for a little diversity...or is this the Progressive House board?

Anyone ever heard of Techno, Drum + Bass, Breaks, Deep House?

I'm actually more diverse than that. There isn't much available on a regular basis in Boston though....aside from d-n-b which I am not that into. All the trips to Montreal are for either techno or house which I love, along with progressive and tribal. It's all about diversity.

Glad to hear it.

It seems like all Boston ever talks about is Progressive this and Progressive that.

I think Steve Porter, Ali and Debo are good DJs....but so are Fran (from life), Benny B and Static from The Rinse, Shannon from Phoenix Landing Wednesdays, Lenore from Elements, etc etc. Plus a bunch of more underground DJs like MO7S, Paul Daley, Venom, Dirty Ol Frank, Josh Carl, Mike Hoska etc....

i'm all for diversity... i really like techno and house, breaks on occasion... the phoenix landing had a real good lineup of world known techno djs come through this past winter... but as team j5 said, boston is limited compared to other places...

Originally posted by a1wave

i'm all for diversity... i really like techno and house, breaks on occasion... the phoenix landing had a real good lineup of world known techno djs come through this past winter... but as team j5 said, boston is limited compared to other places...like D.C

I agree with your last statement katie. ".....like D.C":D Sat nights are hosts great house djs@5 national and international. and if you like str8 up trance (which I dont like), Glow is there for you. and then there is Buzz, which doesnt by anymeans pigeonhole their music. In one night, you can hear, deep house, techno, breaks, and DnB. on a side note here....anybody coming down to lil ol D.C in aug to hear: Sasha with james zabilela, BT, Tom Stephan, Crystal Method, and more.