Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Investing wisely.........

If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00. With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left. If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit, you would have $214.00.

Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and

recycle. :blown:

Well, i just spoke to a co-worker here about this subject, and he said given the current market conditions, the best bet would be to invest in a mutual fund consisting of S+P's 500 stocks.

That way, even if you lose money, it will be minimized.

By the way, im trying to understand your sig quote. Does it mean that fear doesn't come in handy when it comes to dealing with things beyond our control?

Since you responded seriously, I'll do the same although I was just fuckin around. :rolleyes: Unless you know how to short, the best thing you can do is sit on the sidelines in cash and wait for the market to turn up, which may be a while. You never get anything but bloody hands from catching a falling knife, no point in buying into the market when it's tanking, don't fight momentum. :D

the market will correct itself (sooner or later). You can buy in now, just gotta be smart about it and ignore all the pointless "noise" that's always around.

In any case, that was funny what you wrote... i'll have to quote that one day... if you don't mind.