Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyis4meatheads

Worst day of work ever

Little to no sleep last night. Get in this morning and there was a MAJOR meltdown. Been rushing around like crazy since 10 am, and it ain't stopping anytime soon. Just found out I get to stay REALLY late tonight... so sweet!

Maybe I'll go across the street to Costco and pick up a bottle of Jack

(Sorry for the bitching... just venting on this one)

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Little to no sleep last night. Get in this morning and there was a MAJOR meltdown. Been rushing around like crazy since 10 am, and it ain't stopping anytime soon. Just found out I get to stay REALLY late tonight... so sweet!

pffft, a day n a night of no sleep wont hurt ya. When im in school (the maryland institute college of art), sometimes the projects im assigned take sooo long to work on, i go from 1-3 days without sleep. But then again, I think my sleeping pattern would kill a normal human being. sigh.....and im not an insomniac either.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

So how did things work out, did you save the company or what??

Originally posted by spinsaikel

pffft, a day n a night of no sleep wont hurt ya. When im in school (the maryland institute college of art), sometimes the projects im assigned take sooo long to work on, i go from 1-3 days without sleep. But then again, I think my sleeping pattern would kill a normal human being. sigh.....and im not an insomniac either.

Oh trust me, I pulled WAY more than my share of all nighters when I was in school. My program was difficult, filled with geeks (could I possibly set myself up any better), and in order to go to school AND have a social life, sleep suffered miserably. Which was awesome because now I can live on 4 - 5 hours of sleep a night for weeks at a time (8 hours feels like an eternity... I got that last night and today I feel like a new man).

Everything went ok last night... stayed until 8 - 8:30 (not bad at all), saved the company, rescued a kitten, foiled Dr. Evil's plans and still had time to listen to Satoshi's NuBreed.

Yesterday was just one of those days when every little thing that could possibly go wrong, did. Today's going to be one of those days where nothing goes wrong and I post on clubplanet all day :D

Originally posted by kaydup

Wow filled with geeks huh. Jeez you really made it out of there without their geekness rubbing off on ya :laugh::tongue:

:laugh: yeah, I was waiting for that.

Everyone says they have geeks at their school, but I really don't think anyone has geeks like we had at WPI. It's an engineering school, so that obviously accounts for an incredible geek population right there. Then, add to that the fact that I was a computer science major and... good lord! It was basically me and a group of 3 of my friends in every Comp. Sci. class we took and we stood out like sore thumbs.

These kids were always pale (never saw the sun, were on their computers 24/7)... most of them had SERIOUS social issues. You'd try to talk to them and they'd freak out. It makes you feel bad, they must have been SO tooled on in high school.... now they can't even carry on a normal conversation.

OK, to give you guys an idea of where I'm coming from, this is a professor I took a computer graphics class with (we weren't making club fliers in this class... we were creating the program that makes club fliers. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.)

Here he is: pic02.gif

And here he is with his wife and friend... (Yes, he actually put this picture on his PROFESSIONAL homepage): startrek.gif

Here's the full page if those two pictures just weren't enough: King of all nerds

Originally posted by spinsaikel

all you have to say is : engineering school. and ppl will cringe. that professor sort of resembles a bald version of Ted Kazynski. is he cock eyed or what?

Cockeyed isn't even the word... I kid you not, I've never seen the man blink. It was SO weird. We'd sit in class, looking at his eyes, trying to see if he'd ever do it, and he never did. I thought it was near-impossible to not blink, but somehow this guy never did.

Yeah, he definitely had the scariest eyes I've ever seen. Aside from that, and the fact that he was completely useless socially, he seemed like a nice guy.