Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Mix Uploaded, please check it out...

djdekan

I posted it in the last thread and its on my website, but here ya go:

Marco V - I Feel You (Original Mix)

Maurro Picotto - Liberty Drum(Original Mix)

DJ Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Fred Numf vs Etienne Overdijk Remix)

Madoka - Tempermental (Original Mix)

Robbie Rivera - Drop That Funk (Benjamin Bates Remix)

Airwave - Another Dimension (Original Mix)

Search 7 - Wide Open (Club Mix)

Analog System - Strange Morning In December (Marcel Woods Remix)

Marco V - Revolt (Original Mix)

Airbase - Club Point (Original Mix)

Marco V - Atlanta 02 02 2002 (Original Mix)

Deep Sonar - Solar Factor - Deep Sonar (Original Mix)

The Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea (Marco V Mix)

Guest saleen351

ok i just skimmed threw it with my roomates.... Def not feeling it at all........ is it tech, or trance, or ....... i don't think the tracks flow into each other and most of the time you only mix a few seconds of the tracks.... no accapellas? very repetitve...... throw an acapella over something, any person can mix records, hell a plug in in winamp can do it.... show your skills and fuck with shit, take a chance...... this is a dime a dozen dj mix........ take a listen to Mike Bugouts Mem day weekend cd.... Now that is how to dj, you can tell he put so much effort into it....... threw shit on top of each other, fucked with tracks... starts off slow then he builds it up... i know you like your trance but i'd sell out a little considering trance is dead and space doesn't play trance anymore except when they let the kiddies in on fridays... no dj in the world could win an amature contest with out one acapella... deepdish threw down some of the sickest beats ever, but you stilled heard safe from harm and others.... Sounds like you crank up the volume for the synths then when the beat kicks it , its at a lower volume.... at least throw down safe from harm, john woo mix.... remember make a mix that the crowd and the judges will like, not what you like.. half the tracks are annoying..

none of this is personal but its my opinon... good luck.....

i use to get these myworldofxtc mixes from someone on my AG cp group and they were phat, cause he made them fun.... your mix is boring to the max.... my suggestion is pretend you are playing at 1am not 6am, so you'd obviously would play different tracks...

on a side note though, i'd take you any day over that jerk off Dj nv.... if i see him in the crowd, i'm taking him out jersye style.

BADA BING BADA BOOM! :blown: :blown:

Saleen,

You have to consider what a DJ thinks when they are making a mix for a competition like this, or just a demo in general. DJ mix demo's are not necessarily supposed to show all the skills a dj can use. Most promoters are listening for the dj's track selection and style of music, and of course how well he or she can mix. Mixing a demo cd is different from mixing in the club. I have found that most demo cd's allow the song to run most of the way through with a simple mix in the end. This way the mix is clean and it should sound better. When in a club anything goes, and dj's will tend to mix quicker and at different points in the song. Massive EQ's and messing with the knobs should be saved for the gig. Dropping a vocal is always a nice touch. But Pete may have wanted to be conservative with this one, considering it can severly mess things up and then he would have to start all over. And with only a few days to go, he may have just wanted to get it done. I've listened to DJ Pete a few times via his thursday night broadcasts and website, and I have to say as a fellow trance lover I believe he has a good bit of variety. His mixes are clean for the most part, but still needs a little bit of time to develope.

Pete, I have yet to hear the mix, but I'm downloading it now, I'll let you know what I think.

Later

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by chaos33

Saleen,

You have to consider what a DJ thinks when they are making a mix for a competition like this, or just a demo in general. DJ mix demo's are not necessarily supposed to show all the skills a dj can use. Most promoters are listening for the dj's track selection and style of music, and of course how well he or she can mix. Mixing a demo cd is different from mixing in the club. I have found that most demo cd's allow the song to run most of the way through with a simple mix in the end. This way the mix is clean and it should sound better. When in a club anything goes, and dj's will tend to mix quicker and at different points in the song. Massive EQ's and messing with the knobs should be saved for the gig. Dropping a vocal is always a nice touch. But Pete may have wanted to be conservative with this one, considering it can severly mess things up and then he would have to start all over. And with only a few days to go, he may have just wanted to get it done. I've listened to DJ Pete a few times via his thursday night broadcasts and website, and I have to say as a fellow trance lover I believe he has a good bit of variety. His mixes are clean for the most part, but still needs a little bit of time to develope.

Pete, I have yet to hear the mix, but I'm downloading it now, I'll let you know what I think.

Later

see i totaly disagree. see djs are a dime a dozen these day, everyone is a dj.

Any person can select the 10 hottest tracks and mix them... and I bet you the other people who enter will select their 10 hottest tracks and mix them. Does that prove they can mix on the fly? nope..... show me something different, shock me, amaze me, don't give me the same crap eveytime.... listen to bugouts cd, mikeydny knows him and can vouch that his cd was da bomb, this mix ain't........ like i said its nothing personal and i wouln't vote for it, but i'll come support my fellow cpers if they play at spin or space....