Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A fun drive for a Wednesday night . . .

Originally posted by hoke

What's the longest drive you've gone for? One time I picked up completely unexpected and drove halfway across the country in two days to see my ex (she wasn't my ex at the time). Those long cross-country trips can be tedious, but you do see some amazing sights along the way... thunderstorms over the Great Salt Lake... sunrises and sunsets over vast expanses of seemingly unending plains... villages in places you'd never imagine were habitable...

I'm thinking at some point I'd like to take a couple friends, fly back to California, and make the trip back to NYC in my car, which has been stranded there this past year... good music, good company, and the entire country in front of you... now THAT would be an experience!

:aright:

Longest drive I ever did - when I was in the army stationed in Ft. Sill, OK... I took a coupla weeks off, drove to San Fran for a week & stayed with a friend.. then all the way down the coast (pacific coast highway?)... absolutely beautiful... went all the way to San Diego, then to Vegas. Then all the way accross the country to Allagash, Maine where I'm from (the southwestern tip of San Diego to my town in Maine is the single longest drive you can make while still taking the shortest route available, ending at dead ends :) ).... then at the end of the vacation drove back to Ft. Sill, OK... ah those young & restless days.

As far as a single drive without stopping (except for gas obviously): Ft Sill, OK to my house in Maine, 2135 miles, 35 hours :)

phunk: I go for drives like that with some frequency... often when I'm stressed out (aka finals) or just need to get out... bump some music & drive away... friends say I'm crazy, I say its cool.