• Louie Devito
    • Ray Munns
    • DJ Skribbles

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I voted! But I don't want to tell you who I voted for.... I'd be too likely to sway your opinions.

d:Rew... no love for your boy Skribbles?? :confused:

That's because I voted for Craper:laugh:

Originally posted by vicman

fuck, its a 4 way tie...were never gonna settle this.

i voted for skribbles.love the way he's spinning trancey tunes and then he pulls the carpet from beneath your feet and starts spinning hip-hop out of no where.

You've got a good point there Vic. It's rare that you find a DJ who's able to cross so many genres of music so seemlessly. Kind of like Lee Burridge, or Danny Howells.... Skribbles is right up there with those guys, no doubt.

OK, it's now that it's obvious, I'll tell you that I voted for Munns. The guy just has a style all his own. I love how he takes the biggest songs from last summer, puts them all on a CD, and sells it to you with his face on the cover. Inspirational!

You've got a good point there Vic. It's rare that you find a DJ who's able to cross so many genres of music so seemlessly. Kind of like Lee Burridge, or Danny Howells.... Skribbles is right up there with those guys, no doubt.

OK, it's now that it's obvious, I'll tell you that I voted for Munns. The guy just has a style all his own. I love how he takes the biggest songs from last summer, puts them all on a CD, and sells it to you with his face on the cover. Inspirational!

Its all about the benjamins. I should do that, put my face on a CD those things would go like hot cakes I tell ya

it takes lots of cojones to do that... i dont think i could pull that, it really takes balls to do that...and for that I admire Munns.

Originally posted by vicman

it takes lots of cojones to do that... i dont think i could pull that, it really takes balls to do that...and for that I admire Munns.

Well yeah... for that and his killer hair! Dude's got some spikes!

Anyone remember the chick he beat out in the wanna be a vj contest? She was damn near perfect.... we could all be listening to her spin Stranger in my House if things had gone down differently on that fateful day. Funny how destiny works, isn't it...

i think a1 or prplhz need to vote on this thread...whatever happened to the romanian guy? he should vote also, were deadlocked at 1 vote each...we need to untie this..i wont be able to sleep if the poll remains tied :worry:

See, that's the beautiful thing about music... everyone can have their own favorite DJ and there's no right or wrong answer to "who is the best". Personally, I can appreciate Skribs for his genre-crossing, Draper for his skills with both CDs and well, CDs, no one can play to a room like Devito, and Ray Munns has some sweet ass hair.

It's great that we're blessed with so many tallented DJs here in the U.S.... those guys overseas don't know what they're missing out on!

werd...i'll definitly be crossing the atlantic to follow skribbles when he plays at turnmills, louie when he plays at space, munns when he plays at fabric and draper when he plays along side zabiela at that club in the czech republic :eek:

roadtrip anyone?

This is a beautiful poll! It reminds me of the "would you rather" game, where you're supposed to choose between 2 things on near equal disgust.

Would you rather be locked in a room for 1 day with nothing but a CD player and Devito's "NYC Underground Party, Vol. 4", or drink a gallon of urine?

Originally posted by groovefire

This is a beautiful poll! It reminds me of the "would you rather" game, where you're supposed to choose between 2 things on near equal disgust.

Would you rather be locked in a room for 1 day with nothing but a CD player and Devito's "NYC Underground Party, Vol. 4", or drink a gallon of urine?

dude thats disgusting.....at this point it would be an easy choice...get me the urine :pint:

Originally posted by groovefire

Dude, you're killing us over here... you HAVE to break the tie!! The suspense is killing me, I really can't hack it anymore!

That choice is SO easy... give me d:Vito anyday! I could listen to NYC Underground 4 for days at a stretch... one day wouldn't be enough time!

"Everyone come dive in the pool with me tonight"

LET'S GET SOAKIN' WET!!!!!!!

Dude, you're killing us over here... you HAVE to break the tie!! The suspense is killing me, I really can't hack it anymore!

I have cast my vote, but not out of respect, but rather fear. Bottomline, anyone with the balls to throw down even a second of "Stranger In My House" should be feared for his propensity to harm.

Originally posted by djresident

ray munns doesn't even spin out, does he?

oh, and i voted for skribbles...anyone who spins hip-hop and tribal hard house must be able to rock a party once in a while

:laugh:

you guys are killing me hahahahahahahaha

See, this is what made my decision so hard. With the possible exception of Draper, any one of these three could be caught dropping Stranger In My House. How do you choose, it's just near impossible!

Ray Munns may not spin-out, but that's because he's more of a mix-cd/compilation guy. If you'll refer to my sig, you'll see that he's all about exposing the artists. He doesn't really want to expose himself too much I think.

hahahahahahahaha

d:Vito dropped stranger in my house as his encore track last saturday at Avalon.....actually it was just the vocal part and right as it rips into the music, he cut it. Such a tease !!!! I mean, thats what I heard....not like I was there or anything :blank:

vman get some dc heads in on this vote....we gotta settle this