Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you still explore new music?

Seems a lot of people have found their "niche"... be it Sound Factory, Be Yourself, Earth...

Do you still go out of your way to experience new things? Go to a club you never went to before? Go out for a night of music that you don't usually listen to?

I've been doing that sort of thing lately, and I must say, it feels GOOD to break out of a rut! :aright:

I am never comfortable with one particular "niche"...

I've gone from SF, to Twilo, To EXIT, to a brief rendez-vous with limelight, and then to Centro Fly. They all have their good points, but i gotta keep on movin'

But im always down for new stuff. I've been wanting to visit a good reggae club for a long time now, and also clubs in other lands, like Miami and Europe are definitely in store for this smurf ;)

eric... i'll be at luna tonight... please refer to your own sig... ;)

I kinda wish I had that whole family niche thing goin on... I guess i was like the adopted kid in the whole vinyl crew...

but theres just no "Breaks crew" for the most part...

atleast not one that has more than 1 or 2 members who consistantly go out together/the same place...

haha, and Kris(thehacker) has become my dnb "adopt a brother"...

but I tend to kind of float from 1 party to the next, just hoping to catch a good night here and there...whatever the genre...

I'm down with the nomad crew!!!

viva la vagabond! :tongue:

Originally posted by joeg

eric... i'll be at luna tonight... please refer to your own sig... ;)

I kinda wish I had that whole family niche thing goin on... I guess i was like the adopted kid in the whole vinyl crew...

but theres just no "Breaks crew" for the most part...

atleast not one that has more than 1 or 2 members who consistantly go out together/the same place...

haha, and Kris(thehacker) has become my dnb "adopt a brother"...

but I tend to kind of float from 1 party to the next, just hoping to catch a good night here and there...whatever the genre...

I'm down with the nomad crew!!!

viva la vagabond! :tongue:

i guess you could say the CP gives you the family thing while still allowing you to explore new places and music. the best of both worlds, IMO.

Originally posted by hotcheme

i guess you could say the CP gives you the family thing while still allowing you to explore new places and music. the best of both worlds, IMO.

I'll drink to that... there's somebody on CP for every event you might want to check out!

If I find a place I'm very comfortable with, there is no immediate need for me to go seek out a new place, however, I'm always open to trying something new if it's the right place, right time. If you stay stubborn, you'll never know what else you're missing.

Some poeple are content being single-minded.

You really cant waste your time forcing change.

To some people change is a scary thing.

:flame:

Originally posted by hoke

*bump*

This goes hand-in-hand with the "sharing" thread... people need to broaden their horizons! :)

I've really been getting into schranz the last few months, and I've been thinking about starting a new techno/schranz party. Opportunity knocks, and I've got a meeting with the owner of this one joint before I go to spin at Fun House tonite, so I'm trying to decide if this is something I should pursue or not. Anyone into schranz-style techno at all?

Originally posted by heretic909

I've really been getting into schranz the last few months, and I've been thinking about starting a new techno/schranz party. Opportunity knocks, and I've got a meeting with the owner of this one joint before I go to spin at Fun House tonite, so I'm trying to decide if this is something I should pursue or not. Anyone into schranz-style techno at all?

"schranz-y" techno is definitely on my list of favorites... if only i could find a place to play some of the hard shit.........

Originally posted by lasix

"schranz-y" techno is definitely on my list of favorites... if only i could find a place to play some of the hard shit.........

I tend to mix in some schranz with industrial and techno for my first set at Fun House every Friday, depending on my mood. Sometimes the people get into it and dance like crazy, and sometimes they want more melodic stuff, so I just gotta read the crowd. I even used DJ Amok's "Gemetzel (2001 Rework)" as the opening track on my latest industrial mix cd since it's such a cold, hard and dark techno tune. You can check out the first 30 minutes of the mix online at www.SubsurfaceProductions.com under the Dräcos music section to see what I'm talkin about.