Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tonight while your dressing ladies. . .

You can IM me on AIM live during the show with feedback!!

BrianOwen624 on AIM

Check out my debut radio show on metromix.

high Bandwith (cable and up) http://metromixradio.servemp3.com:8005/listen.pls

Low Bandwith (everything else)

http://metromixradio.servemp3.com:8006/listen.pls

I'm Running a test run tonight 7-10, then the show will move to tuesdays 9-12. Heres the info:

This show is dedicated to bringing you your weekly dose of up and coming talent. Each week a guest mix (live or recorded) will be featured as well as a live mix from Brian. You can expect many different genres to appear and some unexpected guests to stop by and drop some beats.

Friday July 19th

Guest Mix by Bennett – The DarkSide

Brian Owen - Live

Biography – Brian Owen

Now in his 8th year of impressing listeners and audiences Brian continues to excel in his programming and mixing abilities. In the process of finishing a degree and developing his DJ career (an impressive feat in itself), this up and coming DJ is adding a new sound to the NYC scene.

Rising from humble beginnings in NJ, he was trained from a young age in classical and jazz music. Once introduced to turntables, they became his instrument of choice. He was first exposed to the NYC scene during the club era of Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, and Vinyl. Since the shutdown of some of these venues, the New York vibe has switched to more intimate settings such as NOCA (formerly Recess), Leopard Lounge, Remote Lounge (next tuesday) and HomeGrownNYC – all of which Brian has been a part of. In addition he has been a Thursday night resident at La Mer in Brooklyn, a resident at The Velvet Lounge in NJ, played private parties throughout the northeast and he has released over 6 promo CD’s.

Now looking to expand on his live performance background, Brian has joined Metromix Radio as a resident DJ. His weekly show “aboveground†is dedicated to bringing forth new talent and transcending the common mainstream/underground conflict.

“Brian has a diverse and unique sound which makes him stand out and demonstrates why he is deserving of his recent success“

~Jason Jollins (United Underground, Plexi, touchedbyadj.com)

“Brian’s evolving sound is addictive and catchy, I can’t stop listening, it makes me want to dance but I don’t know howâ€

~Kurtis Patrick (Proton Radio, Deck Junkie)

Resources:

www.metromixradio.com

www.metromixradio.com/homegrown/

www.homegrownNYC.com/

www.jasonjollins.com/

www.protonradio.com/shows/patrick.html

www.deckjunkie.com/dj_kurtis.html