Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DnB, techno, and "art" (2 nights at the lunatarium)

wow.......i dont even know where to begin really, i just got back from my second straight night at the lunatarium for complacent's 2002 party

friday - july 19

the drum and bass party

db had an awesome set, but the best set of the night i think was empress....she was insane

quoth, gmoneyjive, and i definitely tore up the dancefloor for a while....never moved that fast (or sweat that much) in my whole life

the videos on the wall were definitely cool, but then there was shit on the floor that was just odd and taking up space that i didnt really like

saturday - july 20

the whole blakkat crew was spinning till like 1:30 or so.....:eek: very good....then there was this other guy after them, played bangin techno, there was house and trance in the other room, i was liking it

then at like 3:30- 4:00 the music started getting slow and weird so i bounced

being nice to strangers incident #1

some guy: can i bum a cigarette?

me: yeah

some guy: (pulls out money to pay me for a cigarette)

me: just take it, its just a cigarette

some guy: do you smoke trees?

some guy: so ill smoke you out and were even

me: ok :smoke: :smoke:

being nice to strangers incident #2

some other guy: hey bro do you have an extra cigarette

me: yeah sure

some other guy: thanks

(trivial conversation ensues)........................

some other guy: well that was cool of you ill buy you a drink

me: ok :beer: :beer:

being nice to strangers incident #3

some guy: yo, lemme get dat cig?

some guy: (pulls out money to pay me for a cigarette)

me: just take it, its just a cigarette

some guy: do you like bjs?

some guy: so ill smoke you and were even

me: ok :bj:

Friday was a pretty interesting night. I'm no longer a luna-virgin. Good to see CP heads at an underground event. It was like a weird rave scene, people were pretty chill. The visual effects were awesome, those guys are brilliant. Can't beat $10. My only complaint was the lack of A/C, hot of balls in there.

Someone REALLY wanted to find me that night, he went around for an hour asking around for me. I feel special :tongue: Then he took my cigs that I bought for him and bounced. DICK! :laugh:

Originally posted by echostar

oh yeah, tonight one of the "art" exhibits was a guy getting surgery on his arm, im not even joking they were literally cutting his arm open and doing shit to it and then sewed it back

OMFG!!! If you are actually serious, I am so glad I didn't see that.

My first warehouse party - definitely a nice change of pace. The luna had me in awe as soon as I stepped off the freight elevator - all I could say was "WOW". Never seen anything like it before. They coulda opened some windows tho - the heat got to me quickly.

Nice meetin quoth, xpander, abortionator (officially anyway), and possibly someone else (u all know how bad my damn memory is)...

Hadn't really heard much dnb before, and I gained an appreciation for it. First time dancing to it, and kinda made some progress... but quoth & echostar were right there putting me to shame lol :) The bpm is pretty ridiculous & hard to keep up with, and while I still prefer house/trance, it was nice to try something new.

Overall good time - thnx to those who convinced me to go ;)