Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How to hire Top Dj's?

Ok, heres my question. I am probably going to be opening my new club in late october. But i am in Asia (Hong Kong). How do I locate the top djs or their agent. I want to hire one for a month.

I assume we pay for their hotel, and airfare yes (manager also?). If anyone can help with the info on this (no matter which area) let me know.

Its a small club (300 or so at one time)..so we cant shell out big time, but we want a decent name from Europe or US. any suggestions is good too.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by jetmotion

Ok, heres my question. I am probably going to be opening my new club in late october. But i am in Asia (Hong Kong). How do I locate the top djs or their agent. I want to hire one for a month.

I assume we pay for their hotel, and airfare yes (manager also?). If anyone can help with the info on this (no matter which area) let me know.

Its a small club (300 or so at one time)..so we cant shell out big time, but we want a decent name from Europe or US. any suggestions is good too.

i'd say if your club held 3000 people, but 300 people, no way in hell if you do the finances are you going to get a decent talent... you would probaly loose your shirt...

but if he spun every night for a month, you could possibly do it, but since the chinese took over, i wouldn't go there if i were a dj.... bad things going on over there......

Trust me - no worries about the chinese stuff, as China and Hong Kong are still very separated (mainland chinese needs special visas to enter Hong Kong).

But I totally agree with the finance thing. I am fully aware that its hard to break even with the DJ, but its not for making money, its for building awareness by bringing some hot talent in.

How much would just the djing cost (a ball park figure to work with)

yah in the phillpines im from there. we just had chicane steve lawler dave seaman dimitri... a couple of years ago we had jonathan peters and paul van dyk and and a few gatecrasher evenrts at the millenium...if u want to know how to contact djs. let me know. especially just in the asian circuit.....i know good djs here in the asian club scene