Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday night!

prplhz

Okay, since no one else has said anything about this night all I am going to say is, WOW!!!:eek: Was that not one great night?? Kudos to D:Fuse, he put on one great show... And Rise was a great time as usual, great hanging with and meeting some really great people.:D

I had an absolutely awesome time on Friday. Went to Axis, but really couldn't get into Satoshi's set at all. Just wasn't doing it for me. No big deal, just wandered around Avalon for a bit, bumped into a bunch of people including d:Rew, then settled in right in front of the DJ booth with Katie and Jess and had a blast! Katie kept telling me d:Fuse was off thanks to a flight delay, but I enjoyed his set. I especially loved the drum kit... that made the set in my opinion.

Then off to Rise and holy shit :eek: :eek: :eek: d:Rew, I looked around for you, but I don't think you made it. To put it simply, you missed the fuck out! Cass' set was sick, best late-night music I think I've ever heard. The setting was just so perfect. Not crowded at all, everyone REALLY into the music, the DJs having fun, Satoshi shows up, met d:Fuse (not that I realized who I was meeting at the time), bumped into j5 and resident (oh, that's why d:Rew wasn't there)... and all in all just had a really good time dancing to some of the best music to hit Boston in ages.

Hopefully we'll get Cass back soon! Once just wasn't enough!

Yeah, that was great when Satoshi was spinning with Cass, the two of them sounded really great together.... It was such a surprise to see two very cool DJ's showing up and doing a show for all of their fans, at a little place like Rise. Or shall I say Rise is the upcoming venue in Boston. Great job Rise!!:bounce::clap::clap2:

And D:Fuse what a nice guy!! The drum did make his set, no doubt!!

Hey Dave, nice to meet you too (after all this time!) Can't wait to hear you blow up on August 2nd :eek::D

Unfortunately I'm moving to Somerville on August 24th, so I'll be out of all the action. But as they say, you can take the man out of Allston, but you can't take the Allston out of the man (wait, no, that doesn't sound right at all... they definitely DON'T say that). But either way, I'll definitely be spending some time in @llston after I move... we'll have to go out for drinks and whatnot.

Also, don't look now, but there's a lounge moving in right near you. Tonic is going to open up where the N.E. Brewing Co. used to be.... could this be the laid-back, loungy venu we've all been looking for?:confused: Probably not..... :blank:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Tonic is going to open up where the N.E. Brewing Co. used to be.... could this be the laid-back, loungy venu we've all been looking for?:confused: Probably not..... :blank:

no, it'll be the perfect loungy night:smoke:...untill spetember when they change it to hip-hop:blown:

either way i'm down to chill. also, info on Aug. 2 will be emailed shortly to everyone i know is interested :)

...d:Fuse was off thanks to a flight delay, but I enjoyed his set.

Yeah, the poor bastard pretty much sat on a plane for almost 12 hours before getting to Avalon. We were supposed to meet up for pre-party drinks, but his damn plane was so late, it didn't happen.

After Avalon, we went back to hang at his hotel for a bit before Rise and I broke his smoke detector and almost crashed through a glass coffee table. Not my finest hour.

He's a really cool dude, though, and totally hilarious. And for the record, despite a long-ass day, he party'd all night long, and then got on a plane for a show in Detroit. God bless that man.

Originally posted by kaydup

Nope I missed Rise. Hell I was at Avalon, J5 got Rise. We had to compromise on something. Actually we went to an after party and were planning on going, but you know how it goes sometimes:tongue:

Unless that party had midgets, 1000s of naked broads, free cars, hover bikes, the sweedish bikini team, the dahli lama, and Danny Howells DJing... YOU BLEW IT!!!

Rise had the best music/vibe combo I've ever seen in Boston (aside from Howells at Axis). It was just unreal... Cass put a serious hurtin' on everyone, the crowd was in awe, there were free popsicles... you name it, that party had it!

Next time you decide to pull another move like that, make sure I smack you one propah....:D

Originally posted by groovefire

Yeah, the poor bastard pretty much sat on a plane for almost 12 hours before getting to Avalon. We were supposed to meet up for pre-party drinks, but his damn plane was so late, it didn't happen.

After Avalon, we went back to hang at his hotel for a bit before Rise and I broke his smoke detector and almost crashed through a glass coffee table. Not my finest hour.

He's a really cool dude, though, and totally hilarious. And for the record, despite a long-ass day, he party'd all night long, and then got on a plane for a show in Detroit. God bless that man.

hey groovefire... i see you are another dfuse fan... and yes, a very cool dude.. i've partied with him late night a number of times... debo says he'll bring him back :D :D :D

Originally posted by a1wave

hey groovefire... i see you are another dfuse fan... and yes, a very cool dude.. i've partied with him late night a number of times... debo says he'll bring him back :D :D :D

Yeah, I've been a fan for years. Thing I always liked about him is he really looks like he has fun spinning records. A lot of DJ's look miserable up there, don't they? But Dustin always rocks out.

I've always thought DJ's have gotta love their music...if they don't, how's the crowd supposed to?

Unless that party had midgets, 1000s of naked broads, free cars, hover bikes, the sweedish bikini team, the dahli lama, and Danny Howells DJing... YOU BLEW IT!!!

Rise had the best music/vibe combo I've ever seen in Boston (aside from Howells at Axis). It was just unreal... Cass put a serious hurtin' on everyone, the crowd was in awe, there were free popsicles... you name it, that party had it!

Next time you decide to pull another move like that, make sure I smack you one propah....:D

I did blow it then, because the dahli lama bailed and the hover bikes were broken