how can you even think of goin up against... Space

(what large marbles u must have)

May the force be w/ you.

(Emperor & his Jedi Knights next-door)

(Space babes aswell)

I'll swing on by/check it out

for a change of scenery alright.

Do us CP'ers get any Buga-treatment?

First, Miami is is not a one horse town. Space cannot hold all the peeps who love to go clubbing.

Second Downtown Miami only has 4 clubs, South Beach has god only knows how many. and there always new ones poping up over there. When I use to run The Mix afterhours on south beach 3 other afterhours open up and they worked. they were not as big as THE MIX, but they offered a different place to go.

Third, Exile has something to offer the public that no other club on the block can offer. a real stage for "Full Live Perfomances" and it can cater to any type of music.

Question: If you had a choice to see a big name perform Live or do a dj set, which would you prefer?

I'm in no way trying to compete with Space (I dont have that kind of budget, yet) all I'm offering is an alternative place to hang out afterhours.

what's buga-treatment?

if it is like VIP. we are not charging any cover charge.

we want you to come in, buy drinks and enjoy good music.

Gio

Originally posted by djdekan

sorry gio to be on your case, I seriously do wish you well...... The damn negativity on the board is getting to even me. ouch (F$%K the board) HA ;)

It's all good.

Imagine how it got to me. As soon as I posted I got bombed by all these peeps that have "If it ain't Space, It sucks" mentality.

Look, I have this other idea that i'm workin on. When I can get it finalized I'm gonna call you. It will benefit everyone involved.;)

Originally posted by mikeydny

Is Exile open this saturday morning, cuz we all know whos spinning after PVD :blown:

Sorry, Roland doesn't spin trance athems.. Strictly Progressive/Dirty Funk. Maybe progressive isn't your cup of tea, but Roly is one hell of a talented DJ.. PVD approved his opening, so I guess that tells you something... Mikey, maybe we should get Danny Tsettos to open & close...:cheese:

Originally posted by biznation00

Sorry, Roland doesn't spin trance athems.. Strictly Progressive/Dirty Funk. Maybe progressive isn't your cup of tea, but Roly is one hell of a talented DJ.. PVD approved his opening, so I guess that tells you something... Mikey, maybe we should get Danny Tsettos to open & close...:cheese:

Ummm wasn't Roland spinning after Picotto In June I believe he was...Lethal Industry and Punk aren't trance anthems?

I wouldn't actually mind Denny Tsettos opening or closing, actually hear some sick vocals in space.

Im gonna try to remember 5 tracks Roland plays before/after PVD, we'll see, what kind of Progressive/Dirty Funk he plays.

Originally posted by mikeydny

Ummm wasn't Roland spinning after Picotto In June I believe he was...Lethal Industry and Punk aren't trance anthems?

I wouldn't actually mind Denny Tsettos opening or closing, actually hear some sick vocals in space.

Im gonna try to remember 5 tracks Roland plays before/after PVD, we'll see, what kind of Progressive/Dirty Funk he plays.

Mikey is right...he went right into trance after Picotto was off the decks....I think Roland spins something different everytime I see him, another reason why I dont like him, he has no personal style that I can detect.

Originally posted by steffy27

Mikey is right...he went right into trance after Picotto was off the decks....I think Roland spins something different everytime I see him, another reason why I dont like him, he has no personal style that I can detect.

Thank You and Thank You.

Why wouldn't PVD ask for Edgar, shit that dont make sense, I swear someone mentioned they work for the same company........

You are right about the trance & Picotto.. Tell you what, if you were following picotto, how would you play?? Not many Djs can keep up with that guy... He had to adapt to what picotto left behind. thats not his bag, but what can he do... Had a great opening, even Mauro lifted roly's arm and gave him props in front of the masses when he finished his set...

Roland spins something different everytime I see him

You might call that versatility. btw, it's not easy opening for all the big name djs. It's not about playing your style str8 up in that slot. It's about adapting to set up the guy behind you to the best of your ability.

Stay for his full session Saturdays in the patio 4 - 6:30am (Lunar Sessions) and watch him work thru his set... Watching him build thru it is a tru treat. One the many great qualities he has a dj...

Originally posted by biznation00

You are right about the trance & Picotto.. Tell you what, if you were following picotto, how would you play?? Not many Djs can keep up with that guy... He had to adapt to what picotto left behind. thats not his bag, but what can you do... Had a great opening, even Mauro lifted roly's arm and gave him props in front of the masses when he finished his set...

Stay for his full session Saturdays in the patio 4 - 6:30am (Lunar Sessions) and watch him work thru his set... Watching him build thru it is a tru treat. One the many great qualities he has a dj...

If I was following Picotto, after the set Picotto dropped @ Space that night I wouldnt be playing Trance because Picotto barely played any trance, and I sure as hell wouldn't of played Lethal Industry and Punk, I was waiting for him to play Southern Sun.

Next time Im there on a saturday ill definetely go give a listen to him on the patio and see what he does.

Im just a lil iffy about what hes gonna play before PVD, which I really dont care, but after, if PVD tears it up (im not even a PVD FAN), he better keep the vibe in that place alive, because he sort of killed it at Picotto.

P.s. - is there any list this week?

Third, Exile has something to offer the public that no other club on the block can offer. a real stage for "Full Live Perfomances" and it can cater to any type of music. I'm in no way trying to compete with Space (I dont have that kind of budget, yet) all I'm offering is an alternative place to hang out afterhours.

Heres a couple of other options for you to think of

Mr. "I use to run The Mix afterhours"

(just in case it doesnt work-out again for ya these weekends)

How about bringing down a Boy Band?

Hek, you could be signed as there dj.

(I can visualize the flyer, all members w/ cool outfits/sunglasses & you in the background cutting it up)

attachment.php?postid=940232

If not,

I'm sure we can put together a CP group.

I'll make sure to pass by & give you some other ideas I may have. lol

(now for a comment about Roland)

Roland has always been a hit to the masses everywhere,

from the legendary Club 609 & Mad Jacks ...

to his kick-ass residency @ Club Space.

He's rubbed vinyl w/ a huge list of other djs/producers/artisits in our time.

I'm sure theresmore we can expect from this cat in the future.

*Butter-up the PVD fans, he'll surely do.

PEACE

&

CHICKEN

GREASE

attachment.php?postid=907900

My god, we've hijacked poor Gio's thread. :cool:

Any DJ I know if opening or closing for someone, tends to mimic the style at first, then segue into his or her own. How would you feel if PvD dropped some trance anthem, then Roland bust on with Shiny Disco Balls? It'd be jarring to say the least. He'll drop Shiny Disco Balls, but after pulling the crowd nice and easy out of trance-land.

I really dont think PVD is all that happy with Roland Opening or closing for him (Me neither), especially after Paul, and Edgar are close friends and know each others styles. (Club Politics as usaual, "Lets save edgar for the for the following weekend so we can have him vs Dave and make more money" Come on...........

I dont trash Rolands Style at alllll, I just dont like it and dont think it goes well with any trance dj, you would headline on Friday Nights. (Honestly think about it, he belongs out on the patio with Ivano)

Originally posted by bugaloooo

Heres a couple of other options for you to think of

Mr. "I use to run The Mix afterhours"

(just in case it doesnt work-out again for ya these weekends)

How about bringing down a Boy Band?

Hek, you could be signed as there dj.

(I can visualize the flyer, all members w/ cool outfits/sunglasses & you in the background cutting it up)

If not,

I'm sure we can put together a CP group.

I'll make sure to pass by & give you some other ideas I may have. lol

You know, All I tried to do is invite peeps to a new party and I get insults from Space's flyer boy. I want to thank you for one Mr. "Boogerloooo" I'm flattered you think I look good enough to be in a boy band.

I'm sorry I can't say the same about you.

Bugaloo Club. Isn't that the club that "pookieheads" join when they are old enough to drink?:puke:

Originally posted by sobeton

no ! that would be Oscar G.. he is far from being a ,wrecked traveling record case...:confused:

Oops! my bad. I didn't mean to rank on Oscar G. I thought it was bugaloo he has a bugaloo t-shirt on.

Oscar G. if you read this thread. I sincerly apologize.

I take it back.

As for bugaloo:

Bugaloo® goodies above are parodistic.

Parody: A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style

of an author, artist or a work for comic effect or ridicule.

here a parody for you.

attachment.php?postid=945033

and I think Bobby Radical will turn you out like a $5 crack whore when it comes to parodies.

FIRST THING:

i think its good that u are offering a new "alternative" to Space, nothing wrong with that....Living Room did very well when it was Jimmy T. and Stephan Luke, i dont know how its doing now?

SECOND THING:

damn bro, u didnt know that was Oscar "Fucking" G? i mean ur a dj from "our" scene, and u dont know the big hometown names?

THIRD THING:

Roly is a great DJ, he DOES NOT SPIN TRANCE!!!! he plays funky house, check him out on the patio for lunar sessions....he always moves and packs the crowd in the patio, Bellini thats another subject (i have one more week to go till Bellini Bashing Time)....i agree Roly isnt the one that should be opening for PVD, but he does the best that he can in a style that he hates and is have a slow drawn out death....he has only one style, PATIO STYLE, thats his style...i agree with POD u cant just throw in House after a banging set like Picotto....thats just like slamming on ur brakes going 100 mph on 826 (not smart)....

Originally posted by geeohh

Is that you with Armand Van Helden or is that his wrecked traveling record case he is holding up.

attachment.php?postid=943011

Man you got a face ONLY a mother could love.

I cant believe Luis let you out of the dungeon to take that picture.

(I've seen a better head on a mug of beer)

attachment.php?postid=943011

Hey why don't you use some of that "Boogerloo Club" soap to wash off your face (or ass i can't tell which is it) of all the dirt (or sh!t) that's on it.:blown::)

You know your screwed now, I already hear Oscar telling the space management "crush them"...:blown:

I think most of us would welcome a new club down town.

I enjoy going to Space or Livingroom for a few of resons.

Very easy to get too and lots of parking very close to the clubs. The fact they dont have to follow the same liquor laws as the beach and that they can stay open until they decide the close is enough for me to not need to go to the beach on a saturday.

So whats so bad about there being another place opening up shop downtown..

There will always be critisism, positive and negitive replys to ideas and actions that everyone of us have or carry out.

You should sit back and answer the questions and replys we have for you or your club and not let your self be drawn into attacking back. If you did that the above mistake wouldnt have happend.. Yours surpose to represent exile.

I'll check out exile @ some point i,m sure but try to remember your trying to do something the rest of us can only dream of.

Try and play your role in a proffessional manner.

Ok i,m done