Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Afterhours Downtown!! No Cover!!

geeohh

Originally posted by biznation00

You are right about the trance & Picotto.. Tell you what, if you were following picotto, how would you play?? Not many Djs can keep up with that guy... He had to adapt to what picotto left behind. thats not his bag, but what can he do... Had a great opening, even Mauro lifted roly's arm and gave him props in front of the masses when he finished his set...

You might call that versatility. btw, it's not easy opening for all the big name djs. It's not about playing your style str8 up in that slot. It's about adapting to set up the guy behind you to the best of your ability.

Stay for his full session Saturdays in the patio 4 - 6:30am (Lunar Sessions) and watch him work thru his set... Watching him build thru it is a tru treat. One the many great qualities he has a dj...

You also have to remember that roland has to take the crowd into consideration. Alot of the people that go to space aren't hardcore clubbers and they like popular songs they can recognize and buildups etc etc etc... To get those people hyped up he plays what they want to hear. It's as simple as that. You have to give the guy room for error cause he's not just catering his set to harcore clubbers. It's a hard balance to make both groups happy.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

any trance is too much trance,

KEEP THAT SHIT PROGRESSIVE...

Dj Gio, i'll help you out a little, first rule in making money is?

It takes money to make money.... Get some talent down there and maybe people will come, but you give us no or little reason to check it out besides just being nice..... there is sooo much brand name talent that you could get dirt cheep.... its sobe, any dj would welcome to come here to take on space...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

To make money, use "other" peoples money?:confused:

it takes money to make money!

or go public and cook the books.... take your pick....

I am back boys and girls, well maybe just the boys (the hot ones). I saw this delicious little thread and i could not resist my self. All this talk about "boy bands" and turning someone out like a $5 dollar crack whore, got me all "hot and bothered". I know this Bobby Radical, I know him really well. But he didn't "turn me out like a $5 crack whore", he treated me better than my cell mate in Dade County lock up. By the way, Bobby, you left your "anal beads" and "g-string" at my house. And who is that yummy dj in the flyer for Exile? He makes my mouth water just looking at him, even more then a spicy Polish sausage. Thats dj Gio? Wow, Miami's little circuit djs keep on getting yummier by the minute!!! First that delicious little dj Demo, now Gio (I wish I could keep them both, I would call them "Now and Later") Great name too for your club (Sin), after a night with that hot little dj, I am going to need to confess my sins!!! These djs have the cutest names too, Armand and Gio, all sounding like exotic Male Cologne. Well I am definitely going to swing by this little party. Hopefully Gio will let me put my needle on his record, as long as he doesn't do any scratching.

ps

Tell Bobby that I have a nice big, PA-"ROD"-IY FOR HIM....

Originally posted by saleen351

any trance is too much trance,

KEEP THAT SHIT PROGRESSIVE...

Dj Gio, i'll help you out a little, first rule in making money is?

It takes money to make money.... Get some talent down there and maybe people will come, but you give us no or little reason to check it out besides just being nice..... there is sooo much brand name talent that you could get dirt cheep.... its sobe, any dj would welcome to come here to take on space...

what exactly is progressive ?? the most successful clubs develop their own talent. what brand name talent would you suggest ?

Originally posted by dropdasoap69

I am back boys and girls, well maybe just the boys (the hot ones). I saw this delicious little thread and i could not resist my self. All this talk about "boy bands" and turning someone out like a $5 dollar crack whore, got me all "hot and bothered". I know this Bobby Radical, I know him really well. But he didn't "turn me out like a $5 crack whore", he treated me better than my cell mate in Dade County lock up. By the way, Bobby, you left your "anal beads" and "g-string" at my house. And who is that yummy dj in the flyer for Exile? He makes my mouth water just looking at him, even more then a spicy Polish sausage. Thats dj Gio? Wow, Miami's little circuit djs keep on getting yummier by the minute!!! First that delicious little dj Demo, now Gio (I wish I could keep them both, I would call them "Now and Later") Great name too for your club (Sin), after a night with that hot little dj, I am going to need to confess my sins!!! These djs have the cutest names too, Armand and Gio, all sounding like exotic Male Cologne. Well I am definitely going to swing by this little party. Hopefully Gio will let me put my needle on his record, as long as he doesn't do any scratching.

ps

Tell Bobby that I have a nice big, PA-"ROD"-IY FOR HIM....

Hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

what exactly is progressive ?? the most successful clubs develop their own talent. what brand name talent would you suggest ?

trance

house

progressive house

tech

those are the four main food groups... all music basically falls into one of them...

perfect examples

Sm Trax, got the groove is progressive

rivera tracks are house

trance sucks so we don't need an example

tech = mr picotto, marco bailey

guest djs, i'd say, Peters.... its not want we want or what we like, its about packing the place, and he sure would.. so many nyers would come out of the wood work, and with 3 weeks notice many factory heads would come down.... hes a local guy, only 3 hour flight... probably take 20 grand to get him to play.... maybe 15... which is not that bad....... so what if exile only breaks even, the point is to get people there and create a buzz.....

trance

house

progressive house

tech

those are the four main food groups... all music basically falls into one of them...

perfect examples

Sm Trax, got the groove is progressive

rivera tracks are house

trance sucks so we don't need an example

tech = mr picotto, marco bailey

guest djs, i'd say, Peters.... its not want we want or what we like, its about packing the place, and he sure would.. so many nyers would come out of the wood work, and with 3 weeks notice many factory heads would come down.... hes a local guy, only 3 hour flight... probably take 20 grand to get him to play.... maybe 15... which is not that bad....... so what if exile only breaks even, the point is to get people there and create a buzz.....

ummmm ! dance music is the foundation. under that term can be, a pilfer of genres. most them are generic terms at the least . you named the four most commercial genres. part of being an astute clubber; is being open to and appreciating different genres of music. until about a month ago, you thought mauro was just a trance dj. dance music is constantly evolving.

as a point of information. although I like peters. he couldn't fill my living room. he has been here several times before, and the attendance was less then spectacular. incidentally I'm not referring to wmc..

I'm not quite sure if you have ever owned a club; or promoted a nite from the ground up. Gio has he knows the market. you are new to south florida, you don't know the market. what works up north does not ,and will not necessarily work in south florida.

p.s. a little place opened three years ago. in a shitty neighborhood downtown. they opened with a vision, a nice setup, and a resident dj who nobody really knew. they made mistakes, and they learned. that club was Space , and that dj was Edgar V.

p.s. a little place opened three years ago. in a shitty neighborhood downtown. they opened with a vision, a nice setup, and a resident dj who nobody really knew. they made mistakes, and they learned. that club was Space , and that dj was Edgar V.

Amen!!!

Guest saleen351

ummmm ! dance music is the foundation. under that term can be, a pilfer of genres. most them are generic terms at the least . you named the four most commercial genres. part of being an astute clubber; is being open to and appreciating different genres of music. until about a month ago, you thought mauro was just a trance dj. dance music is constantly evolving.

as a point of information. although I like peters. he couldn't fill my living room. he has been here several times before, and the attendance was less then spectacular. incidentally I'm not referring to wmc..

I'm not quite sure if you have ever owned a club; or promoted a nite from the ground up. Gio has he knows the market. you are new to south florida, you don't know the market. what works up north does not ,and will not necessarily work in south florida.

i have ran a club, but it was nothing like a real club or anything, but when space opened what was the biggest and best nyc style club down here at the time that had 24 hour liq lic?

point is since space is here exile must compete, if they had millions of dollars then they can put a resident in there and hope it takes off, but since they are on a tight budget, you must create an artificial hype about the place.... Exile's marketing aproach should answer only one question. "why should i not got to space and go to exile instead?" till they answer that it will be a fore gone conclusion that space will own miami. And about peters, lets see, it is 4am, cpers are on the beach and at space, you look at your watch and peters goes on at exile at 5am, about the time he takes the decks in nyc, everyone and their mother would be there, problem is he never misses his sat nights at the factory, and with major rumors flying he is leaving nyc for miami, he'll destroy this town in 2 weeks, and where ever he plays it will be packed to the brim... packing a club is easy, creating a vibe is not... but without any crowd the vibe can never be created..

And about peters..... problem is he never misses his sat nights at the factory, and with major rumors flying he is leaving nyc for miami, he'll destroy this town in 2 weeks, and where ever he plays it will be packed to the brim... packing ..

Let me get one thing clear and clear this rumor up - As a friend of JP and the "Crew" he is not and I mean never leaving NYC or Soundfactory for Miami. Yes he will play out there, but he is truly dedicated to SF. - Ask him - and you will get the same answer. :tongue:

Peters is an excellent Dj - but he can't pack a place in Miami as he does in NY- Don't know why - but I have been out there everytime he has been there and its not the same. I would love to see him tear the place down for once in Miami. (my opinion)

Oh and regarding the sound systems - I'm from NYC and frequent lots of clubs since I'm in the promoting business - Arc system is excellent but the Nexo Alpha E sound system is much better in quality and sound. Sorry but you have to hear it yourself.

Didn't want to post - but had to put my 2 cents in, especially about JP. Thanks

i have ran a club, but it was nothing like a real club or anything, but when space opened what was the biggest and best nyc style club down here at the time that had 24 hour liq lic?

point is since space is here exile must compete, if they had millions of dollars then they can put a resident in there and hope it takes off, but since they are on a tight budget, you must create an artificial hype about the place.... Exile's marketing aproach should answer only one question. "why should i not got to space and go to exile instead?" till they answer that it will be a fore gone conclusion that space will own miami. And about peters, lets see, it is 4am, cpers are on the beach and at space, you look at your watch and peters goes on at exile at 5am, about the time he takes the decks in nyc, everyone and their mother would be there, problem is he never misses his sat nights at the factory, and with major rumors flying he is leaving nyc for miami, he'll destroy this town in 2 weeks, and where ever he plays it will be packed to the brim... packing a club is easy, creating a vibe is not... but without any crowd the vibe can never be created..

Space is not a ny style club, and has never promoted or fashioned itself as being one. as new yorkers we may ,feel comfortable in saying that, but it’s not the case. by virtue of being an after-hours club Exile will indeed compete with Space. very much as Pump does, and they have been doing after-hours, for longer then Space.. if Exile they had a million dollars; it’s not a paramount to success. since you don’t know Gio, and quite frankly nether do I. you have no idea what his vision or marketing approach is. you are merely speculating. I will remind you again, Gio was one of the founders of the Mix . since you know nothing about, the history of the Mix.. let me enlighten you. they started out in very much ,the same manner as Space. however without a liquor license. there reason for closing, had nothing to do with attendance,but more to do with miami beach politics. let me bring up another thing ,for you to ponder. Peters played at the old fuel ( the location where the living room downtown is now); right next door to space. again even with Peters Space blew fuel away.. so the assumption that people, will go to hear Peters. is not a fore gone conclusion, but rather a pipe dream. if Peters comes down here, he will be working from the ground up. also there is a wealth of talent down here, that would blow Peters away.. packing a club is not easy. again it takes vision, a solid music foundation, and a hell of a lot of luck. if you can't beat your competition outright, you carve a niche in the market for yourself. just ask crobar, Pump, Level, Club Deep, Aluvion, etc. they by their very nature of being nightclubs, compete with each other, and they still are making a success of it.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by escasy

Let me get one thing clear and clear this rumor up - As a friend of JP and the "Crew" he is not and I mean never leaving NYC or Soundfactory for Miami. Yes he will play out there, but he is truly dedicated to SF. - Ask him - and you will get the same answer. :tongue:

Oh and regarding the sound systems - I'm from NYC and frequent lots of clubs since I'm in the promoting business - Arc system is excellent but the Nexo Alpha E sound system is much better in quality and sound. Sorry but you have to hear it yourself.

Didn't want to post - but had to put my 2 cents in, especially about JP. Thanks

i for one never believed the rumors, but they are a great marketing ploy for him to play other places... when will we see jp down here, i don't need an exact date, but before oct, after oct, before dec etc.........

Saleen YOU are starting to piss me off..... I mean im not the God of music But you have no clue about trance so dont Talk about it.

2nd Just because u Saw Picotto, it doesn make you the tech expert (Prove me wrong and come up with a few more names/tracks/live sets)

3rd If you have Heard Many djs (Trance Djs) as of late they have been dropping ALOT of Robbie (Tiesto, Judge Jules, Armin), so I wouldnt consider him House.

Saleen Man your a great guy ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djdekan

Saleen YOU are starting to piss me off..... I mean im not the God of music But you have no clue about trance so dont Talk about it.

2nd Just because u Saw Picotto, it doesn make you the tech expert (Prove me wrong and come up with a few more names/tracks/live sets)

3rd If you have Heard Many djs (Trance Djs) as of late they have been dropping ALOT of Robbie (Tiesto, Judge Jules, Armin), so I wouldnt consider him House.

Saleen Man your a great guy ;)

pete why do u take it personal? i hate foreign cars with a passion but i won't be pissed off if you drive a honda...

you need some sambvca.... jersey style..............:D

oh i forgot, i'm not "starting" to piss you off, i've been pissing you off for a long time..:D

pete why do u take it personal? i hate foreign cars with a passion but i won't be pissed off if you drive a honda...

you need some sambvca.... jersey style..............:D

oh i forgot, i'm not "starting" to piss you off, i've been pissing you off for a long time..:D

WEAK!!! ur going to PVD to hear trance...instead of Burridge??!!

since ur such a Trance Fan, i suggest alot of liquor and a cab ride home....;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

WEAK!!! ur going to PVD to hear trance...instead of Burridge??!!

since ur such a Trance Fan, i suggest alot of liquor and a cab ride home....;)

i've never seen him live, might as well check him out, especially for free:D

if he sucks, i'll leave for spin, or just go home....my girl amy works at a club in lauderdale and they throw me a birth day party every week there, so i drink for free, get in free so does my crew, so fuck it, it will be a great weekend no matter what..