Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: DJs, activists, philanthropists

The Olive Branch, the premier direct action grassroots homeless advocacy group of Washington D.C, has recently been divided- after the city stormed it premises and fined the landlord thousands of dollars, they were served with an eviction notice of 8/11/02. Harold Moss, former leader of Olive Branch, who helped found CCNV with Mitch Snyder, found a new house but declined form taking all the residents.

The remaining residents wish to renovate and continue working on homelessness and gentrification issues in Washington, DC, at the same residency using a true consensus process. Bork, the most gutsy activist I know, declined going to the new residency because Harold left members of the Olive Branch behind, leaving no real alternative for housing for these activists. Isn't this funny since he is fighting for the homeless? or is he?

for details check out www.olivebranchcommunity.org or www.dc.indymedia.org

Harold also controlled the finances of the house, therefore money is needed to sustain what is left of the Olive Branch Community- so we @ 942 Westminster St will be throwing a party on sat Aug 3rd, 2002.

I am bottomlining this and this is what I need- A SOUNDSYSTEM, TURNTABLES, A BAND WITH IT'S OWN EQUIPMENT, PUBLICITY HELP, VIDEO PROJECTIONS, DEEJAYS, BEER WINE AND LIQUOR DONATIONS.

i will be sending out a promo email soon enough-

one last thing - The Kaffa House has been renovated with gorgeous murals and couches and is now open as a coffee shop from 7am-11pm. The owner Elias is looking for any political and cultural groups to hold their meeting at Kaffa, anytime, free of charge,- you can also contact me if interested. It is a much larger alternative to Sparky's. Kaffa House is ar 1212 U st NW, Washington, DC 20001- the # is 202-462-1212.

feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested. thanks-JILL

Originally posted by scratchapella

The Olive Branch, the premier direct action grassroots homeless advocacy group of Washington D.C, has recently been divided- after the city stormed it premises and fined the landlord thousands of dollars, they were served with an eviction notice of 8/11/02. Harold Moss, former leader of Olive Branch, who helped found CCNV with Mitch Snyder, found a new house but declined form taking all the residents.

The remaining residents wish to renovate and continue working on homelessness and gentrification issues in Washington, DC, at the same residency using a true consensus process. Bork, the most gutsy activist I know, declined going to the new residency because Harold left members of the Olive Branch behind, leaving no real alternative for housing for these activists. Isn't this funny since he is fighting for the homeless? or is he?

for details check out www.olivebranchcommunity.org or www.dc.indymedia.org

Harold also controlled the finances of the house, therefore money is needed to sustain what is left of the Olive Branch Community- so we @ 942 Westminster St will be throwing a party on sat Aug 3rd, 2002.

I am bottomlining this and this is what I need- A SOUNDSYSTEM, TURNTABLES, A BAND WITH IT'S OWN EQUIPMENT, PUBLICITY HELP, VIDEO PROJECTIONS, DEEJAYS, BEER WINE AND LIQUOR DONATIONS.

i will be sending out a promo email soon enough-

one last thing - The Kaffa House has been renovated with gorgeous murals and couches and is now open as a coffee shop from 7am-11pm. The owner Elias is looking for any political and cultural groups to hold their meeting at Kaffa, anytime, free of charge,- you can also contact me if interested. It is a much larger alternative to Sparky's. Kaffa House is ar 1212 U st NW, Washington, DC 20001- the # is 202-462-1212.

feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested. thanks-JILL

So wait. Would this be a party for homeless people? I didn't think they listened to dance music.

shady, i hope you're kidding.:tongue:

anyways, i think events like these are always a good idea and good exposure for the edm scene. . . music and entertainment utilized as a public good. . .giving back to the community. . .joo know.

parties can be good fundraisers and good publicity. there have also been some interesting ideas about the "potential politics of rave" (http://www.mattg.org/ravepolitics.htm). . .but i don't believe in that new world order/counter culture shiznit.