Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking back....

As I was looking for some pictures last night in my basement. I cam across my box of party flyers (2 of em that is) that i've collected from over the years. I couldnt help but look thru each and every one of them. I even saw a flyer for this party called "The gift." Great flyer with old photos contributed by other people on it. When I looked on the bottom of the flyer I saw noneother than the infamous buster on there! I've seen his name around and the snowball collective. But back then, I really didn't know much about who's who in D.C. but I did know about ppl, like Saeed, Ty t, scott henry, etc. Anyway, im glad i saved those flyers. It really does bring back a lot of memories. Now I have no idea what the hell to do with them because im really hesistant to chuck em all out!

Sopha

Originally posted by spinsaikel

As I was looking for some pictures last night in my basement. I cam across my box of party flyers (2 of em that is) that i've collected from over the years. I couldnt help but look thru each and every one of them. I even saw a flyer for this party called "The gift." Great flyer with old photos contributed by other people on it. When I looked on the bottom of the flyer I saw noneother than the infamous buster on there! I've seen his name around and the snowball collective. But back then, I really didn't know much about who's who in D.C. but I did know about ppl, like Saeed, Ty t, scott henry, etc. Anyway, im glad i saved those flyers. It really does bring back a lot of memories. Now I have no idea what the hell to do with them because im really hesistant to chuck em all out!

Sopha

Hey, how about you take your nostalgia and shove it up your ass? :D

Originally posted by spinsaikel

Sopha

I had this really big empty poster frame so I took some of my favorite flyers and made a collage. It looks cool :D

Originally posted by vicman

shady has a couple of neat flyers from twilo. ones from parties that never took place after it was closed down.

Yeah. I've got Twilo flyers from the last night it was open. And then I have flyers for parties that were supposed to happen the following couple of weeks.

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

I am the biggest pack rat- I can never throw stuff like that away. I'd pack it up somewhere, and then pull it all out again when you're 70- talk about bringing back memories.

yeah i also tend to do that, problem is that i've moved alot in the past 3 years, so its tough taking all the junk with me all over the place.

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

I am the biggest pack rat- I can never throw stuff like that away. I'd pack it up somewhere, and then pull it all out again when you're 70- talk about bringing back memories.

If you can, of course, *remember* the memories at that point Megs!

before/after :rolleyes:

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah. I've got Twilo flyers from the last night it was open. And then I have flyers for parties that were supposed to happen the following couple of weeks.

one of my roomates (who is not zag because zag is so fucking cheap) has a bottle of water from twilo still full. i think raver got it and gave it to him or something. stuff must be nasty as shit by now.

i remember once at twilo, it was early in the morning like 7am and i was wiping sweat off my face cuz that place was so freaking hot and i rubbed my contact out of my left eye, good thing i had a twilo water bottle to store it in! besides for only being able to see pvd clearly with only one eye, i had refrain from drinking out of that water bottle! aaaaahhhh nostalgia

Originally posted by patural9

i remember once at twilo, it was early in the morning like 7am and i was wiping sweat off my face cuz that place was so freaking hot and i rubbed my contact out of my left eye, good thing i had a twilo water bottle to store it in! besides for only being able to see pvd clearly with only one eye, i had refrain from drinking out of that water bottle! aaaaahhhh nostalgia

stuff that people do for pvd...i just remember passing out everytime i went there :D

one of my roomates (who is not zag because zag is so fucking cheap) has a bottle of water from twilo still full. i think raver got it and gave it to him or something. stuff must be nasty as shit by now.

This is coming from a guy that shops at the dollar store.:rolleyes:

sopha! you should definitely keep all of them. put them in a scrapbook. i'm so mad at myself for throwing away my old fliers. i kept all the mixtapes and cds. . . but threw away all the fliers and candy when i left for college. i cried about it a few months later. stupid, huh?

Originally posted by scratchapella

sopha! you should definitely keep all of them. put them in a scrapbook. i'm so mad at myself for throwing away my old fliers. i kept all the mixtapes and cds. . . but threw away all the fliers and candy when i left for college. i cried about it a few months later. stupid, huh?

I know what you mean, I have thrown away pictures and videos of friends and stuff that I thought didn't have meaning anymore or that were just getting to cluttered. And I have thrown away things that now I I really regret. It's always better to have something under the bed, in the closet or out in the garage, than to have it at the city dump when you can never see it again.

KEEP EVERYTHING YOU EVER GET!!

Originally posted by scratchapella

Dont worry, sometimes tell me that I'm planning on keepin all of my fliers until its time to go shopping for walker. I feel that buzz's flyers that are out now, are lacking. There were some REALLY cool ones 2-3 yrs ago. well then, airline industries were producing fold out flyers and flyers that are as big as you and I. I wish they still had technology nights where it was pretty much all headliners. alright, im getting outta the past now. back to the present.

p.s.

you upset me sometimes shady

lol i kept my *empty* twilo bottle :P

and most flyers of parties that i've actually gone to....before i used to keep every flyer i was given but after 4 years of going to clubs i probably wouldn't have any space left over in my apartment