Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nice reviews NYis and TJ5

a1wave

Tom from Rise liked them so much he just had to share... Here they are for all y'all who don't get updates from Rise or post on Avalon's board...

___

"Friday at Rise was one of those nights you don't expect and can't explain. The music was fierce, the crowd was awesome, and seeing 3 DJs like that in a room that size with so much crowd-interaction was just a huge gift!

DJs definitely play differently at Rise. They don't seem to be as hesitant to mix it up and try something they wouldn't normally at another other clubs. Instead of just playing a record, taking it off, playing another, most of the DJs there really WORK the record. They scratch, cut, I don't know what the hell they do to be honest, but I fucking love it! Perfect example of this was Cass absolutely WORKING that Meat Katie track. That was easily the highlight of my entire night.. I was convinced I wouldn't be able

to get that song out of my head the next day, but when I woke up I couldn't get the beat back in my brain. However, on the car ride to work this morning I was listening to Fortier's 1st bedrock disk and almost jumped out of the car. Hearing that song start-up brought back a flood of memories from Rise, it was awesome!"

- NYis4meatheads

"I have tried to think about what to say about this night at Rise but I just don't think much can be said. Just like Spin said...everytime I would look at him I would just shrug my shoulders and smile....not much else can be said besides that !

Porters warm up set was fucking awesome! He skipped over the lighter stuff he usually plays and went right into those heavy prime time tracks of his. Can't wait to be back there August 2nd.

There are not many dj's who could follow Porters set and be able to build or keep the momentum going from there. A bunch of dj's have discovered this recently and haven't done such a good job. Tonight I don't think that was such an issue, and what made Cass's following set even better was having Steve pound it out for a hour and a half, not holding back, and have Cass step in and take off from there.

Cass's set was incredible. The breaks, the techno, the whatever...all mixed in. It's amazing how such fast, techy music could have that "journey" to it that you get out of someone like Digweed. There was defintely a method to his madness Friday night. It was a very good journey....one that turned my brain to mush.

By the time Satoshi showed up I was just speechless...all I could do was dance and smile. To be in such a small room like that with wonderful people listening to these two spin hard and furious was incredible. Cass brought it hard and fast, while Satoshi made things funky. Every two tracks or so they would switch off. This went till close at 7:20am. Nights like these are things you read about...very raw....very unorganized....very good !

Cass was a riot behind the decks. When it was his turn to spin he would finish with Satoshi's record and hand it to him...bowing with the record like karate masters do. Sometimes he would fold his hands after giving him the record and do it again...like an apprentace does to a master. Every time he did this....hilarious ! Satoshi is just one cool cat behind the decks. Loved how he was dancing along throwing his hand in the air...too funny. Both guys at one point made it to the dance floor to bust out some moves

which was honoring to be around.

Many thanks to the crew at Rise for putting this on for us. What started out as a great night already got made even better." -TEAMJ5

Wait, our reviews were on the Rise update?? :confused:

If so, that's pretty cool. I need to start getting those. Actually, I need to get sponsored for membership. Jess and I always say we're going to do it, then we get to the club, start having a good time, and completely forget about it! So next time we'll have to do it (like that hasn't been said before!)

Thanks for the props Katie! :D

Where is the smiley face for blushing ???

I was quite honored to be in that club on Friday night...it was an experience I will never forget. I held back on all the wonderful things I wanted to say because, well, it was Avalons message board :rolleyes:

Thank you once again for a most wonderful night !

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Wait, our reviews were on the Rise update?? :confused:

If so, that's pretty cool. I need to start getting those. Actually, I need to get sponsored for membership. Jess and I always say we're going to do it, then we get to the club, start having a good time, and completely forget about it! So next time we'll have to do it (like that hasn't been said before!)

Thanks for the props Katie! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: so true about the membership

Thanks for the e-mail Katie... that's too funny. It is kind of weird/cool that they singled out me and j5 with the reviews. We should take this act on the road, start working for a DJ rag or something :tongue:

First the Rise update, then the Herald, then the Globe, then xpander.com.... we're moving on up :pint:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Thanks for the e-mail Katie... that's too funny. It is kind of weird/cool that they singled out me and j5 with the reviews. We should take this act on the road, start working for a DJ rag or something :tongue:

First the Rise update, then the Herald, then the Globe, then xpander.com.... we're moving on up :pint:

Did you say you were on the rag:confused: