Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those who play in the market...

Originally posted by dgmodel

bonds...

Basically. Still, now's the time to invest in some secure markets like real estate and bonds, things are cheap, ppl are jittery, gotta take advantage of it. I never trusted the stock market, I mean it's basically taking bets on company performance since the late 90's. That's almost as bad as the new weather derivatives that all the banks are peddling but at least that's used to hedge seasonal risk.

Real Estate is NOT cheap right now. At least not on Long Island. My dad's house went from $700,00o 5 years ago when he bought it to about $3 Million now. And all these little $2-300,000 houses are all worth at least half a million now. So I mean building houses is a smart thing to do now, and if you already own a house your lucky, but buying a new home now is rediculous

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

Real Estate is NOT cheap right now. At least not on Long Island. My dad's house went from $700,00o 5 years ago when he bought it to about $3 Million now. And all these little $2-300,000 houses are all worth at least half a million now. So I mean building houses is a smart thing to do now, and if you already own a house your lucky, but buying a new home now is rediculous

Prices aren't down, true but they aren't ridiculously high either, it's appreciating at the same historical rate. However mortgage rates are down so financing a purchase is a lot better. I got a 5yr ARM at 6%, that's really low. A real estate purchase is good also because currently the renter market is weak so ppl are more inclined to sell because there's no incentive to rent it out but once the market picks up a little and ppl come back into the city, you'll make a decent amount off renting the place out.

Originally posted by streetraver

Basically. Still, now's the time to invest in some secure markets like real estate

lol... buying real estate now is the equivalent of buying yahoo @ $250... dont do it... i dont know how knowledgeable you are about the markets or how savvy you are about investing however, theres the natural law of economics and progression of money through out our economy... typically (keep in ind im saying typically, who knows now with the way the markets have been there really havent been any rules/theorys that held true) what happends in the U.S. equity markets tends to follow in suit 1-2 yrs later in the real estate market... so with this over abundance of purchasing and irrational exuberance for real estate currently i would say this is the time to sit back and let the suckers gorge themselves on overvalued property... its the dow theory in full effect... along with baruchs... but hey its your money do what you will...

Originally posted by dgmodel

lol... buying real estate now is the equivalent of buying yahoo @ $250... dont do it... i dont know how knowledgeable you are about the markets or how savvy you are about investing however, theres the natural law of economics and progression of money through out our economy... typically (keep in ind im saying typically, who knows now with the way the markets have been there really havent been any rules/theorys that held true) what happends in the U.S. equity markets tends to follow in suit 1-2 yrs later in the real estate market... so with this over abundance of purchasing and irrational exuberance for real estate currently i would say this is the time to sit back and let the suckers gorge themselves on overvalued property... its the dow theory in full effect... along with baruchs... but hey its your money do what you will...

exactly