Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you do to relieve stress?

Destiny's post about patience got me thinking...

I think in our day and age, we're so pressured by society to conform and assimilate, that we hardly take time outs in order to "not go CrAzY"

Here are a few things ive learned to relieve stress that work (add your own :tongue:

--turn off the t.v. and computer, and put on some relaxing music, light some insense and candles, and relax in the darkness

--go for a walk anywhere, preferably a park

--Yoga

--simply write down things you want or plan to do in the near future, and set some goals. This will keep your mind off the immediate deadlines.

Nothiing in life has to be taken care of rigth away, so remember...time is on your side, and take a break ;)

Im still keeping up the yoga everyday, and i find myself going for walks more recently. I guess its because of all the major stress recently. Also for some strange reason, I relieve stress by giving massages, i gave my friend one yesterday, and i felt less stressed after. lol maybe im just weird:tongue:

My patience level is definately better today though

Originally posted by destiny779

Im still keeping up the yoga everyday, and i find myself going for walks more recently. I guess its because of all the major stress recently. Also for some strange reason, I relieve stress by giving massages, i gave my friend one yesterday, and i felt less stressed after. lol maybe im just weird:tongue:

My patience level is definately better today though

So when are we meeting up again?/? My back has been waiting to meet you :tongue:;)

i go to the gym.. dance around and be crazy.. then i come home and smoke a bowl.. and then there goes my stress out the window!

destiny.. where do you take yoga.. is it in town.. they have it at my gym but it is at 8 and night

Originally posted by dani672

destiny.. where do you take yoga.. is it in town.. they have it at my gym but it is at 8 and night

I do it myself, I used to take it at a gym and i studied up on it so I would know what im doing without having to go to a gym at a certain time and do it at my own pace, and depending on how my body feels that day, do what positions I can do.

I do it myself, I used to take it at a gym and i studied up on it so I would know what im doing without having to go to a gym at a certain time and do it at my own pace, and depending on how my body feels that day, do what positions I can do.

did you take a bunch of classes to learn? or just read or what? i really want/need to get into yoga...:)

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

did you take a bunch of classes to learn? or just read or what? i really want/need to get into yoga...:)

I took classes at the gym and I read up on it. Its a great thing I do it almost every night. :tongue:

I took classes at the gym and I read up on it. Its a great thing I do it almost every night. :tongue:

yeah, she's right :D

I took classes at school, and they asked us to buy " Yoga for Dummies". Yes, they have a dummies book for Yoga :tongue:

But it explains it very easily with pictures and tidbits of interesting info, talks about all the chakra points and universal life force that we attempt to breathe in while doing yoga.

;)

Originally posted by gmccookny

I took classes at school, and they asked us to buy " Yoga for Dummies". Yes, they have a dummies book for Yoga :tongue:

But it explains it very easily with pictures and tidbits of interesting info, talks about all the chakra points and universal life force that we attempt to breathe in while doing yoga.

;)

:aright: Yoga is an amazing thing:tongue:

;)

thanks, guys :) i am going to pick up the book tonight--imagine the face on the clerk when i ask about it ;) lol...but, if i can cut out some stress, it will be seriously worth it!!!!!!! :D

For relaxation/stress relief I do one or more of the following...

* take a bubble bath with jasmine sprinkled in the water (it's a ntural stress reliever)-turn off the lights and light some candles...AAAHHHHH!

* clean EVERYTHING I can get my hands on

* make collages or any other creative type project

* crack open an ethnic cookbook and try my hand at something new

Originally posted by sprincess218

For relaxation/stress relief I do one or more of the following...

* take a bubble bath with jasmine sprinkled in the water (it's a ntural stress reliever)-turn off the lights and light some candles...AAAHHHHH!

Hey, that's funny :)

I like to the same thing, and i KNOW how to set those up ;)

Why not let papa set you up with one next time. 2 heads are better than one :grin:

PS... i'll bring the bubbles, you bring the sassiness!

Hey, that's funny :)

I like to the same thing, and i KNOW how to set those up ;)

Why not let papa set you up with one next time. 2 heads are better than one :grin:

PS... i'll bring the bubbles, you bring the sassiness!

I got sass for days, baby! :bj: Bring it on! ;)

* clean EVERYTHING I can get my hands on

* crack open an ethnic cookbook and try my hand at something new

LMAO good thing I'm not the only one who goes on cleaning/cookin binges.

I got so mad at someone the other day I cooked chicken and then I cleaned my room and my bathroom top to bottom. Took me 3 hours to do it all

:tongue:

LMAO good thing I'm not the only one who goes on cleaning/cookin binges.

I got so mad at someone the other day I cooked chicken and then I cleaned my room and my bathroom top to bottom. Took me 3 hours to do it all

:tongue:

My kinda girl!!! :D I bet you felt so good when you were finished! I like to clean my apartment room by room and then go outside and come back in to catch that newly cleaned smell...ahhh!

Hey sweetie pie! I haven't been on here in ages! I miss you! :D

The feeling is DEFINITELY mutual ;)

But being the Mayor of CP is a demanding job you see...lots of people to please...lots of people to meet...lots of people to greet..lots of people to not forget about.

Originally posted by quoth

The feeling is DEFINITELY mutual ;)

But being the Mayor of CP is a demanding job you see...lots of people to please...lots of people to meet...lots of people to greet..lots of people to not forget about.

you so cute, baby! I like strong, powerful men! ;)