Clubplanet Nightlife Community

friday night riverstreet down playing of past fridays

first, im glad friday night was a success. its nice to see a good hoboken club do well. i hope your future fridays go as well. i have a problem with some of the things you said - vip-tech. its one thing to let people know how great the night was, its another to down play the past friday nights. before i begin here's a quick background so you dont think im talking out of my ass: ive been involved with riverstreet for about 4 years now, as a club go-er mainly, and as a fill-in employee. i know all the past managers, such as: jaime, chris, rocco, sammy, and ive met kosta a couple of times. i was there when mike macaluso was the dj- for only one night. i was there for richie rydell- fridays by the way. sean danny, george anthony, morgan e, steve russo's month, and a couple other stragglers. thats enough background to obtain merit and credibility on what im about to say. THIS IS NOT A BASHING, ITS THE TRUTH.

the manager said they've never had a friday go so well in its entire existence- bull shit! richie rydell put numbers through the roof! and even more importantly, stayed consistent. as for the manager saying what he said, he may have said it- but he's only been there for a very short time. so he knows only the last 5 months or so. richie was riverstreets most successful dj ever! packed the place every single friday for about 2 years or so.

the manager said the upstairs has never been open on a friday before- bullshit again. up to sammy's reighn as manager it was always open on friday.

bouncers-and-bartenders have never seen anything like that before in riverstreet. well, two things here- one- bullshit. river street fridays starting going down hill after rydell left. but it was never horrible untill the last couple of months of rocco's employment, which was'nt that long ago. two- most of the bouncer's and all the bartenders are NEW! they started clearing out riverstreet's employee list about 4 or 5 months ago and continued to do so up until about 2 months ago. why dont these people ask sergio, the head of security, or even danny at the register- they are much more accurate than the stuff your saying.

as for not being able to see the dancefloor from the booth, guess what? you can. just look over the railing, and there it is.

this post is meant to inform club planet. not to bash this party. im a fair person, and i believe posts should also be fair. im sure it was a great night, but it was'nt the best ever. we will see where the consistency is, because thats what makes a club great. i hope the party does very well, i really do. i like riverstreet, its a good place to party. im sure ill get a bunch of pm's on this, and ill answer all of them. again, im not bashing your night, just stating the facts, you may or may not have known.

Not to start shit but This is 100% true. I'd like to also add, when axel starting promoting RS and I had just started managing it was on its way up. We had a good thing going. But SALGO is 100% right in his above comments. BTW Sammy sucks cock for money. (tell him I said that)...(then ask him if the rash went away)

Kosta P.

last friday started the begining of the end for riverstreet, there is a reason why it has NEVER worked......no parking unless you wana pay out your ass, drinks sucks, place is garbage,never going back

i say 3 more weeks and then flatline

beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...........................:laugh:

Originally posted by salgo

someone should really try to back up why vip-tech said the things he said. personally, i think they should be glad it went as well as it did. good luck this friday.

I SAID WHAT I SAID BECAUSE THATS WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME BY ALL THE BARTENDERS, ALL THE BOUNCERS I SPOKE TO, AND SAMMY THE MNGR. SORRY IF I DON'T KNOW THE "E TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY :BEHIND RIVERSTREET"

WE ARE GLAD THAT OUR PARTY IS GOING AS WELL AS IT IS, AND

BY NO MEANS DID I MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY, PAST OR PRESENT, IM JUST GOING BY WHAT I WAS TOLD

Originally posted by vip-tech

I SAID WHAT I SAID BECAUSE THATS WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME BY ALL THE BARTENDERS, ALL THE BOUNCERS I SPOKE TO, AND SAMMY THE MNGR. SORRY IF I DON'T KNOW THE "E TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY :BEHIND RIVERSTREET"

WE ARE GLAD THAT OUR PARTY IS GOING AS WELL AS IT IS, AND

BY NO MEANS DID I MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY, PAST OR PRESENT, IM JUST GOING BY WHAT I WAS TOLD

Tech, I agree with you 100%. To those on this thread...sorry it was not made apparent how the past fridays at riverstreet have been. Next time around I'll be sure to purchase the Official Club almanac to view capacity records. Oh, and truthbtold...nice that your first post was on this thread....too ironic, don't you think with a screen name like that. And salgo, by any chance would you be related to Laurie bc you seem to be a drama starter yourself, or you seem to be a little envious...either way, what was the point behind this thread.

Originally posted by truthbtold

last friday started the begining of the end for riverstreet, there is a reason why it has NEVER worked......no parking unless you wana pay out your ass, drinks sucks, place is garbage,never going back

i say 3 more weeks and then flatline

beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...........................:laugh:

LEAVE IT UP TO A FAGGOT ASS WANNABE PROMOTER WANNA START DRAMA JERKOFF TO START TROUBLE.....BUT........

A-- WE ARE RIGHT NEXT TO 2 OF THE BIGGEST PARKING GARAGES

IN HOBOKEN. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD 20 BUCKS, WE DON'T WANT YOU AT OUR CLUB ANYWAY.

B-- DRINKS SUCK??? NOT FROM ANY OF MY BARTENDERS!!!

C-- PLACE IS GARBAGE, NEVER GOING BACK????

I'M SURE I'M GONNA LOOSE SLEEP OVER THAT ONE!

TELL YOU WHAT, I STRAIGHTENED OUT THE RIPPERS RATING SYSTEM, SO I'LL STRAIGHTEN OUT YOURS AS WELL.

COME TO OUR PLAYBOY PARTY THIS FRI AND TELL ME

(and everyone else on CP)what you think.

I UNDERSTAND WE WERE SLOWER THAN OUR GRAND OPENING

AND THATS FINE. SOME NIGHTS ARE GONNA BE SLOWER THAN OTHERS.

THIS WEEK, WE ARE PUTTING A CONCERTED EFFORT INTO THIS PARTY. SO COME DOWN, CHECK IT OUT, AND POST YOUR DOUCHIE REVIEW ON MONDAY

I'M SURE EVERYONE IS WAITING ON THE EDGE OF THERE SEAT

I'LL EVEN GO SO FAR AS TO COMP YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS

PM ME WITH FIRST NAME/LAST INT

BIGPIMPIN11 - wake up and read the entire post. dont even start comparing me to laurie....i am not laurie, related to, or whine like her. second of all, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! im not some bitchie little club goer who runs around starting bullshit. im stating fact about vip-techs comments. he posted thats what he was told. im clearing it up. all of his sources are newer than 4 months, so they dont know shit. i think the only decent decision made by sammy was getting this party started. i think its decent, not awesome. i know whats going to happen next in riverstreet before sammy does. i know the owner (mike) to the tiny little bar back that likes to sneak down in the cellar and smoke his shit. down post your pathetic response to me correcting your bullshit. if you didnt know, which i stated you may not have, now you do. and so does everyone else who looked at this. sorry that last friday didnt go so well. what are you gonna do, post that everyone who didnt go doesn't know what a good club is? are you gonna rip people for leaving early. lets think here, you replying the way you did seems shady. no where in my post did i say ANYTHING that was not true. bartenders and sammy as your credible sources? c'mon now, you know better than that. your only gonna give people a bad impression by dragging this one out. so be smart, and dont rip on other fridays - especially with bullshit. have a nice day

bigpimpn11 - by the way...are you implying that truthbtold is me? i hope not. i put myself out there by posting the original thread. plus, im not here to rip the club at all. i like riverstreet, i think it has a lot to offer everyone if the night is put together right. you know, a good dj for the friday crowd, the right management, employees, and honest promoting. if you get the recipe right, the cake will bake right. its that simple.

by the way, your comment with the "official club almanac" was pretty weak. you should realize, if you have any intelligence what-so-ever, that you could be the subject of the downplaying very easily. how would that make you feel if someone was saying that your night was garbage, and my night is ten times better. when in reality, your night was good, but you left for a bigger and better club. its not right to downplay a past night that in fact was better than yours. just for the record, nothing vip-tech said about past fridays affects me. im not envious or jealous of anything. it simply doesnt affect me. but you realize that your talking shit about a lot of people that in fact produced double what you did, easily. just promote your night, without saying something about someone else's. cause it might bite you in the ass. so stay mainstream, promote, and have a good time.

im stating fact about vip-techs comments. he posted thats what he was told. im clearing it up. all of his sources are newer than 4 months, so they dont know shit. i think the only decent decision made by sammy was getting this party started. sorry that last friday didnt go so well.--------------------------------- >>>>bartenders and sammy as your credible sources?<<<<

I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHO SHOULD WE BE ASKING, THE BARTENDER NEXT DOOR??? SAMMY HAS BEEN THERE A LONG TIME, AND THE BARTENDERS I SPOKE TO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE AS WELL. SORRY I DIDN'T CHECK THERE DATE OF HIRE

AGAIN, I WILL REFER TO THE CLUBBERS ALMINAC NEXT TIME.

SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENIENCE (if thats spelled right)

I have never even been to river street before the past two weeks.

I have no clue what it was like in the past. I had a really great time I was not "hooked up" with drinks or admission or anything like that. I used to fucking hate vip on the board.

The place has a awesome good looking nice crowd. The music is good and I was really surprised how fucking great the sound system is. I read everything that slago posted and I am defiantly not saying your not telling the truth I am just stating the fact that the place was defiantly shit before vip came in. I am starting a new web site (lol but who isn't) that will be reviewing nightclubs djs and music which is why I was gathering information from the bartenders that work there, and ill reiterate that they all told me for MONTHS it has been shit and the crowd has not only been very small but also very local and dirty.

Last Friday was still good and that was the week after the opening night, I have found if an opening night is good the first week after is usually shit because most people that went the first week don't come back they try something else. There was some of the same faces there but allot of new. The place kicked

the end.

vip-tech- the last post was better than the first. the only employees that really know, are danny at the register, sergio, mike the owner- if you can actually cetch him there, and phil at the door. all the bartenders are new. sammy has only been there a little while, but funny enough, he's one of the oldest employees due to mike's rampage. anyway, like ive stated numerous times already, good luck with fridays.

by the way, i wrote the clubbers almanac....ask ill give you a complimentary issue.

vip-tech- the last post was better than the first. the only employees that really know, are danny at the register, sergio, mike the owner- if you can actually cetch him there, and phil at the door. all the bartenders are new. sammy has only been there a little while, but funny enough, he's one of the oldest employees due to mike's rampage. anyway, like ive stated numerous times already, good luck with fridays.

by the way, i wrote the clubbers almanac....ask ill give you a complimentary issue.

thanx dude.....see you sat...bring me an issue

OK...I NEVER START DRAMA BUT LET EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO YOU TRUTHBTOLD~ I HAVE NEVER BEEN A FAN OF HOBOKEN,ACTUALLY I FUCKIN HATED IT WITH A PASSION. WHEN THIS RIVERSTREET THING STARTED I TOLD MYSELF TO GIVE IT A GO AND I DID...WELL, HAS MY OPINION CHANGED BEYOND BELIEF. THE FIRST NIGHT RIVERSTREET MAXED OUT CAPACITY!!! THE SENCOND NIGHT HAD GREEAAATTTT NUMBERS AS WELL AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER...THE PROMOTIONAL TEAM DID A GREAT JOB...THE DJ PLAYED SICK SET AFTER SICK SET CONSISTENTLY, THEY CLEANED UP THAT NASTY CROWD THAT USED TO BE THERE AND FOR THE PAST TWO WEEK ITS HAS BEEN FILLED WITH GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE WHO KNOW MUSIC AND AWESOME DRINK SPECIALS AND EVENTS LIKE MTV.INSTEAD OF TALKING GARBAGE WHY DONT YOU COME DOWN AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, OR PM VIP TECH FOR LIST INFORMATION?? YOU SHOULDNT PUT DOWN WHAT YOU HAVENT EXPERIENCED YET...RIVERSTREET HAS GOTTEN UNBELIEVABLE REVIEWS AND HAS BEEN PICKING UP A GREAT AMOUNT OF SPEED TO SUCCESS SO DONT HATE...ITS THE MOST UNATTRACTIVE QUALITY... ANYONE WITH CLASS CAN TELL YOU THAT....

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

OK...I NEVER START DRAMA BUT LET EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO YOU TRUTHBTOLD~ I HAVE NEVER BEEN A FAN OF HOBOKEN,ACTUALLY I FUCKIN HATED IT WITH A PASSION. WHEN THIS RIVERSTREET THING STARTED I TOLD MYSELF TO GIVE IT A GO AND I DID...WELL, HAS MY OPINION CHANGED BEYOND BELIEF. THE FIRST NIGHT RIVERSTREET MAXED OUT CAPACITY!!! THE SENCOND NIGHT HAD GREEAAATTTT NUMBERS AS WELL AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER...THE PROMOTIONAL TEAM DID A GREAT JOB...THE DJ PLAYED SICK SET AFTER SICK SET CONSISTENTLY, THEY CLEANED UP THAT NASTY CROWD THAT USED TO BE THERE AND FOR THE PAST TWO WEEK ITS HAS BEEN FILLED WITH GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE WHO KNOW MUSIC AND AWESOME DRINK SPECIALS AND EVENTS LIKE MTV.INSTEAD OF TALKING GARBAGE WHY DONT YOU COME DOWN AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, OR PM VIP TECH FOR LIST INFORMATION?? YOU SHOULDNT PUT DOWN WHAT YOU HAVENT EXPERIENCED YET...RIVERSTREET HAS GOTTEN UNBELIEVABLE REVIEWS AND HAS BEEN PICKING UP A GREAT AMOUNT OF SPEED TO SUCCESS SO DONT HATE...ITS THE MOST UNATTRACTIVE QUALITY... ANYONE WITH CLASS CAN TELL YOU THAT....

""The most important lesson I have about life I can sum up in 4 words Don't mess with DKNYbabe..."~"

wow..i dont think i would say anything about Riverstreet but i think i have to..

When i started to promote there earlier this year, i had really good nights..i mean upstairs was open, and it was jammed pack.

and like i said before after a month or so it started to die out..

( at least i am honest).

i dont know who told the new promoters that they never saw anything like that but its fuckin bull shit.