Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SECONDSEED @ The Double Door

secondseed

SECONDSEED will be performing at the Double Door on Saturday August 31st with AMERICAN MOTHERLOAD and SYNGE. Doors open at 9pm, show starts at 10pm. Tickets are $7.00 and are available through all Ticketmaster locations, or you can charge by phone at (312) 559-1212 or buy your tickets at the DD box office. The Double Door is located at 1572 N. Milwaukee Ave. Chicago. For more info, visit www.doubledoor.com or email secondseed00@aol.com or call (773) 489-3160. Hope to see ya there!

Originally posted by secondseed

SECONDSEED will be performing at the Double Door on Saturday August 31st.... The Double Door is located at 1572 N. Milwaukee Ave. Chicago.

By my calculations, that's about 985 miles or so from here, but clearly well worth it. I'll drive if anyone wants to "come with" (see, I can already talk like I'm from the Midwest, I'll sure fit in swell over there).

And thanks for the 35 days notice. Those who know me well know I typically plan out my weekends months in advance.

See you then,

Cheers!

So, what's your favorite Second Seed tune? It's soooooo hard to pick, but if I had to, I'd probably say it's a tie between "Puppies Have Feelings Too", and "Flame Retardant Pajamas". Both rock, while at the same time conveying messages many of us often think, but too few ever say.

Say, anyone know if they're doing that Vancouver gig in February? I'd really like to lock down my plans for that one soon, you know?

Hey guys, hey I accomplished what I was trying to do, get responses from people, and sure as shit, I got you assholes posting immature, sorry ass messages. I guess you have no idea what promotion is all about. And nyis4meatheads, how do you know I am a guy? I'm not, I work for a national promotions company and this particular client of mine (Secondseed) will be in Boston within the year on tour. Hey, at least you guys will know who they are when they arrive (any promotion is good promotion). Keep scratchin those records, cause you certainly don't have any balls to scratch, unless they were in your mouth. Ciao!

P.S. I heard everyone from Boston was arrogant fucks, I guess I heard right!

Originally posted by groovefire

So, what's your favorite Second Seed tune? It's soooooo hard to pick, but if I had to, I'd probably say it's a tie between "Puppies Have Feelings Too", and "Flame Retardant Pajamas". Both rock, while at the same time conveying messages many of us often think, but too few ever say.

Say, anyone know if they're doing that Vancouver gig in February? I'd really like to lock down my plans for that one soon, you know?

:laugh:

Hey guys, hey I accomplished what I was trying to do, get responses from people, and sure as shit, I got you assholes posting immature, sorry ass messages. I guess you have no idea what promotion is all about. And nyis4meatheads, how do you know I am a guy? I'm not, I work for a national promotions company and this particular client of mine (Secondseed) will be in Boston within the year on tour. Hey, at least you guys will know who they are when they arrive (any promotion is good promotion). Keep scratchin those records, cause you certainly don't have any balls to scratch, unless they were in your mouth. Ciao!

Hey I scratch my balls all the time! And if you are lucky I may just rest them on your chin ;):bj:

Thanks teamBJ5, Chicago loves you too! That pure Bostonian arrogance.......Gotta Love it! Fuckin gweedo. Have a great day!

Its Guido, not gweedo, but GUIDO;) ;) Just wanted to help ya out there:aright:

Secondseed, I was just having some fun, no real disrespect intended to you or the band. I totally agree with your promotional campaign. Posting in Boston for gigs in Chicago can be very effective, and can help to create a buzz. In fact I am so inspired by your strategy I have begun posting my Boston gigs on Clubplanet.com's Baghdad message board. Admittedly it would be quite a commute for those folks, but then again, it is a city of like 4 and a half million people, many, many of which are surely surfing the web regularly. So I figure if I get my name out there, stir it up a bit and whatnot, by the time I slate all my Iraq dates, it'll just be sell out after sell out, not to mention all the hotties I'm gonna score out there.

Thanks teamBJ5, Chicago loves you too! That pure Bostonian arrogance.......Gotta Love it! Fuckin gweedo. Have a great day!

teamj5... "gweedo".... now that's funny!

We're just messing with you up there... don't take it personally. Oh, wait, too late.

I've heard people in Chicago don't have a sense of humor :rolleyes:

Oh, and way to resort to gay jokes. How very 2nd grade of you.

Secondseed, I was just having some fun, no real disrespect intended to you or the band. I totally agree with your promotional campaign. Posting in Boston for gigs in Chicago can be very effective, and can help to create a buzz. In fact I am so inspired by your strategy I have begun posting my Boston gigs on Clubplanet.com's Baghdad message board. Admittedly it would be quite a commute for those folks, but then again, it is a city of like 4 and a half million people, many, many of which are surely surfing the web regularly. So I figure if I get my name out there, stir it up a bit and whatnot, by the time I slate all my Iraq dates, it'll just be sell out after sell out, not to mention all the hotties I'm gonna score out there.

I better be on the guestlist for this tour!!!

Originally posted by kaydup

I better be on the guestlist for this tour!!!

No problem, just email Mohammed@groovefire.com. He's our promoter over there. He'll take care of you.

Man, I can hardly wait to get back there. Last time, the crowd was so great, such a party. We took a million pictures from the DJ booth. Here, check this one out. This was when I dropped Robbie Rivera's remix of the "Sound of Goodbye", and the whole place was singing along. What a feeling.

capt.1027974089.iraq_us_protests_bag106.jpg

See what I mean...PARTY!

No problem, just email Mohammed@groovefire.com. He's our promoter over there. He'll take care of you.

Man, I can hardly wait to get back there. Last time, the crowd was so great, such a party. We took a million pictures from the DJ booth. Here, check this one out. This was when I dropped Robbie Rivera's remix of the "Sound of Goodbye", and the whole place was singing along. What a feeling.

capt.1027974089.iraq_us_protests_bag106.jpg

See what I mean...PARTY!

:laugh: :laugh: man I hope the AC works this time, last time it was hot as a mofo over there

See what I mean...PARTY!

:laugh: That's great!

"I'm sick of your Bombay attitude"

Alright, you guys in Boston are way too smart for me, you have discovered that I am in fact Homosexual and that the promotional techniques I use may not be very effective. But fuck, look at all the crap I started, and its some funny shit. And yeah, I thought about the Baghdad thing, what an great fucking idea, those poor people have probably never heard music before, they are used to hearing machine guns, repetitious thumping bass sounds, and people screaming, oh wait, oddly enough, that kinda sounds like that techno, rave bullshit that all the DJ's in Boston are playing these days, never mind!

Anyways, fellas, its been a slice......I had a great time and I did honestly laugh out loud at some of your witty messages. I give up with the responses, I need to do more productive things with my time than post messages on clubplanet. Have fun! :tongue: