Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Off-Topic: Stephen King

Anyone ever read some of his books? I'm on Dark Tower 2 right now. That series is really cool... less horror and more like a fantasy/adventure series, it's good

------------------

"just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone."

"come down on the street and dance with me."

capthelmet@aol.com

I don't really care too much for his writing. My favorite book of his is "The Danse Macabre" which is more of an ode to the horror genre.

I am not into horror books, but if it has to be horror, then Dean Koontz is far better. I also like the old horror novellas/short stories of Daphne DuMaurier. Many of her stories have inspired some of the greatest directors, among them, Alfred Hitchcock. I enjoyed "Rebecca" the most; out of all of her novels, that was the best.

And nothing can beat a good Poe story once in a while. I was flipping through a shit load of books that I have all over my apartment, and I came across a collection of his works. I started reading "Ms. Found in a Bottle" which was a very good short story.

I remember reading somewhere in an Anthology of British Victorian literature about The Dark Tower Series. King based that series on a poem he read as a child. The poet's name is on the tip of my tongue, but the poem was where King got his mysterious gunslinger character from. I think he even mentions the poet and the poem in the proem to the darktower series.

------------------

"The desire of a kingdom knows no kindred" (Sir Thomas More "The History of King Richard III" 64).

[This message has been edited by rudeboyyouth (edited 07-02-2001).]

Archived