Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Monday nights - the 29th

Baktun

Baktun, recently awarded a cabaret license after a rather tedious and expensive struggle with the city, is one of a number of tiny clubs cropping up around New York.

The dancefloor area is small, with a DJ booth raised up on a platform. The venue has a decent sound system and not much in the lights department. The lounge area in the back is comfortable, open, and has plenty of seating. The bar is well-stocked and the staff is friendly.

All in all, a nice little club, with an intimate, cozy feel.

NOW the new Monday home of NY's best techno party -- Tronic Treatment.

212 206 1590

418 W 14th St @ 9th Ave / washington St

A,C,E, L at 14th St

http://www.baktun.com/

This Monday

Michel De Hey - EC - Holland

John Selway - Tronic - NYC

Luna - NYEX - NYC

thanks for the feedback. i am really looking for any type of place... anything social, with any atmosphere will do. however, one of the people with me is under 21, would this be a problem at baktun? either way, thanks for the reply, i appreciate any info you can get me...

thanks for the info - but again, is ther egoing to be a problem at either china club or baktun w/o an ID... ? i dont want to be stuck with one of my friends being left out, so id appreciate if anyone could let me know about this.... thanks