Clubplanet Nightlife Community

if you cant pronounce or spell...

Originally posted by somebitch

why not?? if you like an item and it is good quality you should buy it no matter what the label says. :rolleyes:

i agree with her, but I also U should atleast know how to pronounce it or u will look like an ass if u are talking to someone and u pronounce it wrong and they catch u on it, though if u are good u can play it off. :)

I agree with somebitch on this one. I see some shirts with Japanese writing. Shit I dunno how to read that. But the shirts looked good. And I'll like to see how many people know the correct way of saying "Mavi" that wear the jeans??? It doesn't mean they shouldn't be wearing it.

Geez are you kidding me....... If you can't pronouce it don't wear it. How many times does that happen? Let the person look dumb then. Who cares, ya'll have way to much time to be worring about wheather someone looks dumb cuz THEY can not pronouce something they wear................. :rolleyes:

if you dont know how to pronounce it or spell it, then you dont need... 'if somebody was like "i just bought this new cologne called mr.miyagee..." id laugh to myself, because they're poseurs, they obviously dont even know what theyre buying and only trend running or etc... or if someone stopped you in the mall and asked hey where can find "alimony exchange" you wouldnt find that odd? or wouldnt think to yourself about them? c'mon please.

what about the dyslesix (sp?) people who want to wear indian or japanesse labels? No seriously though...at one point or another we all looked to someone to pronounce it first, so we didn't seem so "un-hip" or "chic-less" as it may be. I wear a label because the designer understands the expressions I want to express (you can gag now, but it's true)---so linguistics and language pronunciation...not to mention spelling (im horrible) is secondary...possibly third. Tell the person, nicely how to say it...you'll probably feel alot better than rolling your eyes like a cynical new yorker...because only lame transplants from ohio do that anymore.

typically thats what one would do in that situation... however im reffering to the ppl who dont bother to learn or are like i said before trend running... plucking out names they hear in songs or movies etc. and dont really know much about the brand or the line or designer etc. maybe im alone on this one but its how i feel and its my opinion and im entitled to that much...

Originally posted by dgmodel

if you dont know how to pronounce it or spell it, then you dont need... 'if somebody was like "i just bought this new cologne called mr.miyagee..." id laugh to myself, because they're poseurs, they obviously dont even know what theyre buying and only trend running or etc... or if someone stopped you in the mall and asked hey where can find "alimony exchange" you wouldnt find that odd? or wouldnt think to yourself about them? c'mon please.

Most everything is a trend out there though. I rarely see people with there "own" style..........

If you like it wear......... You should all this effort into something else............... Who cares if you rdon't know the "LINE" or "Desinger" I mean I don't tell my friends no don't get that shirt, you don't knwo his line your trend running. PLAEEEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally posted by honeye16

well. I see what you (dg) mean now....there are those people that drop names because they were glued infront of mtv/vh1/full frontal/etc. for hours and just to be cool. Point taken.

Why even pay attention to these people, why listen, turn away, why ask, don't............

Originally posted by perns2002

Most everything is a trend out there though. I rarely see people with there "own" style..........

If you like it wear......... You should all this effort into something else............... Who cares if you rdon't know the "LINE" or "Desinger" I mean I don't tell my friends no don't get that shirt, you don't knwo his line your trend running. PLAEEEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

obviously you dont understand what im saying... sooo lets just agree that we disagree...

Originally posted by honeye16

well. I see what you (dg) mean now....there are those people that drop names because they were glued infront of mtv/vh1/full frontal/etc. for hours and just to be cool. Point taken.

exactly~! lol the biggest offenders are the ppl actually in the videos and singing the songs... if i hear one more rapstar brag about something they dont even know what it is... im going to vomit...

Originally posted by dgmodel

obviously you dont understand what im saying... sooo lets just agree that we disagree...

No I got ya, Honey-whatever put it into perspective..........

I was misreading you totally......... Got it loud a clear over here and I agree, there just losers but I wouldnt even bother with anything that came out of there mouths...........

It doesnt hit close to home and I am not really worked up I just hate stupid people........ no use for them really, and why people care what they think or even of there existence at all.

:blown::blown::blown::blown:

• 3 weeks later...

was at Sephora today and a dude wanted to buy Gaultier cologne and mangled the pronounciation so badly the pretty gay guy working there couldn't figure out what he wanted...he ended up having to describe the bottle in order to get what he was looking for

poor sap:blank:

I saw a perfect example of this while I was shopping the other day

A guy and a girl were discussing different designers and fragrances came up. She asks him if he ever heard of Micheal Kors and I kid you not, the guy thought he was a basketball player...

She raves about how great Kors is and spells out his name so that this guy can go get it : "it's micheal coors, c-o-o-r-s"....

if you're gonna be a sheep following what's "in this season", you might as well do your research....

Originally posted by solbeam

A guy and a girl were discussing different designers and fragrances came up. She asks him if he ever heard of Micheal Kors and I kid you not, the guy thought he was a basketball player...

She raves about how great Kors is and spells out his name so that this guy can go get it : "it's micheal coors, c-o-o-r-s"....

:laugh:

that just cracked me up

I 100% disagree. Designers often have foreign names and since I read and speak English it can be alittle tricky to pronounce these names. Maybe I should be shopping at K-mart where I can pronounce Kathy Ireland? Then again if I'm not confident in how I'm saying something I won't say it at all. As far as spelling goes I have never been asked to spell anything I own and since I have no intention on entering a " fashion spelling bee" I should be safe for now. Why is it known as D&G here on CP? Is it because half of us can't spell DOLCE & GABBANA????????