Clubplanet Nightlife Community

if you cant pronounce or spell...

Originally posted by solbeam

I saw a perfect example of this while I was shopping the other day

A guy and a girl were discussing different designers and fragrances came up. She asks him if he ever heard of Micheal Kors and I kid you not, the guy thought he was a basketball player...

She raves about how great Kors is and spells out his name so that this guy can go get it : "it's micheal coors, c-o-o-r-s"....

if you're gonna be a sheep following what's "in this season", you might as well do your research....

OMG LMAO~! WHAT BUNCH OF RETARDS>>>

Originally posted by luvle02

I 100% disagree. Designers often have foreign names and since I read and speak English it can be alittle tricky to pronounce these names. Maybe I should be shopping at K-mart where I can pronounce Kathy Ireland? Then again if I'm not confident in how I'm saying something I won't say it at all. As far as spelling goes I have never been asked to spell anything I own and since I have no intention on entering a " fashion spelling bee" I should be safe for now. Why is it known as D&G here on CP? Is it because half of us can't spell DOLCE & GABBANA????????

lol no its becuase why type out the entire name... why do most ppl refer to this as CP and not clubplanet??? cause we cant spell it? or becuase its a waste if we can just abbreviate it... and moral of the story is not having hard names to pronounce and or spell however at least know what youre buying... dont just buy it cause somebody said so in a song or you overheard it in convo or they were talking about it on sex in the city... in any event... no point in beating a dead horse... by now i think we all get the point...