Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I only wear brand names

siny83

If I am going to buy an expensive shirt it better have the brand name written on it somewhere. If I pay an absurd amount of money for a friggin d&g tshirt i want everybody to know its d&g. Does anybody find anything wrong with this?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel you on that sort of. But it matters what your gonna buy also. Like something like a D&G t-shirt. If it didn't have a logo.. it would be like, you paid 125 dollars for a plain t-shirt. Ofcourse on something like that, I would want a logo. Now if it's something like a dress shirt where some designers embroid there little logo on there on the pocket or something, and I hate that. Overall it all matters on the piece of clothing you buy.

If the shirts are t-shirts then its cool to have the logo on them, as long as its not waaaaaaaaaay to much. Like I love the fcuk shirts that have the cute sayings on them or just say fcuk on them, those are cool :) I also agree with reenichole a true shopper is going to know their shit with or without a logo.. Even though they aren;t high brand.. I used to be able to spot Gap from like a mile away, since I worked there, I would go up to people from school and be like u got that from Gap, for 19.99 huh?! LOL... i guess thats not exactly the same thing, but u get the picture. :)

Originally posted by perns2002

You guys are all LABEL WHORES, I wear whatever label or not. I mean your wearing 1/2 the shit not so you know so other people can see your wearing a D&G shirt......... So vain....................

:aright:

i hate labels. i dont want people to know what i pay for things or that they are a certain brand...

i like things that are nice quality and are practical. i think the nicest items out there made by the best brands dont even have logos on them, the shit with the labels is the lower end of the collection.

Originally posted by siny83

If I am going to buy an expensive shirt it better have the brand name written on it somewhere. If I pay an absurd amount of money for a friggin d&g tshirt i want everybody to know its d&g. Does anybody find anything wrong with this?

your corny and have no style. if you are paying an "absurd" amount for something that says the brand name huge on it then the shirt or pants can't be that nice looking. if you think you got style because you picked up a shirt that has a designer name writen on it your wrong. theory, one of my favorite brands, has thee best fitting clothes i think. they are cut real well and are some what expensive. no where is the name on the shirt but i get compliments on those. think if you went down some where where the people didn't know what D&G meant, then you'd just look like a guy with some words on his tshirt and the guy with the real style would still be considered fashionable. i am not saying i don't own a couple shirts that have d&g written on it but if that's all you look for your waredrobe needs help

Originally posted by somebitch

i think the nicest items out there made by the best brands dont even have logos on them, the shit with the labels is the lower end of the collection.

yes exactly!

i dont mean for this to sound like a personal insult, but if someone feels the need to let everyone know he is wearing "designer" clothes, he probably has no self asteem and feels the need to show off. it is very easy for anyone with style to see when someone is well dressed, regardless if they have logos all over them or not. i have personally recieved the most compliments over clothes that i have had altered myself.

Originally posted by magilicuti

your corny and have no style. if you are paying an "absurd" amount for something that says the brand name huge on it then the shirt or pants can't be that nice looking. if you think you got style because you picked up a shirt that has a designer name writen on it your wrong. theory, one of my favorite brands, has thee best fitting clothes i think. they are cut real well and are some what expensive. no where is the name on the shirt but i get compliments on those. think if you went down some where where the people didn't know what D&G meant, then you'd just look like a guy with some words on his tshirt and the guy with the real style would still be considered fashionable. i am not saying i don't own a couple shirts that have d&g written on it but if that's all you look for your waredrobe needs help

i love theory too.

Originally posted by somebitch

i love theory too.

anyone who likes real clothes usually does. if you go up to someone that is wearing D&G and ask them if they like theory and say "huh?" then they are clueless. theory and d&g aren't that far away from each other on the mens floor usually, unless these guys are getting their dolce from ebay

i dont know if you get a check in the mail from the company or not... however i dont like to advertise what im wearing... i find it to be a lil tacky... reminds me of the early 90's when everything had huge logos tattooed across the front... and more importantly the clothing i purchase i purchase for me and my own personal reasons... i couldnt care less who know what i was wearing, and if they did know or care what i was wearing what does that do for me? will i get into heaven quicker? will i be guaranteed success if my boss knows im rockin' d&g? will i get to find ms.right quicker if she knows i have an LV wallet? its really quite irrelevant what label youre wearing... style isnt about the label but whats around it...

To me it makes no difference...If i like a shirt and it happens to have the logo on it, ill still buy it, if it says nothing, ill buy it. I dont buy a shirt BECAUSE it has a logo on it. And to be honest, i saw a $105 shirt that says, "Im wearing a fake D&G t-shirt" Why in the world would you pay $105 for that monstrosity of a clothing item? Its supposed to be funny? If i want funny ill buy an Eddie Murphy video for $8. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

To me it makes no difference...If i like a shirt and it happens to have the logo on it, ill still buy it, if it says nothing, ill buy it. I dont buy a shirt BECAUSE it has a logo on it. And to be honest, i saw a $105 shirt that says, "Im wearing a fake D&G t-shirt" Why in the world would you pay $105 for that monstrosity of a clothing item? Its supposed to be funny? If i want funny ill buy an Eddie Murphy video for $8. Just my opinion.

no offense but you have AX in your sig and AX has the hugest logos around. Everything they got has an AX on it and most of the time its huge.

Originally posted by bkissa

what about people who buy absolutely hideous clothes/purses/shoes just because they have a stupid logo?

why not what you may like some do i how ever have things with logos and with out logs.

ok my post was meant to get a laugh. im corny?? Who is that a picture of u in ur sig? I really hope thats not u.... but I'M corny though right??

its about the fit, materials, stitching and the overall quality of the product not the name on it that's all he was saying.

ok my post was meant to get a laugh. im corny?? Who is that a picture of u in ur sig? I really hope thats not u.... but I'M corny though right??

Originally posted by reenichole

i dont know much about theory that doesnt mean any d&g i have is from ebay.i also wear seven jeans and frankie b jeans

I wish I could wear seven jeans.. they fit me really weird, and I have tried different styles, but they all just fit really gross.

Originally posted by bkissa

what about people who buy absolutely hideous clothes/purses/shoes just because they have a stupid logo?

AAAAH I HATE THAT.. OMG it reminds me of this Dean we had at school.. she had the UGLIEST versace pants in the worlds.. they were striped with different colors.. They were absolutely hideous, but u know she bought that b/c of the name or whatever.. how tacky

funny how ppl say their statement was a joke after their thread was torn apart. and now i'm being the one picked on when everyone agrees with me.

and that is me in my sig, its been part of my sig ever since i've come here. what's so corny about it?

funny how ppl say their statement was a joke after their thread was torn apart. and now i'm being the one picked on when everyone agrees with me.

and that is me in my sig, its been part of my sig ever since i've come here. what's so corny about it?

im tired of looking at that picture everytime u have something to say. whats the point if it?

im tired of looking at that picture everytime u have something to say. whats the point if it?

sigs are suppose to help you identify the person. when ppl see it they know its me. i came here from elitefitness.com. if it bothers you that much you got some problems because no one else has ever said that since my registration here. and coming from some guy that is a newbie and says he only wears name brand clothes i don't really think you have any say. turn off your sigs in the options if it bothers you that much, or just don't read my posts.

IMO, labels dont mean anything. I buy what I like, what i feel comfortable in and what my style is. I'll admit, I go for guys that dress nice and take care of themselves...but he doesnt have to be wearing labels. I have more clothes then I have room for, so if I bought labels all the time, I'd owe money on my credit card until i was in my mid 70's. I dont really see a point in labels either. But hey, if you could afford it then go for it if it makes you happy, but bkissa's right, if youre going to buy ugly clothes bc of a label, thats ridiculous

ok all done:tongue: