Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Questions about VIP club...

ryno

Hey everybody! Has anybody been to or heard things about The VIP Club? Looking for opinions/info about the music, good nights to go, type of crowd, dress, etc. Thanks to anybody who replies! :)

Thanks for the link crank. Does any of the other CP'ers have an opinion on this place? Anybody else heard anything? I know you guys know clubs, so I'm asking for your expertise instead of someone who posts randomly on the reviews at other sites. ;)

there was an article on the City Paper on Dream last week, I've gone 3 times and hated it each time even more, good thing the people I went with were great company,if not I wouldve hung myslef.

alot of us like Modern, loungie type of place, somewhat of a dresscode on Thursday, but not hardcore, great music, Sunday's id also pretty good.

Were mostly weirdo's here, Buzz, The Edge, Heaven are some of our favorite places.

Besides Modern, I'd also check out Blue Room (upstairs) and Dragonfly. These aren't giant places like vip or Dream, but I think they're classy without the attitude. 18th St. Lounge is also very nice, but lots of attitude.

Blue Room, thats right. Only been there once on a Sunday, I liked the place, but the dj was spinning crap, cant even call it techy house, it was kinda techy, but it wasnt house, he just pulled shit out of his ass.

Oh yeah, Heaven, at least on Saturday's it did. I liked that place, bit cheesy, but cheesy with class and the music just kept me movin'

Originally posted by ryno

Alright! It looks like Adams Morgan for this Sat. Thanks for the replies crank and vic. As always you guys were very helpful.

if you go to Adams Morgan on Sat. you might want to check out Felix, shadygroovedc is spinning there on Saturday and promised he would "tear the roof of of Felix," "tear it (Felix) up," "take the Felix patrons to tribal bliss"....I'll make it a point to go check him out before gheading to the edge. Kuro seemed interested to do the same yesterday.

crackhead3.gif yeah so i smoke crack, whats the biggie egg? when will you grace us with your presence again? crackhead3.gif

Originally posted by vicman

if you go to Adams Morgan on Sat. you might want to check out Felix, shadygroovedc is spinning there on Saturday and promised he would "tear the roof of of Felix," "tear it (Felix) up," "take the Felix patrons to tribal bliss"....I'll make it a point to go check him out before gheading to the edge. Kuro seemed interested to do the same yesterday.

That sounds pretty cool. What is the vibe of Felix? Is there a certain type of dress for the place? BTW, I would never go to a club with jeans and sneaks. Just not my style. Also, when is shady spinning there, and what type of set does he run?

VIP and Dream are basically the same club, with VIP having better decor and in a better part of town. Fridays is international night at VIP. Check it out at least once. Unfortunately, because this club doesnt have a door policy the crowd is some of the same low class DC Live people. I was surprised there was not more of an attractive crowd. And I was referred to twice as "Dawg" during conversations with some of the patrons there. Thats why I head to NYC or South Beach on the weekends.

Originally posted by ryno

BTW, I would never go to a club with jeans and sneaks. Just not my style.

I like BuZz b/c it's kind of an "all of the above" type place. You find everything there from spiked heels and microminis to UFO's and tank tops. It's a pretty good mix, and it seems to work.

It works especially well for me around 2:30 when the bar closes.. . .right dragongrrl, tinybutterfli? ;)

'stina :D

its also a known fact that teh best clubs in the world dont really have a dress code, or they are very lax. and it actually makes sense, if the place is a cub where you go to dance you need to be comfortable, especially for the type of music we listen to.

i wouldnt really like to end up sweaty and stuff wearing some of my good dress shirts and pants, and my feet would just not be able to stand it.

i guess if you like to go to a place and sit down and not dance or minimally dance, then thats OK, but in general most of us here like to "tear it up" when we go out, hence we are extremely picky on places that have strict dress codes. if i was going to a lounge, that would be a different story.

VIP and Dream are basically the same club, with VIP having better decor and in a better part of town. Fridays is international night at VIP. Check it out at least once. Unfortunately, because this club doesnt have a door policy the crowd is some of the same low class DC Live people. I was surprised there was not more of an attractive crowd. And I was referred to twice as "Dawg" during conversations with some of the patrons there. Thats why I head to NYC or South Beach on the weekends.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. A really nice club but it can't fill with enough people so they take in ones that are going for the wrong reasons. I may try it once just not this weekend. Thanks for the info, though.

A friend of mine went to VIP and really liked it - but I've never been. I'm looking to check out Felix or Blue Room when I get back - so keep me posted!

What did they say they liked about VIP? I've been checking and it seems that the nights when they have big names come there, it's good. But all other nights are meh. I will let you know about Felix and Blue Room, though. :)

its also a known fact that teh best clubs in the world dont really have a dress code, or they are very lax. and it actually makes sense, if the place is a cub where you go to dance you need to be comfortable, especially for the type of music we listen to.

i wouldnt really like to end up sweaty and stuff wearing some of my good dress shirts and pants, and my feet would just not be able to stand it.

i guess if you like to go to a place and sit down and not dance or minimally dance, then thats OK, but in general most of us here like to "tear it up" when we go out, hence we are extremely picky on places that have strict dress codes. if i was going to a lounge, that would be a different story.

That's a very good point. I usually go to bars when I dress down. I do dress the part when I go to clubs, but that's just a personal preference. The main thing I go for is the atmosphere and music. I'll get out there and dance and get my clothes sweaty. I figure I have a laundry machine, so what does it hurt? But I don't get as down and dirty as some of you guys get, I bet. I've seen some people dancing that just blow my mind!

Originally posted by vicman

Felix in Adams Morgan.

Sorry. I guess I didn't include it in my original post. Digital City said the funk band was playing at Felix on Sat. so I didn't see how shady could be spinning there if a funk band is booked to play.