Clubplanet Nightlife Community

train wrecks...

I don't think any train derailments have anything to do with terrorists or 9/11. I also think that had 9/11 never happened we wouldn't be so quick to blame terrorists for everything that goes wrong now. Some things just happen...for whatever reason, we can't hide behind terrorism forever.

whos hiding behind terrorism??? its a valid observation... planes trains and automobiles... thats how theyre going to attack us... think about it... how can anyone possible guard the 20000 + miles of rr track running in this nation? and with everyone opting for trains as their transportation of choice why not? or even mass transit in manhattan... during rush hour there arent ppl getting frisked at the turnstyle... some radical suicide bomber could just walk onto a train at rush hour and pop... then next will be IMO car bombs like in the middle east... right in the middle of traffic bam cars will explode... these are all feasible options for them to "terrorize" us or "feud" with us etc... and seeing how resourceful they were in the past, i wouldnt doubt them doing any of these... again its just my opinion... and im not trying to promote fear or hype etc... just how i feel about whats going on and how i see things to come...

I def. agree with Dg in terms of suicide bombers being the form of terrorism in this country....Honestly, we have absolutely no safe gaurds to stop someone from walking into the middle of times square and blowing themselves up.....

It makes sense that it is a possibility, but i doubt it, just for the fact that train accidents happen so often. Even when the 2 planes collided in GErmany, everyone was like "oh, maybe it was a terrorist attack". But it turned out to be something wrong with the engine.

I do think that after 9/11, people are a bit more paranoid and attaching any incident to a "supposed terrorist threat". Im not saying DG is wrong, im just saying we should consider the chance of it being connected to terrorism as much as it being connected to a drunk train driver, as to a faulty piece of rail, as to a heat-related accident (which they believe it is).

of course thats what they "believe" it is... what else could they say??? imagine they came out now and said okay it was a terrorist attack... shit it would cripple tranportation, commuters, traveling, tourism, etc... you know how much money would be lost? how much paranoia would set in? but who knows... not me... maybe im just a kook, or nut... but either way we cant rule out that its a possiblity...

Before Sept 11th when a plane crashed or a train wrecked no one even mentioned the word terrorism...I'm not saying it's not a possibility, I just think it's the first thing that comes up and it envokes more fear when in actuality terrorism had absolutely nothing to do with any of those incidents.

I totally understand what you're saying, DG, I just can't help but think we (Americans) throw the word terrorist around like it's interchangeable with the word accident...I think the media has everything to do with that.

• 2 months later...