Gau-Rapo's upper level has been recently redone, and features:

•a newly installed sound system

•a brand new high powered laser

•comfortable lounge seating

•hookah pipes served with flavored tobacco

Admission to this event is FREE.

21 and over.

10 PM - 2AM

Gua-Rapo is just 5 minutes from DC, just over the Key Bridge.

2039 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington, VA

(Courthouse Metro - next to the Post Office)

For directions...703.528.6500

Upcoming guest DJ's:

8/10 - Keith Gardner (yoshitoshi)

8/17 - Buster & Rex Riddem

8/24 - Neitzche (revaluation)

8/31 - John Johnson

yup yup i went w/ some people. the lounge itself is decorated really well (lots of couches, dark blue-gray interior, red and green muted lighting), but it was really HOT inside!! not terrible but enough to be pretty darn uncomfortable. but the service was great, buster was playing some good tunes, the conga/bongo guy was there too...the place has real potential but it was mostly filled w/ arlington yuppie-types who look but don't dance

Nice avatar!!!

The place itself was pretty interesting.... couches and chairs where grouped throughout the place - the couches only allowed for sinking in and never for getting up - the waitresses remembered the right people's drinks, they finally pulled out the green laser - which was rather humurous. Buster started to get grooving around the time we took off - the only problem was the lack of air in the place - no matter how many times we asked them to turn the air up - they didn't - Roo decided to opent the damn door and prop it to get some flow of air..... I'll definitely be going back though - I beleive crank said it was incredible something like that was in the location it was.... he can explain.... dat work for ya??

i havent been to guarapo in some time. i rarely go out and eat, but i've gone there for the food. i definitly wanna go one of these weekends, anyweekend is totally fine wth me..except the 24th...'cos Kuro is spinning at The Edge in stelars battle of the dj's, or maybe as soon as Kuro knows the set times for that night i can do half guarapo and half the edge.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

the place has real potential but it was mostly filled w/ arlington yuppie-types who look but don't dance

good, maybe we can freak them out or something...they'll be "OMG, what are they doing?"

Originally posted by sauvee88

Nice avatar!!!

. .dat work for ya??

Thanks! Yep that worked fine. As for the heat, I'm sure it'll be better now that it's not 110° out constantly. This week should be *gorgeous*!

Sounds like a cool place, I'd definitely be interested in a field trip into VA on the 24th -- we can take over the place and reclaim it from the yuppies!

'stina :tongue:

Trust me, Gua Rapo was NOT that yuppie-fied. I'll take you to one of the typical yuppie frat bars (Clarendon Ballroom, Clarendon Grill etc...) and watch you get sick in the corner. Gua-Rapo, while having some yuppies-types, I thought was a bit more "international" feeling. I heard a lot of other languages/accents. My waitress was definitely eastern European and terrible. Some of the worst service I've had in a long time. It's the first upscale-esqe lounge-type place in Arlington and it's desparately needed. The A/C needs some work, but the drink prices were good. There was a lot of standing around by the crowd, but it was really hot up there and I don't think the lounge-type atmosphere is conducive to dancing. I'm really happy with the place though. Gives me a nice lounge to hang out at with good music within walking distance to my apt. A real step-up for Arlington.

Don't forget, Buster will be there again on the 17th!

hey-

i'm glad you guys made it down for the opening nite. i was really happy with how things went.

i understand the complaints about the a/c - i talked to the owner about it and it should be fixed in the next week or two.

as for the yuppies...i think y'all might be a bit mistaken. about 16 minutes after you guys left, the dancefloor area in front of the dj booth filled up, and people we grooving until closing time. next time dont run off so quickly!!

anyway-thanks again for a cool nite. this week we have keith gardner from yoshitoshi spinning, so feel free to stop by. (It is FREE after all...)

-s