Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Myrtle Beach!??

Hey everyone...I'm a newbie....what's up?? Anyway...I'm from Philly and I would much rather party in NY....but I have a question for y'all. Has anyone been to Myrtle Beach?? Me and my girls :3some: are headed down there for my friend's 21st B-day from Aug 10th-18th. Does anyone know what's hot down there?? I'm into the clubbing scene. Anything good?? I'd appreciate any opinions or help. Thanks guys!! :D:dj:

yeaaahhh....Philly represent....

I'm from South Jersey originally, just outside of Philly so I call it mine. Anyway, I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but my good friend moved down there not too long ago, and as far as the clubbing scene goes you're shit outta luck. At least as far as any good hard house, prog. house & trance and the like. I'm sure some places will play very commercial stuff....I'm sure there's a decent amount of people, considering it's summer, so you should have fun.

And if you're into extracurricular activities (other than drinking) you would probably do well to bring them yourself...

Hope that helped, have fun!!

Originally posted by sith2076

yeaaahhh....Philly represent....

I'm from South Jersey originally, just outside of Philly so I call it mine. Anyway, I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but my good friend moved down there not too long ago, and as far as the clubbing scene goes you're shit outta luck. At least as far as any good hard house, prog. house & trance and the like. I'm sure some places will play very commercial stuff....I'm sure there's a decent amount of people, considering it's summer, so you should have fun.

And if you're into extracurricular activities (other than drinking) you would probably do well to bring them yourself...

Hope that helped, have fun!!

Ah well...thanks for the info.....that sucks though!! Where do you usually go in Philly?? I've been hanging in NY a lot lately.

When I get down there, me and my friends go out in Old City most of the time...I love hip-hop too, so I've had some good nights at 5-Spot...Envy is OK, we love Soma and Lucy's....recently I've been to McFadden's, and I've been to Finnegan's Wake a million times...I'm not into the band scene as much (Big Orange Cone is the same as Steamroller Picnic to me), but they can be pretty fun somtimes...

...on the clubbier side, I think I've really only been to Transit to see Deep Dish, but I liked it a lot...oh yeah, I've been to Evolution once too.

I live right near Rutgers University, so it's nice, I can split my time between NYC and Philly...although both are going to seem tame the next time I go out, considering I just got back from Ibiza....girl, you need to put that on your calander for next summer....:eek:

nice....the philly connection up in here. I'm from philly and go to school in SC THE MUSIC SCENE HERE BLOWS DONKEY BALLS.

As far as the scene in Myrtle beach...its more of a bar scene down here with crappy or old tunes.

You could try this new club there called Kryptonite, I heard its like $25 to get in but was like fuck that this is myrtle beach no NYC, so i didnt go, they probably play cheese there anyway.

Def. STAY AWAY from the main strip, jackasses drive their wanna-be rice boy rides up and down a mile strip of road. Plus all the hicks hang at the clubs down on the main strip.

Broadway at the beach is the place where all the decent people will be hangin out. There is a decent martini bar upstairs in a place called the 'blarney stone', club boca/malibu/froggy bottomz are total cheese. they still play atb-9pm (till i come) in that damn place. They are three clubs all hooked up together with a different music scene in each one. Froggy bottomz is actually kinda cool cause there is a live band there that will play recent stuff from nelly, and other top 40 stuff. They band is actually pretty decent. But still way off from what I/you are proabably used to.

Like I said more of a meat market bar scene there than anything else.

Rule of thumb: If you want to hear newer club music, find the nearest gay club, lol.

But go down, have a good time and laugh at all the rednecks for me. any Q's hit me up on PM, later.

Originally posted by carsonmartin

nice....the philly connection up in here. I'm from philly and go to school in SC THE MUSIC SCENE HERE BLOWS DONKEY BALLS.

As far as the scene in Myrtle beach...its more of a bar scene down here with crappy or old tunes.

You could try this new club there called Kryptonite, I heard its like $25 to get in but was like fuck that this is myrtle beach no NYC, so i didnt go, they probably play cheese there anyway.

Def. STAY AWAY from the main strip, jackasses drive their wanna-be rice boy rides up and down a mile strip of road. Plus all the hicks hang at the clubs down on the main strip.

Broadway at the beach is the place where all the decent people will be hangin out. There is a decent martini bar upstairs in a place called the 'blarney stone', club boca/malibu/froggy bottomz are total cheese. they still play atb-9pm (till i come) in that damn place. They are three clubs all hooked up together with a different music scene in each one. Froggy bottomz is actually kinda cool cause there is a live band there that will play recent stuff from nelly, and other top 40 stuff. They band is actually pretty decent. But still way off from what I/you are proabably used to.

Like I said more of a meat market bar scene there than anything else.

Rule of thumb: If you want to hear newer club music, find the nearest gay club, lol.

But go down, have a good time and laugh at all the rednecks for me. any Q's hit me up on PM, later.

Hey...thanks for the info...too bad it's mostly negative...oh well...I can have fun just about anywhere. What about Afterdeck?? My friend Mel said a couple of her friends went there and had a blast...ever been there?

When I get down there, me and my friends go out in Old City most of the time...I love hip-hop too, so I've had some good nights at 5-Spot...Envy is OK, we love Soma and Lucy's....recently I've been to McFadden's, and I've been to Finnegan's Wake a million times...I'm not into the band scene as much (Big Orange Cone is the same as Steamroller Picnic to me), but they can be pretty fun somtimes...

...on the clubbier side, I think I've really only been to Transit to see Deep Dish, but I liked it a lot...oh yeah, I've been to Evolution once too.

I live right near Rutgers University, so it's nice, I can split my time between NYC and Philly...although both are going to seem tame the next time I go out, considering I just got back from Ibiza....girl, you need to put that on your calander for next summer....:eek:

That's what's up. I like Old City a lot too. Soma is great...but hot as shit. LOL!! McFadden's is ok for a more laid back scene and I like Finnegan's...but not all the time. I haven't been to Transit in awhile and Evo is cool cause I get comped there...he he!!

Yeah, I'd rather be in NY, but Philly is a lot closer for me and more laid back...less is sometimes more.

I'm supposed to hit up Ibiza around spring break time next year...definitley looking forward to that...:eek:

I would find a back-up place for spring break if I were you...Ibiza goes off during the summer beginning in June and ending in September. There are people there in March & April and some clubs are open, but it's not anywhere near what it is in the summer. I'm assuming you want to experience some of the nuttiness that goes on there, and summer is the time to do it.

Have fun in Myrtle Beach...send us a picture of you and your girls when you get back...:flame:

I would find a back-up place for spring break if I were you...Ibiza goes off during the summer beginning in June and ending in September. There are people there in March & April and some clubs are open, but it's not anywhere near what it is in the summer. I'm assuming you want to experience some of the nuttiness that goes on there, and summer is the time to do it.

Have fun in Myrtle Beach...send us a picture of you and your girls when you get back...:flame:

Oooh...thanks for the info. Yeah, I would much rather go in the height of the season. I'll have to post pone the Ibiza trip until next june/july.

I'll definitely take some pics and post them up when I get back from MB.