Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got kicked out

So me and one of my friends, with the help of a few others started this nice little Tuesday night party at Route 85A. 6 DJs a night of all different, stiles house, techno, trance, breaks, drum & base, something a bit different. In 2 moths we built a regular crowd, people started knowing who we are, decent place, a cheep bar it was lot’s of fun. Things were looking good. Everything should have been fine right? WRONG.

Around 2 weeks ago, right in the middle of the party, the manager comes to me and says “Listen this music is to hard and loud” ( I’m thinking cool thanks but it’s really not that loud)” you need to turn it down”. So out or respect for the manager I turned it down a notch. 15 min later again “ you need to turn it down some more”. Now the sound was down to almost nothing. Last week at around 12 she cut the house system off and we just had the monitors. Everyone was like what the fuck is going on? So yesterday we get a call from the bar owner telling us that the music is not working out and we are no longer wanted. “you’re out”.

Reason being the bar was a rock’n roll bar and they don’t really care much about the music we had. We found the bar on a Tuesday night at around 11:30 and it had only 3 ppl at the bar, one being the manager. The following week we had a meeting with the owner and the place was empty. So because of the managers hate for the music they went from having a steady crowd from 8:30 to about 1:30 a empty bar. What the fuck is that about? No warning, no advance notice, no nothing. Just “you’re out”.

Now Homegrown has no home. Hope fully we find something by tonight. I really don’t want to cancel the lineups for the next two weeks. We have some good DJs and it will be ashamed if they’re not heard.

Damn techno haters.

Don’t worry the party will go on. We’re not sitting on our asses and doing noting about it. We’re looking in to a few places, with much better sound and, will not make us turn it down. Well have more for you in the next 24 hours

bog, you could look at this 2 ways. yeah sure it blows that she cut youoff without notice, but maybe its a blessing in disguise. you guys have a devoted following and that means tons when trying to find a new space. If youre coming down to Noble tonight (which I hope you are), we can talk to the owner and see if he wants a Tuesday night party there. Hes a really chill guy.