Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Mobile DJ Market

djmikedr

I appreciate everyones candor, but I'd to keep this thread separate from my previous one.

Aside from club, I am a mobile DJ of 14 years, I feel I know the entire NY,LI,NJ,CT, market pretty well.

What kind of "market" does Florida/Miami have?

Again, Thanks

(This comes about because I want to move out of NY)

Mobile DJ market is hard down here, everyone and their mother is a fucking mobile DJ. Most are horrid.

You could easily set yourself apart if you have quality equipment (EAW), a decent lighting rig, and several 'packages'...i.e. you're not gonna drag out your lights for a daytime beach party.

Advertising too. Make sure it's well thought out and beyond putting sticky letters on your SUV.

You kidding me? Bar Mitzvah's are a cakewalk. I knew someone who laid out $5 grand for a shitty mobile DJ just based on him having a bunch of Jewish stuff to toss down earlier in the night.

Consider also just renting out your gear as well to other DJs. We have lots of house parties here, with our various talents (Chris, Danny, and so forth) and always need a good system...