Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do any of u guys like PURE Techno?..not tech-house

Now i could be wrong but the jersey board kinda comes off as mainly househeads but rightfully so cause house has basically always been at the forefront of dance music wheather or not you realize it.

but im just curious if there are TRUE technoheads such as myself on the jersey board...and not just people who heard like one "techno" song spun by a house dj...

im talkin real peeps who on a semi regular basis listen to the sounds of dj/producers: Surgeon...Jeff Mills...James Ruskin... Neil Landstrumm...Gene LeFosse...Dan Bell...Shufflemaster...Tobias Schmidt...Underground Resistance...Gaetano Parisio...Umek...The Advent..Oliver Ho...Adam X..Dylan Drazen...Function...Alexi Delano..Francis Harris...Ben Sims...Damon Wild...Steve Bicknell...Regis...Hardfloor...Joey Beltram...Indigio Kennedy..John Selway...Christian Smith..Mistress Barbara......... just to name a few

:hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by quoth

Now i could be wrong but the jersey board kinda comes off as mainly househeads but rightfully so cause house has basically always been at the forefront of dance music wheather or not you realize it.

but im just curious if there are TRUE technoheads such as myself on the jersey board...and not just people who heard like one "techno" song spun by a house dj...

im talkin real peeps who on a semi regular basis listen to the sounds of dj/producers: Surgeon...Jeff Mills...James Ruskin... Neil Landstrumm...Gene LeFosse...Dan Bell...Shufflemaster...Tobias Schmidt...Underground Resistance...Gaetano Parisio...Umek...The Advent..Oliver Ho...Adam X..Dylan Drazen...Function...Alexi Delano..Francis Harris...Ben Sims...Damon Wild...Steve Bicknell...Regis...Hardfloor...Joey Beltram...Indigio Kennedy..John Selway...Christian Smith..Mistress Barbara......... just to name a few

yo i was gonna pm you last week, when i read your review of that brooklyns kids cd. I had no idea you like tech. I myself am trying to get into it, but track ids and sets are hard to come by. Though i got 2 live sets from piccotto in the last month. hes my fav...;)

Guest saleen351

ps jersey ain't ready for techno......... come oct though a lot of people will.....

picotto is the answer

and for BG with your wise ass comment that i know is comming:finger2:

:D

Originally posted by saleen351

I had no idea you like tech.

:laugh: Bro...i been into this shit since im wee bit lad. My cousin is a dj/producer who has established himself EXTREMELY well in europe and had a following here in NY when he had a residency at Limelight during the good days. Basically from hangin with him and some techno industry heads through the years..i learned a LOT!! and learned what kinda sound i REALLY like.

But lemme tell ya the truth...yea piccato is good and all but as much as u hype the shit outta just THAT one particular dj...think of all the otherd and the ones i listed who you still prolly have yet to hear.

I have seen and heard bout 90% of the ones i listed and i never heard Picatto live but i have a few sets by him and though his style is slightly different as with any dj/producer..

i can honestly say that skim through names i threw out and THEN you will see there is even MORE BRIGHT LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.

p.s. If u gonna be around NYC come sept-oct...word on the DL (oops did i let the cat out of the bag hehe) is that..fuckin..

Sven Vath

is coming back to ARC prolly to play some kinda record release party.

Only difference is that NOW HE GETS TO PLAY ON THE PHAZON!

:eek:

but yo...u ever wanna talk some tech....shout me or throw me a PM im more than willing to broaden peoples minds.

Guest saleen351

:laugh: Bro...i been into this shit since im wee bit lad. My cousin is a dj/producer who has established himself EXTREMELY well in europe and had a following here in NY when he had a residency at Limelight during the good days. Basically from hangin with him and some techno industry heads through the years..i learned a LOT!! and learned what kinda sound i REALLY like.

But lemme tell ya the truth...yea piccato is good and all but as much as u hype the shit outta just THAT one particular dj...think of all the otherd and the ones i listed who you still prolly have yet to hear.

I have seen and heard bout 90% of the ones i listed and i never heard Picatto live but i have a few sets by him and though his style is slightly different as with any dj/producer..

i can honestly say that skim through names i threw out and THEN you will see there is even MORE BRIGHT LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.

p.s. If u gonna be around NYC come sept-oct...word on the DL (oops did i let the cat out of the bag hehe) is that..fuckin..

Sven Vath

is coming back to ARC prolly to play some kinda record release party.

Only difference is that NOW HE GETS TO PLAY ON THE PHAZON!

:eek:

but yo...u ever wanna talk some tech....shout me or throw me a PM im more than willing to broaden peoples minds.

picotto is like a religious experience. hes that good, and when he turns arc out other clubs will jump on the picotto bandwagon... He is gonna fuck that phazon up. He will ruin it and beat it to a pulp.... def the best night in nyc in a long time...... makes howells look silly...

i would go hear those djs you mentioned but they never play anywhere around here in miami... if they did i would go.......

i'm all about live sets now. you got any that are banging? and recent. let me know...

*rAises hand*

ill take techno over cheese any day...

but yeah... most people in jersey arent ready for techno...

takes a lil time... i know it did for me...

:: for some yummy techno (w/ techaus and deep house on the side) check out

- AFTERMATH

Tuesday Nights @ Harvest Moon in New Brunswick

we are bboy friendly ;)

i gotta agree, Jersey ain't ready for techno. techno is more of west coast thing esp in vegas. I remeber i was at Studio 54 in vegas, and the big thing was techno, but then again to the people in Songs by Avancada and Derb is techno

How about:

Brian Zentz

Pump Panel

Steve Stoll

Luke Slater

LSG

DJ Misjah

Would you consider those guys techno? If so count me in!

House is the answer it all comes from and back to house,"House Is A Feeling" Picotto has been around for years, his style constantly evolves, never heard him life, but I was spinning some of his records as far back as like 97 or 98. Saleen, no offense, but you talk about this guy like he is the latest thing, As you stay in Miami and are exposed to more international jocks, you mind will be expanded. If you read the trade magazines (DJ trade magazines, especially the European ones, You will learn about a lot of great jocks, long before we even hear them in the US).

Just my 2 cents

House Music All Night Long.

ps. If you are listing Techno Jocks, How come Frankie Bones didn't make the list, one of the Godfathers of techno, along with Bostich.

Originally posted by thepulse

House is the answer it all comes from and back to house,"House Is A Feeling" Picotto has been around for years, his style constantly evolves, never heard him life, but I was spinning some of his records as far back as like 97 or 98. Saleen, no offense, but you talk about this guy like he is the latest thing, As you stay in Miami and are exposed to more international jocks, you mind will be expanded. If you read the trade magazines (DJ trade magazines, especially the European ones, You will learn about a lot of great jocks, long before we even hear them in the US).

Just my 2 cents

House Music All Night Long.

ps. If you are listing Techno Jocks, How come Frankie Bones didn't make the list, one of the Godfathers of techno, along with Bostich.

parisio and beyers are evil. so is liebing. that mother fucker knows how to bang it out.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by whatevaman

parisio and beyers are evil. so is liebing. that mother fucker knows how to bang it out.

i have one of liebing sets and its almost too hard.....

I'm all about trance, some of my favorite DJs are Tiesto and Taucher. DC is a pretty good scene for trance, while still banging out some good house, dnb, and even jungle. Sometimes, trance is where it's at, just wanna get swept up in the melody, but other times you want it to bang hard.

But. . . fuck the fucking vocals. I despise the NY style, where it's all about the vocals, and there is even an "artist" to speak of? Eyra Gail, Perpetuouts Dreamer, Anastacia . . . all suck. Fuck KTU, fuck Beatstock, fuck live "headliner events" where a random woman sings with an overproduced voice and is a "star." When Alice Deejay broke in America, I was like "DJ Jurgen!" That was the person who actually created the music, Alice Deejay was someone he hired to do the vocals. And she was the STAR! WTF!

It's all about the :dj: in the end . . . and a good one who can bang it out, from trance to breaks to house to jungle to dnb . . . let it ride. Lost beats, shoddy crossovers, loss of flow, heavy crowd dispersal. . .anytime the DJ can't play their crowd, no matter who it is. . . it pisses me off to no end.