• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by codica3

(but seriously, how could you guys not tell it was a joke?) :tongue:

How would we know if it wasn't?

I'm sorry, I know I'm being a dick about this, but while I think you're wrong that I take the boards in general too seriously, I do take my friends VERY seriously. I care about them more than nearly anything else in this world, and I will go to great lengths to make sure they're okay. It bothers me when people take that kind of trust lightly.

Originally posted by codica3

Well that's all fine then Joeg but if you ever really do go missing don't expect any of us to give two shits. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(but seriously, how could you guys not tell it was a joke?) :tongue:

because i thought 6th grade pranks stayed in 6th grade.

I really don't have time to fuck around wondering if one of my friends is alright.

Some people might laugh it off, but if someone puts me through shit like that, turns around and calls me a fool for being concerned, i really will hit them in the throat when i see them.

if you think I"M fucking joking, ask one of my asshole buddies with a crushed windpipe.

Moral: If you call me a fool for being a friend, you are NOT my friend.

so if you really give a flying fuck, you step down from the soap box, walk over to the phone, and call...

do you really think justin would fucking post that on here if i was gone for 3 hours??? i mean, seriously....

I'm not calling anyone a fool for their concern, but no one should be all bent out of shape when 2 hours later the joke is over...

its not like we dragged this out for a week, and i was unreachable...

Originally posted by cintron

Kid, you got caught with your hand in the candy jar and we told you we didn't like it.

You are in no position to tell any of us how we SHOULD feel.

Don't push your luck.

1) I didn't post this thread... I DID go along with it... it was a satire of another thread, I figured 'why not'...

2) I didn't hear my phone ring this morning... so don't pretend you were actually so worried that it warrants this selfrightousness...

it was a joke... something to break a little tension, but everyone has to overreact, then realize they didn't bother to care, and now pretend its wrong so they don't feel bad...

Eric: If you are really that upset, I apologize... but the question of "why didn't you check the situation out for yourself?" arises...

a simple *chuckle chuckle "ohhh you got us...* is all that was warranted... imo.

Joe, the only reason this didn't drag out is that I called you on it.

Eric and I have already explained how we feel about this. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way but don't want to deal with an argument with you.

I have so such qualms.

Life lesson: do not challenge the love and trust of the few people in this world you can count on. Don't forget who DID call you this morning.

Originally posted by joeg

FURTHERMORE: if you want to talk about 6th grade antics... leave your violence there aswell... :aright:

1.) You're starting to sound like my Mom.

2.) Jokes of this caliber are NOT funny.

3.) It is stupid to say "well if you really cared you would have called." I believe the self-righteousness rests with YOU. (though i consider you only 2nd-tier "at fault" since you did not post the joke yourself).

4.) Never put your friends to the test unless it's for real.

5.) Keep doing this shit if you want to alienate said friends.

This is a message board, lighten up people.

To tell you the honest truth I was under the impression that Justin did actually go out and buy a gun, JoeG stole it and ran away to a dark corner and ended it all. Then Justin and Steve found the gun and decided it was a good idea. This way we could cut the drama on here in half and everyone else can live happy ever after.

No really, even is Joe was lost do you really think a message board can help find him? Notice that if this was really important I would have received phone calls, the internet can only go so far.

Example: Say I message you on AIM and say there is a burglar in my house, or there is a drive by shooting going on. How many of you would take me seriously and actually call the cops for me? Even if you did call the cops, what are you going to tell them? My aim address??

:eek: SHEESH!

Originally posted by teklord310

No really, even is Joe was lost do you really think a message board can help find him? Notice that if this was really important I would have received phone calls, the internet can only go so far.

If I had thought that Joe was missing, and nobody had mentioned it yet, I would have posted something on the board. I don't know Justin or Steve's numbers, so this would likely be the easiest way to contact them, as well as anybody else who might have seen Joe recently.

I wouldn't expect anybody to call the cops right away. That would be stupid. But I would at least have some hopes of learning Joe's whereabouts.

I can't believe people are actually criticizing us for caring about our friends!!!!!

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

i knew it was a joke from minute one.

its still stupid, rude, immature, and not even remotely funny.

Thank you Lav.. You're awesome.

I'm still amazed that i managed to restrain the violently vehement and obscene comments i was about to post regarding the absolute childishness of this entire escapade.

Fucking teenagers.

Originally posted by teklord310

This is a message board, lighten up people.

To tell you the honest truth I was under the impression that Justin did actually go out and buy a gun, JoeG stole it and ran away to a dark corner and ended it all. Then Justin and Steve found the gun and decided it was a good idea. This way we could cut the drama on here in half and everyone else can live happy ever after.

Example: Say I message you on AIM and say there is a burglar in my house, or there is a drive by shooting going on. How many of you would take me seriously and actually call the cops for me? Even if you did call the cops, what are you going to tell them? My aim address??

:eek: SHEESH!

thank fucking god....

like I said... no one on here even knows what town I live in, much less how to go about finding me... and this would be the last place anyone would post any information of this severity reguarding my whereabouts....

and for the love of god, HAVE NONE OF YOU MET JUSTIN?!?!? HES GOT AIDS EXCHANGE AND AN ABORTION IN HIS SIG, WHY WOULD YOU TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY?!?!? :confused:

Eric:

1) sound like your mom? don't cloud the hypocracy with that...

2) i'm sorry you didn't find the humor in it.

3) i didn't mention who called and who didn't until you tried to make this into a "oh my god, you gave me a heart attack" scenario...

4) there was no test... I was gone for 3 hours... common sense should have kicked in... hell, the cops won't even entertain those calls unless 24 hours has gone by...

Joe, I know you're in defensive mode right now, and nobody ever compromises in that mode.

I just hope that what you've read from Eric and I will give you some food for thought, and allow you to see past your rationalizations to realize the effect you're having on the people who care about you.

Originally posted by hoke

If I had thought that Joe was missing, and nobody had mentioned it yet, I would have posted something on the board. I don't know Justin or Steve's numbers, so this would likely be the easiest way to contact them, as well as anybody else who might have seen Joe recently.

True that. But then again you could get a phone # much quicker by calling other people. Kinda like a giant phone chain. I do care about my friends, but I know some people well enough to know when to care and when not to care. Sort of like when they are serious and when they are joking.

If saleen351, embodiedhate, or anyone of those drama freaks posted the same thing would u have taken them seriously? True I do suppose it is different because we don't know them. But anyway this just leads me to my point of how Joe is Joe, basically a dick.

Where the hell is Quoth?? We need him to come on here and lecture us on how we aren't his friends, just associates who we see once in a while and shit. No I don't believe in that, but its his attitude and it kinda makes sense.

Originally posted by hoke

I can't believe people are actually criticizing us for caring about our friends!!!!!

i think the criticizm is aimed at the insane overreaction of a gag that didn't even last 15 minutes...