Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mixer/Computer Connection Help

frisco

Sorry my Question didn't goe through 1st time.

I need some advice please.

I want to burn my vinyl onto CD. Here is my setup.

2 1200s connected to DJM 600 connected to my stereo.

I tried connecting 2 RCA cables from the DJ Booth output to the input on my soundcard via a stereo connector. So the cable has 2 RCAs and one stereo.

I am using a Sony Vaio laptop with a Yamaha 16 bit soundcard.

I have tried several different software programs including Roxio, SoundForge and CoolEdit Pro and nothing is being recorded.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Frisco

I tried connecting 2 RCA cables from the DJ Booth output to the input on my soundcard via a stereo connector. So the cable has 2 RCAs and one stereo.

I have tried several different software programs including Roxio, SoundForge and CoolEdit Pro and nothing is being recorded.

Frisco

Frisco

You probably have the settings set up wrong on Soundforge.

What's a little easier, and what I do, it record using Musicmatch as a 192 kbps mp3, then if you want to mess around with it at all, transform it into a wav and do your soundforge stuff with it. To record on musicmatch, just change the recording source to 'line in'. Also, make sure your RCAs are hooked into the right jack. It doesn't record right if you have them hooked into the monitors rather than the output on some mixers.

in sounforge, theres a mixing board i think, make sure the channel thats coming in is on, it could be that you something muted or maybe ur soundcard has a mixing board and see what channel its coming in through.

The easiest way to burn vinyl to cd is just to get a external cd burner with rca inputs or if you mixer has digital outs, which i dont think it does, used a digital coaxial wire. using and external cd burner like the denon or tascan or anything like that would be alot easier and faster. thats would i use and i never have any problems and it sounds great