Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuggin Tom Stephan!!!!!

spinsaikel

my god, Tom stephan was sooo fuggin amazing!! He didnt let up once. he played some really hard tribal house. Tribal fuggin madness everybody!!! I admit, I was REALLY quite agrrevated with the way things were earlier in the night. BT sucked!!! I thought he was spinning all breaks. But no he spun some good breaks and some bad trance and hardhouse. Brian transeau is blacklisted from my book of "people to see." Anyway, thanks vic for taking me to buzz. If not for this guy, I wouldve been home thinking about how I shouldve gone to buzz. It was great seeing some of you Ceepee heads out. Gina, Cookiegirl, merkie, liz and friend jason, VIC (the man!!), and who else am i missing? oh yeah, eric. saw him on the patio when mixmaster morris was playing and up and down no mixing set. soo fuggin bad. as vic called said" he spun hip hop all night!" hah!! urrrgh, shoot him. Well, hope to see you guys out nx week for some serious action in the main room.

Sopha

who'sNotSleepingAfterBuzzCuzHeHasToWork@1pm

HOLY F*CKING SHIT! WOW! WOW! WOW! hail.gif Tom Stephan! Purely amazing set. I was really bummed earlier in the evening because BT sucked majorly. I spent most of his set out on the patio listening to Mixmaster Morris and just relaxing. I did go into the main room a few times to check out Cirque de Soleil. :aright:

Tom Stephan threw down! I was exhausted but he kept me moving. It almost seemed wrong to stop dancing *lol* I haven't danced that hard in a very long time! Cookiegirl and I made it till about 6 am. It hurt leaving when the music was so good but we were dying!

It was so nice to see everyone. Patural9 - great to finally meet you :D

Vic - you are the man, I don't know where you were getting all that energy from but I barely saw you off the dancefloor all night!

Alright, I'm off to the pool.... :D

definitly one the best 2 or 3 sets i've heard at buzz,,,this year, maybe even since i started going there a couple of years back.

wow, wow, wow.....those hard tribal beats just kept on coming, one after another, after another, after another....

definitly worth the $24. i didnt know waht to expect from BT, for 2 hrs, i think he was a bit all over the place, although starting off with "fibonacci sequence" was pretty darn sweet.

hehehe..i dunno i just sit here and chuckle to myself for all the people that left after BT left the decks and missed out on Tom Stephan.

weird crowd last night, of course being honeydew, it was mix between a glow crowd, regular buzz crowd and raver crowd. but i had a great time, i think its been the best honeydew i've been to (been to only 4) 'cos we really got a bit of everything. techno (which i messed), trance, breaks, hard house, and tribal.

omg, my lower back is killing me. great seeing everyone there. spinsaikel (no problem on the ride), tinybf (i'm like pringles, once i pop i cant stop :D , but your also a package of energy yourself), cookiegirl (with her infamous "vulture" dance move), kuro, crank, sauvee, pete, pat (<---always running into this guy at buzz)....and oh!!!!, how could we forget....alex whalen was also there :D , there was this funky dance move he did at one point during the night, that was just to funny...good funny, i'm gonna have to see if i can master that one.

sasha next week...surely to be another crazy night.

Tom totally destroyed the dance floor down here in Miami last night. He played for 4.5 hours and I didn't stop dancing for one minute. It was crazy tribal, but w/ some tight ass vocals and a lot of funk. Best set I've heard since Danny Howells New Years Eve set @Vinyl. Truly massive!

Originally posted by joeygk

Tom totally destroyed the dance floor down here in Miami last night. He played for 4.5 hours and I didn't stop dancing for one minute. It was crazy tribal, but w/ some tight ass vocals and a lot of funk. Best set I've heard since Danny Howells New Years Eve set @Vinyl. Truly massive!

more imprtantly did he wear a jacket and did you get it? :D

read the reviews on the miami board, seems like almost everyone there really enjoyed his set. i'm still in pain from friday.

I might be going off on a tangent here (which is an oddity in a posted topic :o), but i was just reminiscing about the things that went on friday night. one was the conversation vic and I had about mixmaster morris:

me: mixmaster morris definitely didnt mix at all, and he didnt keep he dropped some weird tracks.

Vic: you mean hip hop?

me:no, it was more like funk and downtempo

Vic: oh you mean hip hop?

me: no, i'd say it was more downtempo then anything...with a bit of funk and lite hip hop.

Vic: yeah....hip hop.

then there was this moment when i just standing there in awe with tom stephan's set. and then i turned and looked at alex whalen, and we both pointed at the same time at superchumbo. right then and there he and i were probably thinking" shit, this guy is kicking ass!"

anyway.....tis all.

I had a great time Friday night. Danced my ass off all night until my little legs could not take anymore torture. We left around 4:30.

Does anyone know who spun before BT?

Great to meet you cookie girl! Good to see everyone else! Don't think we are going to make it to Sasha, but we will definitely be there for Micro the following week.

I forgot the 3 strange things that happened to me that night...

1) a roach crawled across mine and liz's feet in the bathroom.

2) some fucked up girl puked on my foot while I was on the patio. :vomit2:

I would like to rant about this a moment. I will never understand the people who projectile vomit in a club. You should always be able to make it somewhere remote to vomit. You feel it coming on so you should at least have time to reach a trashcan or corner. Why puke all over the people standing around you? Oh well. I guess some people just can not control themselves.

3) We saw an accident while leaving right on South Capitol in front of the Exxon. The police sitting there just watched it happen and then watched the guy who caused it try to drive away. He did not make it very far before pulling over because driving up on the median destroyed his alignment and tires. WTF??

Through all of this excitement we managed to have a great time. The good always outweighs the bad at Buzz!!!!

What a wonderful night to make my long-anticipated return to BuZz!! I can't thank t.b. enough for inspiring me to go.

I had written a really long review but it was erased by the evil message board gods and I can't say I feel like trying to recreate it. The important points -- *SUUUUPERCHUUMBO is my new favorite. When I thought I just couldn't dance one more second, he brought out some killer beat drops and some amazing sounds and got my ass moving a few last times. :spin2: *All the C.P. kids I saw again and met for the first time -- tiny of course, sauvee, kuro, vicman (glad you <3 the vulture as much as I do), merkie (I saw a cockroach in the b-room too <shudder>), spinsaikel, crank, and anyone else. *Cirque du Soleil was simply amazing, I'd love to see more of those types of performances at BuZz. . .anyways it's back to work for me :worry:.

'stina :D

PS - and how could I forget about Alex Whalen -- great to meet him finally:clap2:and the fabulous Fred who took over sketch-shielding duties for the night. . . I'm eternally grateful. ;)

Originally posted by cookiegirl

PS - and how could I forget about Alex Whalen -- great to meet him finally:clap2:and the fabulous Fred who took over sketch-shielding duties for the night. . . I'm eternally grateful. ;)

:aright: if it wasn't for Fred I would have collapsed on the dancefloor from dehyrdration. He kept the beverages flowing *lol*

And of course you all know that I was pretty happy to see Alex too :D

btw, Sideshow Bob has pics up already from Friday night - http://sideshowbob.darkravers.net/buzz0809/index.html

there's 4 pages!

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

btw, Sideshow Bob has pics up already from Friday night - http://sideshowbob.darkravers.net/buzz0809/index.html

Originally posted by pluryou

I might rock out my purple disco outfit tonight. My psychedelic hat still stands. I can't go without it. LOL :) Hope to meet some of you again or for the 1st time.

Is this pluryou? Haven't met the chickie yet - and this looks like a purple disco outfit to me. . .did ya have fun?

IMG_0200.JPG

'stina :D

i'm still hurting from friday. my sleep patterns have been disrupted. :(

anyway, i loved that first track that stephan dropped "because i'm addicted to drums"....3 1/2 hours and we couldnt stop moving at all.

Is Fred the guy that was with Alex Whalen?

Mercy, mercy, mercy...if they ever team up superchumbo with lawler and parks and wilson anywhere i swear, i would roadtrip it there even if it was somewhere in oklahoma.

Originally posted by vicman

i'm still hurting from friday. my sleep patterns have been disrupted. :(

anyway, i loved that first track that stephan dropped "because i'm addicted to drums"....3 1/2 hours and we couldnt stop moving at all.

Is Fred the guy that was with Alex Whalen?

Mercy, mercy, mercy...if they ever team up superchumbo with lawler and parks and wilson anywhere i swear, i would roadtrip it there even if it was somewhere in oklahoma.

A Lawlerchumbo tag team would be the dream team.

Originally posted by vicman

Oh yeah! That track was awesome! I'm still in awe. I now <3 Superchumbo. Don't worry Vic - I'll keep my hands off him, I know he's yours *lol*

Oh yeah! That track was awesome! I'm still in awe. I now <3 Superchumbo. Don't worry Vic - I'll keep my hands off him, I know he's yours *lol*

i just want his jacket :D

i've been reading the miami board, since superchumbo was there on saturday, seems like Space wants to make him a quarterly resident there. hopefully if that happens Buzz can book him more frequently, like they do so with Howells.

What is your obsession with DJ's clothing? Hmmm?? BTW, Draper called and he wants his underwear back :rolleyes:

i think it probably got lost among your alex whalen t-shirts, socks, thermal underwear, long johns, pj's, wife beaters, dress shirts, jeans, courdrouys, & sweaters :D

HA! I'll get you back for all the heckling when I see you in action when Satoshi comes to Buzz next month.... :tongue:

damn i wish there were more female dj's out there. i cant touch misstress barbara 'cos kuro is already the official dj whore for her..dj rap is d&b and i dont like d&b....:( :(