Clubplanet Nightlife Community

buzz residencies

after making a trip to NYC last weekend and seeing danny tenaglia at arc, i realized that buzz, as a party, has very little personality. there is so much diversity and irregularity in the DJs, the clubbers/ravers, and even the staff of the venue that it's hard for me to associate buzz with anything other than its venue, Nation, and "that was a sick fuckin time last night!" (not to downplay either one). but what is the sound of buzz?

i don't know if there is one. i can't imagine showing up to buzz thinking "great, even if the guest dj(s) is crap, i can still count on the residents showing me a good time," because most of the "residents" are never actually there! tall paul has played at buzz ONCE this year. deep dish only 4 times.

i suppose if i lived in NYC and went to arc every week I would get bored of tenaglia, but after some 60 or 70 consecutive fridays at buzz, i'm bored of the inconsistency. i like that Be Yourself has a distinct sound. and that Tsunami parties have a distinct sound. and on some level, that Glow has a distinct sound. but other than john tab's opening sets, does buzz have a "sound"?

agree/flame/hate away :)

i actually agree with wreck here on this one :eek:

i lived in NY for sometime and believe that the diversity in the crowd here at Buzz along with the different types of music you can get from one weekend to another is what makes it unique.

sure, arc has great djs on an almost weekly basis, but most of the sounds are the same. the only thing i do wish dc had is another club that would bring good dj's on a contant basis such as buzz and had the vibe the place has.

but the vibe, the people, the diversity in music at one place is something taht NYC wished it had. buzz is better than any individual NYC club. period.

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

after making a trip to NYC last weekend and seeing danny tenaglia at arc, i realized that buzz, as a party, has very little personality. there is so much diversity and irregularity in the DJs, the clubbers/ravers, and even the staff of the venue that it's hard for me to associate buzz with anything other than its venue, Nation, and "that was a sick fuckin time last night!" (not to downplay either one). but what is the sound of buzz?

i don't know if there is one. i can't imagine showing up to buzz thinking "great, even if the guest dj(s) is crap, i can still count on the residents showing me a good time," because most of the "residents" are never actually there! tall paul has played at buzz ONCE this year. deep dish only 4 times.

i suppose if i lived in NYC and went to arc every week I would get bored of tenaglia, but after some 60 or 70 consecutive fridays at buzz, i'm bored of the inconsistency. i like that Be Yourself has a distinct sound. and that Tsunami parties have a distinct sound. and on some level, that Glow has a distinct sound. but other than john tab's opening sets, does buzz have a "sound"?

agree/flame/hate away :)

attachment.php?s=&postid=966680

DT was great this past friday, To bad he had a short set.

I'm from NJ, visiting this board asking about events next week between wednesday and saturday in Balto/DC area. . . I goto clubs in NY and NJ all the time.

I'm sick of Tenaglia, and the residents, some get lame after a while. I remember how i started to feel after seeing Scott Henry after a while, just got tired with him. Some of the residents around here play such weak and corny shit, it's just sad. I miss Buzz, I miss the crowd, I miss always seeing someone different. And if there was no one I wanted to see that week, I just didnt go. With only having residents, it's always them. . .