Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turntables question

i dont know if what im going to say is going to start a little problem because eveytime i say somthing some one rights back starting an arguiment.

but anyway i would personally wait till you had the money to but technics or just buy a used pair of technics. if you buy another pair and start off with them, your going to want the technics soon anyway but in the long run you will be loosing money.

so if i were you, i would just save my money and wait to get a pair of technics

I'd rather drive the ferrari and crash it, it's more fun that way. But as far as table's go, is everyone talking about saving for the MK II or III?

I'd sell you my pair, but I might actually start djing again, then i'd be pissed cuz i didn't have them. I want to get those pioneer cd players though, unless they came out with something new and better, but I'll find out when I go to the AC Expo.

when buying soething, you want to learn on the best, thats the way it should be done.

save your money and buy the technics

when i first started, i bought the gemini bd 50's(i think thats what they were, but this was 7 years ago) i used them for a month and then bought technics, what a waste of money it was to buy something over the best

Now when buying anything, i always buy the best cause its better and it saves money in th long run:D :D

I hate buy crap at Rock N Soul. Records yeah, but so far every time i've bought some gear by the time I bring it home it craps out in like two days. And I get lazy and don't feel like draggin my ass all the way back to New York to complain.

ok, a couple of quick thigs. first off, everything said here is a matter of opinion. the learn on the best thing, may not be in your best interset...hear me out a sec. if you learn on tech 1200's, then yes, they are the best and the industry standard. however, your first club will not be exit, or centro, or anything even close. it will be a venue of less than great. hopefully they will have techs, but ive seen some shitty dives where dj's start out that dont even have those. what i would do if i was you is go out and get belt driven turntables. yes, they are horrible....BUT....once you learn on those, or even start to learn, the tech 1200's are heaven-like. the belt driven's are very slow in all aspects. the belt needs to catch up every time you touch it. there is also a "drag" period once you change the tempo with the slider. anyway, get a set of these for probably 100 to 200 bucks. do this while saving up for the tech 1200's. also, buy s-h-i-t-t-y needles for the first time. you will destroy them while your learning to respect your equipment. my only second choice to tech's would be the vestax, and they are almost as much. look for the mk11, you'll get the best deal on them and there is very little difference between the two. the vestax are digital, which means you can hook it into your computer (basically). but the tech's are an industry standard. good luck with everything.

matt, i agree with you for the most part. im just giving my opinion and some advice. i know you can get 2 belt tables for a 100 bucks, almost anywhere. i said that because i think he wants to get a move on things, thats all. yes, he should wait, i agree with you. just offering an alternative. its so much better to learn on belt then go to direct drive...as far as quality of learning. as far as ease goes, well, go with the tech's on that one.

well that's not really true .. I picked up a pair of Gemini XL-100's and kept them for over two years before I decided to start saving up for my MKIII's ... It was a matter of choice for me to start with shitty tables and build up my skill from there ... in the long run, Im actually glad I started off with shitty tables