Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turntables question

There really wasn't much choice. I DJ (or use to before it died) Hip Hop and I don't care what shitty tables you buy and how great you are with tables, you aren't gettin and get scratch and mix combos off of any shitty tables. I don't care who you are. But like some of you are saying it's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't but if you can really hold off until you can afford techs I'd do that. If you know it's gonna be awhile and you're not going to be able to get a pair (new or used) Then get whatever. The main thing is to learn timing and blending Most of you here or house or techno or DNB (although there's lots of scratching in DNB) so that's why not getting the techs really isn't that important when you're starting out.

Originally posted by mahdi

There really wasn't much choice. I DJ (or use to before it died) Hip Hop and I don't care what shitty tables you buy and how great you are with tables, you aren't gettin and get scratch and mix combos off of any shitty tables. I don't care who you are. But like some of you are saying it's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't but if you can really hold off until you can afford techs I'd do that. If you know it's gonna be awhile and you're not going to be able to get a pair (new or used) Then get whatever. The main thing is to learn timing and blending Most of you here or house or techno or DNB (although there's lots of scratching in DNB) so that's why not getting the techs really isn't that important when you're starting out.

thank you.

I spin deep house, tech house and some breakz and never found the need to scratch. Ofcourse, depending on what genre you like to spin, the tables would obviously be more effective

i should have asked what type of music you were gonna spin. if it is hip-hop, and you need to scratch, your right about the belts being terrible for it. but while your waiting for techs, you could learn matching up the beats on the belts. always remember, the belts were around a long time before the direct drives were. so belt drives were the techs at one time. it is a matter of opinion though.