Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
dgmodel

magilicuti...

abs I've always had a problem with despite my sig pic. abs for me are good one day and bad another. I try to start out with crunches with my feet off the ground. My legs would be bent at a 90 degree angle while i'm doing the crunch. I do one set till I can't do no more then I go to the cable machine and get the straight bar (instead of a rope like most magazines and books always have) and do 3 to 4 sets of 20 or till i just can't go anymore. When I can't do anymore I hold in the crunch at the end for the last 2 or 3 reps. I get a stick for inbetween sets and do twists for my obliques. I never ever really got sore from this but I know it helps have the rib cage come out more because it just makes it tighter on the sides. Sometimes I save this for the end but I like to do this between sets as well. Most people suggest hitting the lower abs first but I almost always do them last. Only because I can't get a lower ab exercise where I can use added weight for resistance. So I don't wanna take away from working out with the crunches with the added weight because I think that exercise is what puts the size in the abs. For lower abs I lay on the floor and do reverse crunches. I bend my knees and just try to bring them in close to my head and at the end of the rep I never fully rest my ass on the floor. The abs should always have some strain on them during sets. I try to do abs every time I go into the gym and usually at the beginning too so I just don't say fuck it at the end when I'm tired.

The diet is the most important part. I try not to eat a lot of carbs after lunch. I never cut carbs out where I am in pain (ie atkins) but if I can do without rice or eating those fries I will. But I won't take the bread off my hamburger or anything. I never drink alcohol as well because that screws over working out all together.

I'll reply back later with the shoulder routine I use when I find my book that has the names of the exercises. It would be hard to explain if I just described the movements and I don't know the names of most of the shoulder workouts I do.

thank you very very much~! greatly appreciate it...

as for the drinking comment... what do you mean "I never drink alcohol as well because that screws over working out all together." how is that? or why is that? im a weekend warrior so i drink on the weekends not heavy but up there... if cut this out of my partying routine what gains will i see in my excercise routine??? or what is it inhibiting me from??? etc...

so after a night of drinking lets say friday... all of saturday my body will not digest any proteins or wont utilize them??? (correct me if im wrong) so if i work out on friday then its pretty much a waste since i drank it all away that evening... right? so lets say hypothetically speaking, i stop drinking all together, maybe just have a glass of wine with dinner or a beer with dinner (depending on meal and beer&wine) will that noticeably speed up my results?

i dont know what amount of alcohol will cause you to stop utilizing protein at but i know its very little. if you stop drinking, eat right and keep working out you'll see results much much faster. diet is about 80% and working out is 20%. its so true. i don't diet that well but i'll never touch alcohol. i get tired most of the time on it anyway. not being able to utilize protein is just one bad side effect of alcohol. basically its one of the worst things you can do to yourself while working out. drinking will basically kill gains you get. and it will definently prevent you from making gains