Clubplanet Nightlife Community

few worried questions from a newbie

ems41

hello everyone. im new... basically i wanted some educated answers about sex that didn't come form a book or something. i have a few...

i just started on ortho tri-cyclen less than a month ago. my boyfriend and i have still been using condoms as a back-up, but the other night he just pulled out. a)when exactly does the pill kick in? i know they tell you at least a month, is that right? B) is there a big risk? he pulled out and everything, no major slip-ups. basically i always get very nervous and anxious when period time rolls around...not cool. c) does anyone else use the pill, pros/cons?

thanks much.

Hi there. I am on ortho-tri-cyclen myself and yes it usually takes about a month but being that he pulled out in time you should be alright even though that is not a safe and effective method b/c there is always pre-ejaculation. Don't worry bout your period being late until you are about a week late and that would be after you start your new pack b/c you should start before then. And since you started the pill and if you take them regular, they will help regulate your period so you don't have to worry bout being late all that much. Hope I helped out.:cool:

pulling out is never safe. just don't practice that. it's also dangerous because, hey, who wants to pull out before y'all are done? the temptation is just too great. the condom is worth it all around. i'm on the pill, too (not ortho-tricyclen, but another); just make sure that you're always right on time. i missed one pill once and had the pleasure of menstruating for three weeks straight :no: . of course, that was because i missed the pill at a certain time in my pack, blahblahblah... all that to say that it's important to take it about the same time every day :) .

Originally posted by ems41

hello everyone. im new... basically i wanted some educated answers about sex that didn't come form a book or something. i have a few...

i just started on ortho tri-cyclen less than a month ago. my boyfriend and i have still been using condoms as a back-up, but the other night he just pulled out. a)when exactly does the pill kick in? i know they tell you at least a month, is that right? B) is there a big risk? he pulled out and everything, no major slip-ups. basically i always get very nervous and anxious when period time rolls around...not cool. c) does anyone else use the pill, pros/cons?

thanks much.

I belive it does take a month to "kick-in" If you dont like ocndoms and you trusy your b/f try foams, I think there better then the rubber used with pills of course.

yeah we usually use them as well, but it was one of those drunken things....yes yes i know, *slap on the hand*.... ive been taking them regular and at the same time, blah blah..alla that. just anxious...ya know?