Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is there a summer anthem?

djhcc

when I think of a summer anthem, I think of a song that EVERYONE knows and one that gets played to death by clubs and/ or the radio...In your eyes is huge, but I dont think too many people outside of Factory know about it...Sound of goodbye and love at first site are two songs that also come to mind for a summer anthem, but I feel they came out before the summer really hit(July 4th weekend)..So, I would have to go with Shiny Disco Balls as the anthem..Everyone knows it, has heard it and likes it(maybe not everyone on the board)..

The problem here is that a lot of the people who post to this board are either dj's or producers who either have played or heard the song a million times and get tired of it. A summer anthem can't be a fresh new song. How could it be a summer anthem then? 9 times out of ten the Summer Anthem is the song by the end of the summer you're sick of it, but it still reminds you of the summer. Besides, I know like anyone else, no matter how much you dislike a song, when that chick with the nice fat ass and the big top comes up looking sexy as hell, and she says "Could you play 'Shiny Disco Balls' I LOVE that song!" You're gonna play it.

Originally posted by avalondon3

when I think of a summer anthem, I think of a song that EVERYONE knows and one that gets played to death by clubs and/ or the radio...In your eyes is huge, but I dont think too many people outside of Factory know about it...Sound of goodbye and love at first site are two songs that also come to mind for a summer anthem, but I feel they came out before the summer really hit(July 4th weekend)..So, I would have to go with Shiny Disco Balls as the anthem..Everyone knows it, has heard it and likes it(maybe not everyone on the board)..

I agree....its just a slow summer I guess...hey maybe they will come late..and we can just call them the fall anthems....:D