Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Raid In Todays Paper......

HERE IS THE ARTICLE FROM THE RAID SAT. NIGHT......

Seaside Heights nightclub raided; seven people arrested

Published in the Asbury Park Press 8/14/02

By A. SCOTT FERGUSON

TOMS RIVER BUREAU

SEASIDE HEIGHTS -- State Police raided a nightclub, charging two people with possession of Ketamine and Ecstasy and several others with underage possession of alcohol, authorities said.

Merge Nightclub, 302 Boulevard, also was cited for 15 administrative violations of the state's Alcohol Beverage Control regulations, said Sgt. Gerald Lewis, a State Police spokesman.

State Police raided the club after undercover investigators found that bartenders and other employees were serving alcohol to patrons who already were intoxicated. They also determined that patrons were using illegal drugs in the club, Lewis said.

"There were 11 intoxicated patrons who were being served by bartenders, who were all noticeably impaired," Lewis said yesterday. "These individuals were evaluated and each one was later released."

State and borough police, along with the Ocean County Narcotics Strike Force and the state Fire Marshal's Office, raided the club about 1:50 a.m. Sunday.

In addition to the ABC violations, police found 21 vials of white powder, four plastic bags of white powder and 17 white pills. Lewis said the pills were suspected to be the club drug Ecstasy, while the powder appeared to be Ketamine, also known as Special K.

Daniel Brown, 23, of Flemington, was charged with possession of Ecstasy; Ralph Dileo, 27, of Garwood, was charged with possession of Ketamine; Jolanta Szurant, 27, of Brooklyn was charged with disorderly conduct; and Denise Kalsmur, 30, of Fairview was charged with sale of alcohol to minors.

Charged with possession of alcohol by a minor were Christine Disteffano, 19, of Garwood; Stephanie Vogel, 19, of Hamburg; and Everett Gresham, 19, of Lacey.

Brown, Dileo and Szurant were taken to the Ocean County Jail in Toms River, Lewis said. Only Szurant remained there yesterday. Her bail was set at $1,500, a jail spokesman said.

The others were issued summonses and released, pending a hearing.

In addition to the ABC violations, the Fire Marshal's office cited several violations of the fire code, but Lewis said the police report did not contain the details.

The club is licensed to Metro Lounge South, which has the same address as the club. No one answered the telephone at the club late yesterday.

The property on which the club is located is registered to Be Happy, LLC of Dover Township. That company does not have a listed telephone number.

Originally posted by hunnie818

Ralph Dileo, 27, of Garwood, was charged with possession of Ketamine;

Charged with possession of alcohol by a minor were Christine Disteffano, 19, of Garwood;

:eek::laugh: I KNOW THEM, and didnt even see them there. . .:laugh: hold up someone is getting a phone call...:D

ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT GOT CAUGHT ARE FROM PLACES I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF.....BUMBLE FUCK NEW JERSEY ANYONE?????

Im just happy I didnt see names of anyone I know...I was at MERGE when it happened but got separated from my friends...

thanks for posting the article. what bullshit about being drunk....wtf. they raided the wrong club...they would have had a better hit if they picked a different one...from what i hear, other clubs are gonna be hit too. we will see

Originally posted by neena16

I feel bad for petey K and all the people that got arrested...

do the cops just randomly select people to search? :blank:

I dont know how it worked saturday, but you saw me when I got to tempts....Lights went on and there were cops all right in my face...I just walked right past them and out the door.

I dont know how it worked saturday, but you saw me when I got to tempts....Lights went on and there were cops all right in my face...I just walked right past them and out the door.

Neena, as bad as the article sounds, Merge will be just fine. Its routine bullshit that every club needs to deal with.

How can a club be responsible for Cops finding drugs if they are not allowed to pat down patrons that come through the door? Its one thing if a bouncer sees it happening, but its another thing to be able to know what each person is bringing in with them as they walk through the door.

Bottom line is that Merge will be open this Saturday, and Its actually better that this raid got done sooner then later. It would have been miserable if they did the Raid on an even bigger event.

Originally posted by salgo

thanks for posting the article. what bullshit about being drunk....wtf. they raided the wrong club...they would have had a better hit if they picked a different one...from what i hear, other clubs are gonna be hit too. we will see

I POSTED THE ARTICLE SO PEOPLE COULD SEE THE DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO TRY TO SCARE OFF CLUB GOERS.....IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXAMPLE....IT'S WEAK......I FEEL BAD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GOT SHAFTED.......THE POLICE SHOULD RAID THE PLACES THAT NEED IT(WHICH SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS)....WHERE PEOPLE ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES FROM GHB & K .....NOT MERGE :cuss:

I HEAR THERE WILL BE A RAID @ TEMPTS SAT....THE SERGEANT @ MERGE TOLD ME THAT NIGHT....WHO KNOWS IF IT'S BULLSHIT OR NOT...SO EVERYONE HEADS UP FOR SAT.....LEAVE THE PARTY FAVORS @ HOME IS POSSIBLE

YO!!!!! WHERE MY MOTHER FUCKEN CLUBHEADS AT!!!!!

Originally posted by salgo

I somehow doubt that it will happen..........that other club hasn't been raided in YEARS. And I hope it doesn't this weekend, cause I'll be there. Hopefully

Originally posted by djdanfury

Neena, as bad as the article sounds, Merge will be just fine. Its routine bullshit that every club needs to deal with.

How can a club be responsible for Cops finding drugs if they are not allowed to pat down patrons that come through the door? Its one thing if a bouncer sees it happening, but its another thing to be able to know what each person is bringing in with them as they walk through the door.

Bottom line is that Merge will be open this Saturday, and Its actually better that this raid got done sooner then later. It would have been miserable if they did the Raid on an even bigger event.

That's true....it could of been worse.

Jolanta Szurant, 27, of Brooklyn was charged with disorderly conduct;

Only Szurant remained there yesterday. Her bail was set at $1,500, a jail spokesman said.

Disorderly conduct? You get locked up for that? SHe must have no friends that can put up $150 to bail her out. That sucks.

The way the raid worked is the State Police had undercover agents in the club all night long watching individuals doing and selling drugs. These undercover agents also watched individuals whom they assumed were underage to see which bartender was serving them. Unfortunately for us bartenders, whether there are cops at the door checking I.D.'s or just a bouncer the responsiblity to make sure the person who your are serving is 21 lies with the bartender. When the lights came on and the uniformed cops came in they knew exactly what individuals they wanted. That is why most of you people were allowed to just walk out without being bothered. And there were a lot more than just "crap drinking violations" handed out. This should act as a warning to all of you people who just do what ever you want out in the open and that includes going into a bathroom stall with more than one person. A raid such as this can happen at anyone of our clubs (in Seaside or Anywhere) so lets use our heads.

Originally posted by djdanfury

Lets say there was a Raid come on a holiday weekend or the nite of a big event at Merge or Temps. Both the Seaside Heights and The Seaside Park Police Forces would not be able to stop the riot that would take place if they tried to shut down a club on the nite a big event. If anyone remembers the Great SnowBall Game between the Giants and Charges in Dec of 95, the cops would not be able to Stop the Riot that would have taken place if they stopped the game

Originally posted by cody05

The way the raid worked is the State Police had undercover agents in the club all night long watching individuals doing and selling drugs. These undercover agents also watched individuals whom they assumed were underage to see which bartender was serving them. Unfortunately for us bartenders, whether there are cops at the door checking I.D.'s or just a bouncer the responsiblity to make sure the person who your are serving is 21 lies with the bartender. When the lights came on and the uniformed cops came in they knew exactly what individuals they wanted. That is why most of you people were allowed to just walk out without being bothered. And there were a lot more than just "crap drinking violations" handed out. This should act as a warning to all of you people who just do what ever you want out in the open and that includes going into a bathroom stall with more than one person. A raid such as this can happen at anyone of our clubs (in Seaside or Anywhere) so lets use our heads.

Ohh that's the explanation I was looking for...as to why some people were just allowed to walk out and some were searched. Dam you really have to watch out for everyone not just bouncers.