Clubplanet Nightlife Community

poetry

pluryou

Lately I have been writing a lot of poetry. My poems range from being funny to being romantic. There are 2 I wrote that are down right mean. Anyways, I wanted to share this one. It's entitled F.U. No, I'm not saying that to you. It means forever unique. I made this up tp describe me. Please tell me what you think.

Forever Unique

I like to act the fool

But I still keep my cool

Look at the crazy clothes I wear

Do I look like I care

I like to be different

I like to be free

That's just a part of me

I do silly things

To see the smiles it brings

I'm not like anyone else

I enjoy being myself

That's why I'm F.U.

And I will always be true

From someone who has critiqued a lot of poetry:

I like what you are trying to say... about how you are trying to describe yourself and express your own uniquness.

A few pointers though:

- avoid aa bb cc dd etc rhyme schemes (by this I mean lines 1 & 2 rhyme with each other, and on all the way down)

-use poetic devices, such as assonance, consonance, metaphors, similes, etc to describe what you are trying to say and feel. Remember, you are trying to paint a picture with words.

-Wordsworth's definition of poetry (the most commonly sited definition) is "An overflow of emotion recollected in tranquility." What this means is that what you are feeling when writing the poem is so energized with emotion that common language does not do it justice. You take that emotion, find a peaceful place, inside or outside, and release that feeling on the world.

Basically, in this poem, don't just state how you are. Make us feel how you are.

Poetry is extremely hard to write though. I've studied a lot of it, and have learned how to critique and judge it, but basically have only one poem which I feel comfortable showing people. Check it out if you want to: Moon Unit Quake

Keep up the writing, Pluryou! It's important to find a way to express how you feel, and poetry is a great way to do just that! Hope I have been of some help to you! See you tomorrow at Sasha!

I also like poetry but am kinda embarrassed to put it out there but here it goes:

A Guy's Job

A guy sticks his location,

In a girl's destination,

To increase the population,

For the next generation.

Do you get my explanation?

Or do you need a demonstration?

Originally posted by pgiddy

I also like poetry but am kinda embarrassed to put it out there but here it goes:

A Guy's Job

In a girl's destination,

For the next generation.

Beautiful, *sniff, sniff*, simply beutiful...:laugh:

Originally posted by pgiddy

A Guy's Job

In a girl's destination,

For the next generation.

:cry: :cry: <--- vic overflowing with emotion

i write all the goddamn time, but hardly ever poetry anymore - mostly observational non-fiction :) . anycrap, here's a short something-or-other; it's in short form, so call it a poem if you want. the date isn't its title, but that's how i keep track of all my work.

thursdayfebruaryseventwothousandandtwo

i may lose my jazzcool

leaning on the doorjamb

'round about midnight

wishing you'd explain me you

and knowing hard it's your turn to call

my cigarette just burns a little faster tonight.