Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>ADJUSTiNG to your DANCE Environment...

Originally posted by hoke

lol... I know that one all too well... sometimes it pays to take some safety pins with you to the club! :idea:

How about the "I invited my non-clubber friend to go clubbing with me and now he's dancing too close to me and it's ruining my flow" dance?

... or the "I'm flailing my elbows more than usual because you're moving into my space and I'm hoping a solid blow will send a non-so-subtle hint" dance?

:laugh::D:laugh::D:laugh::D :laugh

lol- haha -i like yours- really - back of people- I need my dance space!-:tongue:

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

What about the dance walk? Does anyone else do this?

When you are really into the music but have to go talk to your friends or you are trying to walk through the dance floor without it seeeming like you are a non-dancing tool. So you kind of do this little hop up and down running man type thing to get from one place to another, i find it works best going backwards.

HAHAHAH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...or how 'bout the Its so freakin hot in here that I have to use my hands as a fan while I try to bust out cool moves Dance...

i totally saw the "eww you're creepy get away from me" turn-your-back-and-try-to-get-your-groove-back dance TWICE at camouflage tonight. there was this sorta skeezy dude trying to just dance right up to the ladies and they're weren't 'avin it. classic. :)

i usually start out my night with the "I'm not quite ready to dance" Dance, which consists of the headbob combined with a subtle 4/4 bent-knee bounce.

somewhere between the "I'm not quite ready" Dance and the "Oblivious to the rest of the world because I'm so into it" Dance (which touches upon other styles such as the "Whoops! Sorry about your toe/eye/boob" Dance) is the "Making fun of other people's dance styles" Dance, which funnily enough still makes me dance better than most of the other people (at Arc and Filter, in particular, this works well).

what is quite irritating and somewhat inevitable is the

"Sorry, please hold for the beat" Dance, which is when you're busting it out hardcore to some great to0nage when the DJ's needle slides or skips or sizzles or stumbles and you're left still grooving hardcore but off the beat for a few seconds while everyone else stands around awkwardly...

speaking of standing around awkwardly, it's always kind of amusing to see the sorts of poses people pull during the really ambient-sounding breakdowns... you know, when the drums and pounding synthlines drop completely out of the track, some sort of ethereal sound/voice glides in and most people stop moving rhythmically or at all and usually some e-tard is attempting to do some sort of spiritual slow-mo liquid thing... i guess that's the "Ooer i'm transcending reality during this slow part!" Dance

Originally posted by wideskies the "Making fun of other people's dance styles" Dance, which funnily enough still makes me dance better than most of the other people (at Arc and Filter, in particular, this works well).

I like that dance... it's fun! I tend to sprinkle a little of this in all through the night... it's most fun when you have a partner in crime who's just as silly as you are... ;)

Oh, and how could I forget the "I just started dancing really hard because I expected the breakdown to end, but it didn't so I look kind of silly now" dance? :P

Originally posted by wideskies

i'm cool... i'm cool...

lol... I just try to play it off like I was practicing my moves... like, "yeah, that's a taste of what's to come... I can tell you're shivering in anticipation..."

i've just got the tribal-goomba-stomp dance going on when i get really excited... like i'm trying to break the floor or something, wishing i had a spear in my hand and there was blood in the air :)

yeah *sigh* i miss being that excited.

GOOMBA!!!!! SMB%5Fgoombareg%2EgifSMB%5Fgoombareg%2EgifSMB%5Fgoombareg%2Egif

i usually start out my night with the "I'm not quite ready to dance" Dance, which consists of the headbob combined with a subtle 4/4 bent-knee bounce.

somewhere between the "I'm not quite ready" Dance and the "Oblivious to the rest of the world because I'm so into it" Dance (which touches upon other styles such as the "Whoops! Sorry about your toe/eye/boob" Dance) is the "Making fun of other people's dance styles" Dance, which funnily enough still makes me dance better than most of the other people (at Arc and Filter, in particular, this works well).

"Sorry, please hold for the beat" Dance, which is when you're busting it out hardcore to some great to0nage when the DJ's needle slides or skips or sizzles or stumbles and you're left still grooving hardcore but off the beat for a few seconds while everyone else stands around awkwardly...

speaking of standing around awkwardly, it's always kind of amusing to see the sorts of poses people pull during the really ambient-sounding breakdowns... you know, when the drums and pounding synthlines drop completely out of the track, some sort of ethereal sound/voice glides in and most people stop moving rhythmically or at all and usually some e-tard is attempting to do some sort of spiritual slow-mo liquid thing... i guess that's the "Ooer i'm transcending reality during this slow part!" Dance

first of all....HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

second, I was just gonna post your #2 & #3 Dance Styles and then read yours and seriously Laughed OUT Loud!

...when the DJ's record skips or he trainwrecks and youre in the middle of doing some of your sickest moves then all of a sudden you are all off timing with that severe look on your face of complete disappointment and utter confusion that you feel compelled to turn around and look at everyone else around you with the "I cant belive that just Happened" Dance...

...and the "Slow-Ambient Music Cheap DJ Mix" when everyone's not quite sure what to do whether to keep dancing (even though 99% of the people there aren't), light a cigarette, drink a sip of your water, or start some lame conversation with your friend like "hey, so how's work?" Dance...

... the "Not inside the club yet but I wanna DANCE" Dance, which is what happens when you're stuck in line but can hear the music leaking through the walls and it's driving you NUTS!

This dancing style ranges from the aforementioned headbob to the all-out Oblivious to the rest of the world Dance, usually incorporates such moves as the "Looking at your watch, straining to see the front of the line and the door, rolling your eyes and groaning, and looking back at your watch" Sequence and is rather contagious; generally, at least a few other people will feed off your nervous energy and start bobbing along with you.

how true:laugh:

what bout this one: the imma beat somebodys ass dance, usually happens when ur flowin big time an u dancin an as ur dancin theres a circle formin round u but then some idiot comes an either shoves u out the way or bumps into u without lookin where they r goin hence ruins the move u were about to unleash onto the unsuspectin crowd... i ve learned to incorporate that dance into my bag of tricks:laugh:

Originally posted by hitokiri24

how true:laugh:

what bout this one: the imma beat somebodys ass dance, usually happens when ur flowin big time an u dancin an as ur dancin theres a circle formin round u but then some idiot comes an either shoves u out the way or bumps into u without lookin where they r goin hence ruins the move u were about to unleash onto the unsuspectin crowd... i ve learned to incorporate that dance into my bag of tricks:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by aphelion

The "I'm so k-rocked that it feels like I'm dancing but in reality I'm barely moving my muscles" dance, anyone? :)

that's a good one, i prefer the "my legs feel like noodles dance" from 5 straight hours, fighting the urge to sit down becuase the music is too f'ing good