Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha & Zabiela Review

joeygk

Okay, just got back from an evening @Buzz in Washington, DC.

James Zabiela threw down the coolest f*%king set! The whole set was a chain of tracks w/ a really deep/low dubby house basslines, but funky. He was jumping around the dj booth and scratching the turntables......it was something so completey crazy and different! His breaks were amazing, the entire room was bouncing. The set was just 'cool' that all I can say! :D

Sasha, left something to be desired. It was probably one of the most boring uninspired sets I've heard from Mr. Coe. He was screwing up his mixes (although rumor was he was drunk), and his track selection was BORING. It wasn't bad, just watered down stereotypical dark progessive. Snooze.

*Stacey- he played that track right before the Blade Runner vocal from his essential mix and the crowd went off. It's definately one of those tracks that is only done justice on a large system!

i think sasha was good, not great, not mind-blowing. weve all probablby seen him in better days, but he still managed to keep the dance floor moving until the very end.

if you guys dont knwo whetehr to stay for sasha on monday after zabiela, just take a liste to his EM from 2 weeks ago. he played alot of tracks from that EM and some from ADD, just to give you an idea.

having sai that, zabiela was incredible. i'm seriously gonna go see him on 9/21 up at arc. definitly the high light of the evening.

sasha looked tired, i dont think he was drunk, same thing people said last time he was here in december, that he was wasted, happened to be he was sick. probably the one that said he was drunk was pretty drunk himself. where do people come with thi stuff? :confused:

Originally posted by joeygk

*Stacey- he played that track right before the Blade Runner vocal from his essential mix and the crowd went off. It's definately one of those tracks that is only done justice on a large system!

nice

now i don't feel so bad that i have to leave early tomorrow night

sasha who?

Originally posted by joeygk

Okay, just got back from an evening @Buzz in Washington, DC.

James Zabiela threw down the coolest f*%king set! The whole set was a chain of tracks w/ a really deep/low dubby house basslines, but funky. He was jumping around the dj booth and scratching the turntables......it was something so completey crazy and different! His breaks were amazing, the entire room was bouncing. The set was just 'cool' that all I can say! :D

Sasha, left something to be desired. It was probably one of the most boring uninspired sets I've heard from Mr. Coe. He was screwing up his mixes (although rumor was he was drunk), and his track selection was BORING. It wasn't bad, just watered down stereotypical dark progessive. Snooze.

i missed you!!!!!! sorry i couldnt make it, i owe you long island ice teas, rum and coke and....................2 shots of jim beam

i ll make it up mr joey

smoochies

CD

Originally posted by Nolimit

sasha is doing this shit on purpose.. he can do so much better, i don't know what the hell is going on.

told ya...saw him once at Shadow Lounge back in the day and he was putting me to sleep...only time i have ever seen Sasha actually do good was when he is with Digweed, and i think Digweed saves his ass when they mix together...just my .02 cents

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

told ya...saw him once at Shadow Lounge back in the day and he was putting me to sleep...only time i have ever seen Sasha actually do good was when he is with Digweed, and i think Digweed saves his ass when they mix together...just my .02 cents

how many times have u heard sasha?