Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sashbiela review....

malanee

My night got off to a rough start. First I forgot my ID and had to schmooze my way in the front door. Only to get thrown out by the girl in the security line because I had an empty baggie! WTF??? So after going home and making a costume change, I finally made it in. Thank god for hair extensions! When I went through the security line again - they didn't even check me at all! :mad:

But after I got in, it was all good. I loved Zabiela and was surprised by what a strong warm up he did for Sasha. He was slamming! Sasha was great too - really loved his last hour and danced my bootay off!

Highlight of my night? I'm in the VIP bathroom and somebody is banging on the door. So I curse them out and tell them to wait a goddamn minute. I open the door and it is Sasha with this big ole grin on his face apologizing because he has to get back to his set. My jaw did one of these: :jawdrop:

After recovering I apologized profusely and he just laughed! I almost got my DJ whore club card revoked! :laugh:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember thinking "what the!?!?" to JZ's set cause it was so up and bangin'. "Opening" sets are usually otherwise. Had to d/l a bunch of his stuff yesterday. I really enjoyed Sasha's set. It started slow and built up until the last hour where it felt like everything exploded (err... maybe that was just my head). You really had to stay to the end of this one!

The night was amazing. I met soooo many people (really great meeting the NYCP'ers!) and had so much fun. Probably the best time I've had at Buzz since..... Sasha back in December. :)

All I have to say is Sasha was fuckin awesome. I have never stayed at Buzz so late. I danced my ass off and had a blast.

Thanks to Vic and Ed for the assistance and moral support later in the evening.

Overall, had an amazing time. Thanks again Ed for the pre-party. Great to see everyone again and meet some new people.

Anyone going to Micro on Friday? I think maybe I need to set up a bed in Buzz...or move to DC. 3 weekends in a row.

great night overall. zabiela was the hightlight of the night IMO. props to crank for hosting the pre- and post- party, lots n' lots of people all over the place. really had a great time and seeing everyone.

i enjoyed sasha's set alot also. even though i've seen him other times when he's banging and literaly destoys the place, he is spinning different records nowadays. you cant make everybody happy all of the time. if he spun the same stuff/style he did 6 years ago, peopel would say, "what he cant spin anything else?" if comes up with someting a bit different, "nah, i used to like him before he sucks now" anyway, music is music and partying is partying, and both of them on friday were really great.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I told ya! We missed you on Saturday - I got a few more hugs in ;)

BTW, I talked to Matty this morning - he says HI! :D

Did you tell him I want to have his babies??? :laugh: J/K - he is such a sweetie! Tell him hi back!

Originally posted by vicman

who's up for a roadtrip on the 21st of sept? he's scheduled to be at Arc alongside Saeed and Palash w/ Bill Patrick in the Arcade.

yes! you should all come to NYC!!! and hawtin and vath are there next month too if you hadn't heard...

well my first trip to buzz was great up until i had to leave early. :mad: I was a little upset sasha went on so late but he didn't disapoint. and zabiela was great...

it was so good to meet many of you. i will definitely be coming down a lot more once my sister is living in baltimore.

Originally posted by hotcheme

yes! you should all come to NYC!!! and hawtin and vath are there next month too if you hadn't heard...

well my first trip to buzz was great up until i had to leave early. :mad: I was a little upset sasha went on so late but he didn't disapoint. and zabiela was great...

it was so good to meet many of you. i will definitely be coming down a lot more once my sister is living in baltimore.

oh yeah, got to breifly meet hotcheme, b4 she sped off :D

vath and hawtin, i know, i'm sure kuro would also be down for that, i definitly wanna go to on the 7th also.

looks like i ahve 4 roadtrips to ny coming up in the next 3 months or so. tardmaker.gif

i sped off? sorry about that... i couldn't hold my attention on anything for more than 30 seconds on friday. it was all so overwhelming...

I was all "over the place," but I kept bumping into hotcheme "all over the place" too. :D There was just so much fun to be had no matter where you were.

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

I think hotcheme must have been the one person off the board who I didn't meet... or maybe I did... or maybe there were more people who I didn't meet. Damn it was a fun night!:D

i remember meeting you a couple times. weren't you hanging out with regina? i was wearing tan cargo pants and a black top.

crank47 - so good to meet you! i think i ran into you more than anyone else. sorry i never gave you your water bottle back.

i remember meeting you a couple times. weren't you hanging out with regina? i was wearing tan cargo pants and a black top.

crank47 - so good to meet you! i think i ran into you more than anyone else. sorry i never gave you your water bottle back.

yeah it was a fun night to begin with... and on top of that, a mildy bizzare but interesting morning @ the silver diner. :screwy:

Oh... yeah, we did meet several times. Sorry. heheheeh... I just didn't catch your CP name.... or maybe I did. DAMN it was a fun night:D

All in all an incredibly fabulous time was had by my crew and I. Got there a bit before midnite and dragged our tired booties off the dancefloor around 630am.... whew!

Really enjoyed Sasha's set, but our favorite of the evening was Mr. Zabiela's set - OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not heard such an intense, funkdified, crazy, fun set like that in quite some time! It was exactly what I wanted to hear and groove to. He totally wore us out ...I say you go boy!

Other highlights of the evening:

-hearing "Protect Your Mind" by dj Sakin & Friends (van bullen mix?) .....I lost it when I heard it on that sound system - any idea on who was on when that came on? Zabiela or Sasha?

-seeing my crush ...

-hearing Everything But the Girl out on the patio

-seeing the entire dancefloor in the main room packed and moving to the beats (and for hours and hours too!)

-having such an awesome time w/my peeps & company

-dancing my yellow bootie off for nearly 4+ hours.....

:D

Other not-so-hot highlights:

-learning that if I drink too much Red Bull ---> makes a yellowgirl feel cracked out the following day despite not partaking in any recreational substances!

-once again not meeting anyone from the CP family (tho I did bump into spinsaikel for a hot second)

-having 1 too many guys try to get up with me....ugh! i've never had to experience anything so pathetic there before. i mean i know ppl tend to get desparate as the nite is winding down but DAMN! once a girl says no or purposely turns away from you - you'd think they'd take a hint huh!? sorry had to vent, I've never been so annoyed than I had been those last couple of hours there.......Well at least my friends got a good laugh at watching all this happen (damn them! lol).

Well anyways!!!! Glad everyone had a good time as well! I'm sore as hell and hope to be back up very soon!:D

Guest jroo
Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

I think hotcheme must have been the one person off the board who I didn't meet... or maybe I did... or maybe there were more people who I didn't meet. Damn it was a fun night!:D

i dont believe that ive met you. have i? i might know your real name. then again, i might not.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by yellowgirl

Other not-so-hot highlights:

-learning that if I drink too much Red Bull ---> makes a yellowgirl feel cracked out the following day despite not partaking in any recreational substances!

EXACTLY!!! I HATE REDBULL, BECAUSE OF THAT. YET , I ALWAYS GO BACK TO YOU. :(

-having 1 too many guys try to get up with me....ugh! i've never had to experience anything so pathetic there before. i mean i know ppl tend to get desparate as the nite is winding down but DAMN! once a girl says no or purposely turns away from you - you'd think they'd take a hint huh!? sorry had to vent, I've never been so annoyed than I had been those last couple of hours there.......Well at least my friends got a good laugh at watching all this happen (damn them! lol).

I THOUGHT JIMI DIDNT GO???:confused:

Originally posted by yellowgirl

All in all an incredibly fabulous time was had by my crew and I. Got there a bit before midnite and dragged our tired booties off the dancefloor around 630am.... whew!

Really enjoyed Sasha's set, but our favorite of the evening was Mr. Zabiela's set - OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not heard such an intense, funkdified, crazy, fun set like that in quite some time! It was exactly what I wanted to hear and groove to. He totally wore us out ...I say you go boy!

i met met up with nikki and a few others from va beach but didnt see you. then again, i was in the front room for most of the night. the d&b and energy in that room just caught on to me.