Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sashbiela review....

malanee

Originally posted by jroo

i dont believe that ive met you. have i? i might know your real name. then again, i might not.

i don't remember meeting you but there is a chance we met cause i met a whole bunch of ppl at once at the 1:00 meet-up. i'll be back in dc a lot this fall though (starting this saturday), so we can catch up then.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jroo
Originally posted by hotcheme

i don't remember meeting you but there is a chance we met cause i met a whole bunch of ppl at once at the 1:00 meet-up. i'll be back in dc a lot this fall though (starting this saturday), so we can catch up then.

i didnt go out for sasha, foot being in a cast in all. the last time i went out was danny howells. . yeah, we'll catch up later.

Originally posted by yellowgirl

Other not-so-hot highlights:

-once again not meeting anyone from the CP family (tho I did bump into spinsaikel for a hot second)

Shouldnt that go in the Highlights part annie? It was great running into once more annie. Even though it was for a HOT second:O). hah! Anyway, I had a fuggin blast friday night! I haven't had that much fun since seeing danny VS Danny in NY. Sasha spun a solid set but I thought he did a better job in DEC. No matter, a great great night regardless.

HEY Jimbo, come out nx time sasha is around...regardless whether your dad needs you home to give him a footrub and sponge bath.

The CP meetup went quite well I see. It's always fun to have a big group to hang out with. But I didnt get to meet any NY CP'ers. Perhaps for satoshie's night? anyone down for this? And malanee, yes i do dance:O). "Sopha, I dont believe I have seen you dance before...." hah. Vic, I uh....hope "things" went well with ya later on that night;O). Velvet, fun dancing with ya when nobody else in the bar area would. Scratch, running into you was like seeing a ghost! I didn't expect to see you there. And of course, breaking it down with ya was fun....as usual.

BTW, around 4am I heard scratching. at that time sasha was spinning some breaks track. Is it me hearing things, or was sasha doing the scratching? or.....was it part of the record he was playing? anybody know?

Well, I look forward to more nights like this. With satoshi coming up and sasha as well in sept? I think I will be hibernating until then.

Soap

p.s.

Vic remember this....

me: ugh....my head feels funny vic.

vic: does it really?:o) lol

Originally posted by spinsaikel

BTW, around 4am I heard scratching. at that time sasha was spinning some breaks track. Is it me hearing things, or was sasha doing the scratching? or.....was it part of the record he was playing? anybody know?

4 AM, it was still Zabs. He was doing the scratching. Sasha never scratches. I doubt he could even scratch his head.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

The CP meetup went quite well I see. It's always fun to have a big group to hang out with. But I didnt get to meet any NY CP'ers. Perhaps for satoshie's night? anyone down for this?

some of us are considering coming down for satoshi but we're not sure because he has a monthly residency in NYC. but we'll definitely be coming down to buzz more often. :)

Definitely a good night... my night started off real early when I arrived in DC @ 5pm... hit up the 'brick to sample as many of their 1200+ beers as I could... at some point we stumbled out of there and hit up another bar (madhatter's maybe??) and continued the drinking binge... had such a great time I completely lost track of time... first time I looked at my watch it was already past 11... and I had completely missed ed's pre-party (sorry!!). Well somehow I managed to find a cab over to buzz or nation (whichever is the name) and got in easily even though I could not have been standing straight. I found hotcheme, joeg, hoke, wideskies & the rest of the ny crew and wandered between the 2 rooms - at one point I had to break away from melissa cuz I heard my tune rank1 - awakening come on lol... I must say I'm very impressed with the place, better than I expected. As a venue it seems as good as exit or factory, as good as anything in nyc (note: I said venue people, not music, vibe or management so lets not start the exit hating on this thread :) ) In fact the place even looked like exit with the long rectangular main floor, balconies on each side, lights that come down, and the outdoor patio.

Went to the meetup and met a bunch of the DC ppl... too many to remember if I had been sober, waaaaaay too many to remember as drunk as I was... I would start naming people but I'd feel like an ass forgetting some of you - so I'll just say it was great meeting all of you! ;)

Zabiela came on with a rockin' set, sasha was also sick himself - I must admit I was a bit worried with quite a few bad reviews of his new cd out there, but IMO he was ridiculous. Don't know why he came on so late though... but it's all good.

Just a few bones to pick... why was the water so damn warm?? It's obviously a ploy to get you to buy more bottled water, but come on now, exit doesn't even do that (I can just see marvisi taking notes right now...) Don't tell me it just comes out that way because it doesn't... it's either purposely mixed with warm water or held in a tank so its room temperature. Also, why did they close down the outdoor section and balconies so early? I guess I can partially understand that because people started leaving around 4:30... (I don't understand that because it was for sasha, but even the ny ppl left pretty early - what's up with that anyway :confused: )... but it's still not cool being forced to leave the outside & balcony sections... oh well. I hung around for another hour or so after the ny crowd left... but got bored being alone and took off a little after 6, made the long ass drive back home and finally got to sleep around 9:30 or so... good night overall.

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

I guess I can partially understand that because people started leaving around 4:30... (I don't understand that because it was for sasha, but even the ny ppl left pretty early - what's up with that anyway :confused: )... but it's still not cool being forced

to leave the outside & balcony sections... oh well. I hung around for another hour or so after the ny crowd left... but got bored being alone and took off a little after 6, made the long ass drive back home and finally got to sleep around 9:30 or so... good night overall.

i still don't kniow why we left so early -we missed half og sasha's set. i hope you had a good night.

i still don't kniow why we left so early -we missed half og sasha's set. i hope you had a good night.

i spent most of the last hr or so we were there running back and forth from the parking lot to the main room (while stopping iin the front room every once in a while to dance off my confusion) looking for everyone since i thought cat wanted to leave :confused: i totally missed out on sasha :(

I got my Zabiela fix... that made the whole night worthwhile. I found my own little spot and bounced through his entire set! :)

I pretty much ignored Sasha -- his set bored me.

velvetgoldmire -- great to meet you at last!

i had a great time running into old/new friends and dancing in my usual fantastic style *humble grin* up until around Sasha came on because 1. as usual i wasn't REALLY impressed by his to0nage and 2. i got all nervous about not being able to find djwreck, who had my car key (i had been told the lot would close at 5:30 am, or something...)

koma+bones friday, yay!

and..

KURO saturday night at the edge, HUZZAH! everyone should come to this...

Originally posted by wideskies

i had a great time running into old/new friends and dancing in my usual fantastic style *humble grin* up until around Sasha came on because 1. as usual i wasn't REALLY impressed by his to0nage and 2. i got all nervous about not being able to find djwreck, who had my car key (i had been told the lot would close at 5:30 am, or something...)

koma+bones friday, yay!

and..

yeah sorry about whole derangement :confused: on friday. when are you coming back up?

some of us are considering coming down for satoshi but we're not sure because he has a monthly residency in NYC. but we'll definitely be coming down to buzz more often

...yes yes... we def. have to go! Filter is no match for Buzz/Nation! Not in the least!!!!

....I'm sorry I didn't get to meet some of you DC peeps....I met a few of you at the meetup...but uhhh...I'm drawing complete blanks right now :drunk:

...anywho, good times were had by all. And, by popular concensus, Zabiela was def. the king of the night. (( to me anywho)) ....I wish I could've stayed for more of Sasha's set...but hey...shit happens....I'll be seeing him next Tuesday anywho...

YES!! I said Tuesday the 27th! In NYC...with DIGGERS ((and Moby)) for FREE! Check the NYC board if any of you have boners....it should be worth your while! :tongue:

Originally posted by wideskies

koma+bones friday, yay!

and..

i think i will be going to buzz this friday. I'm intrested in seeing koma and bones as well as joey beltram. I havent seen him yet.

• 1 year later...