Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is or was your favorite wrestler??

Guest jroo

Guest jroo

Mine was Sting all the way!! the scorpion death lock, the stinger!! the tourquoise spandex with the scorpion down the side. then i quit watching wrestling and the fucker turns into the crow. pretty cool though. ive only seen him once like that and he repeled down into the ring from the rafters. and chased people with a baseball bat.

anyway...

Mankind. Anyone who can throw himself into barbed wire, fall onto explosives, land on thumbtacks, dislocate his shoulder, rupture his kidney, loose his ear, and still finish out the match while entertaining the crowd with actual moves and still be a great talker, all while being declared to be a "down to earth guy" is my kind of wrestler.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by gmccookny

Tie between Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, the Hart foundation, and Demolition :flame:

i dont remember demolition, complete that for me.

Originally posted by jroo

i dont remember demolition, complete that for me.

Demolition were a tag team (who later added a third) and were big n beefy (in the 6'4'' 300+ pound range)

THey dressed in leather and sharp metal, wore some face paint, and showed their tongue a lot like the guy from KISS.

Oh, and how can i foget the energy-charged behemoth the Ultimate Warrior :eek:

hart foundation was classic...geeze, when i satrted watchin wwf, back in the mid 80's it was Tito Santana, Jinny the Dragon Steamboat, Randy Macho Man Savage, Andre the Giant was still around, Hulk Hogan, in NCW they had Ric Flair (i cant belive he's still around) and I cant recall who else...oh yeah, Sting etc.

Then I stopped watching pro-wrestling for a few years until i moved back to the US in 96, form there on, I've never watched a monday night football game from start to finish because i keep flipping channels between abc and wwf.

What the fuck happened with ECW?

Originally posted by vicman

hart foundation was classic...geeze, when i satrted watchin wwf, back in the mid 80's it was Tito Santana, Jinny the Dragon Steamboat, Randy Macho Man Savage, Andre the Giant was still around, Hulk Hogan, in NCW they had Ric Flair (i cant belive he's still around) and I cant recall who else...oh yeah, Sting etc.

Then I stopped watching pro-wrestling for a few years until i moved back to the US in 96, form there on, I've never watched a monday night football game from start to finish because i keep flipping channels between abc and wwf.

What the fuck happened with ECW?

They went bankrupt, the employees moved onto different jobs, and now a lot of them are working for WWE, like RVD, Tommy Dreamer, Paul E Heyman... the other guys, like Dudleys, Raven, Lance Strom, etc, moved on before ECW went bankrupt. But, ECW got me back into the show after years of hating it.

Some of my other old school fav's- Jake the Snake, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Killer Bees, British Bulldogs, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff... I loved it when I was a kid.

My fav was the mexican wrestler Atlantis. That dude could fly and do all kinds of crazy shit. I remember he would leap sideways in between the ropes and all of sudden stop mid air grab the ropes do a flip sideways and return back to the ring. :eek:

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

They went bankrupt, the employees moved onto different jobs, and now a lot of them are working for WWE, like RVD, Tommy Dreamer, Paul E Heyman... the other guys, like Dudleys, Raven, Lance Strom, etc, moved on before ECW went bankrupt. But, ECW got me back into the show after years of hating it.

yeah, when i started watching wrestling again, i was delightfully surprised with ECW...their table matches, and chair matches are super!

i didnt know the dudleys used to be in ecw.

yeah, when i started watching wrestling again, i was delightfully surprised with ECW...their table matches, and chair matches are super!

i didnt know the dudleys used to be in ecw.

Oh yeah, that's where they started. They were based off of the Hansen Brothers from the movie Slapshot (hence the glasses). And there were a bunch of them. Bubba Ray Dudley, Devon Dudley, Little Spike Dudley, Big Dick Dudley... and like ten more... all half brothers of each other. My favorite out of all of them was Lil Spike Dudley. Mostly because I thought it was tricky and cool what he represented. Think of his initials, and then take into consideration that his finishing move was called the Acid Drop.

Actually, ECW was the starting point for so many of the big name guys now. It was there that they made their name, and then went onto one of the big 2. Mick Foley, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho... before ECW, they were unknown to the US, pretty much.

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

Oh yeah, that's where they started. They were based off of the Hansen Brothers from the movie Slapshot (hence the glasses). And there were a bunch of them. Bubba Ray Dudley, Devon Dudley, Little Spike Dudley, Big Dick Dudley... and like ten more... all half brothers of each other. My favorite out of all of them was Lil Spike Dudley. Mostly because I thought it was tricky and cool what he represented. Think of his initials, and then take into consideration that his finishing move was called the Acid Drop.

Actually, ECW was the starting point for so many of the big name guys now. It was there that they made their name, and then went onto one of the big 2. Mick Foley, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho... before ECW, they were unknown to the US, pretty much.

I think I remember seeing Eddie Guerrero in mexican pro-wrestling before he made the move to ECW. ANywho, didnt know Mick Foley started off at ECW, and Chris Benoit was already in WWF when I started watching it again, so i didnt know he was ECW also.

Yeah, those finishing moves are pretty funny at times, The Rocks finishing move is so funny, I can believe he can actually "finish" the other guy off what that move of his. its a lame move.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

It is not lame. The People's Elbow is the most electrifying move in all of sports.

puleeeeze :rolleyes: he runs around the ring for a whole minute and the guy just lays there and then he hits the guy with his elbow on his arm..yeah, thats supposed to finish me off :rolleyes:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by gmccookny

Demolition were a tag team (who later added a third) and were big n beefy (in the 6'4'' 300+ pound range)

THey dressed in leather and sharp metal, wore some face paint, and showed their tongue a lot like the guy from KISS.

Oh, and how can i foget the energy-charged behemoth the Ultimate Warrior :eek:

fuck an A , i remember now, hawk and animal!! they were bad as shit as well!!

and dont forget Ricky "the dragon" steamboat!! the guy fucking rocked!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jroo

It is not lame. The People's Elbow is the most electrifying move in all of sports.

another poor soul brain washed.:rolleyes: the rock is pretty electrifying, but not the elbow. its just slightly better than hulk hogan's leg drop. which is FUCKING LAME.

Then there were the Samoan guys.

Whenever someone would head butt them, it would have no effect, and they'd just shake their head and give this big silly :grin:

I also remember a short, when they used to introduce wrestlers, they showed one of the Samoans at the beach, and a fish washed up to shore. The Samoan dude picked it up, and started eating the raw fish :yuck:

And of course, we can't forget George "The Animal" Steele

georgegroup.jpg

puleeeeze :rolleyes: he runs around the ring for a whole minute and the guy just lays there and then he hits the guy with his elbow on his arm..yeah, thats supposed to finish me off :rolleyes:

You're missing the point. Before he starts running around the ring, he takes off his elbow pad and throws it into the crowd. When he does that, the guy on the ground is so intimidated, he doesn't want to get up. He's done. Plus, Rock gets a lot of momentum going by running back and forth, and then when he does his little dance, he's stored up enough potential energy in his elbow to knock down a building.

You're missing the point. Before he starts running around the ring, he takes off his elbow pad and throws it into the crowd. When he does that, the guy on the ground is so intimidated, he doesn't want to get up. He's done. Plus, Rock gets a lot of momentum going by running back and forth, and then when he does his little dance, he's stored up enough potential energy in his elbow to knock down a building.

:laugh: :laugh: