Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Off topic: Warcraft

candeo

Originally posted by candeo

Any CPers into Warcraft 3?

I just picked it up recently and figured that some ravers out there would be into gaming. Might be able to bump into you on Battle.net sometime.

-Gibbles

I have played the first 2. GOOD GAME:D

Do you ever play Counter Strick?

Originally posted by Kuro

I just started on the Orc missions yesterday. I am a Wracraft/Starcraft player.

Oh, hell yeah, Kuro! man, you're shaping out to be a helluva person! Cowboy Bebop, Warcraft, DJing... shiiiit....

I've never been into RTS games, but Warcraft 3 is just so amazing, I couldn't pass it up. I was FEINDING for a well balanced game with a lot of options that you could play competitively, and I don't have a circle of Street Fighter fiends right now and I gave up Magic.

If you get on Battle.net, get into the Friends tab and add Gibbles. If I'm on, you can send an "/w Gibbles Yo." and it'll send that to me in game.

Don't worry, I suck horribly. I'm a super-scrub! I forget to resurrect my hero. I build extra peons and teach em to play Go Fish.

Word. Unreal Tournament was definitely my favorite game. I'm the most viscious War Cow that ever mooed. For some reason, though, I just haven't been able to get it to run as smoothly on my Geforce 2 as it did on the Doodoo 3.

I've been looking forward to UT2003 forever! Don't hold your breath on Unreal 2 though, it got pushed back well into next year. The scary thing is that I think it'll still be ahead of the technology curve when it finally does drop.

The demo for UT 2003 should be out soon. There's no release date for the game yet because they need to evaluate the demo for a couple weeks after it comes out to see what needs changed still. I'd say it's going to be October before it hits stores.

The demo should be out in the next week or two, though. Here's the status on it:

CliffyB went on the official board with this post:

Update: The original post was deleted from the forum. I guess it was taken over by morons.

Well, let's see...

The objective for us has been to make sure the game feels DONE before we release the demo. That way, we're not fixing things from the demo that we do not already know about.

Botmatches are being tested quite a bit. We want to make sure the AI is challenging without being frustrating.

Ragdoll is being tested everywhere. Must make sure everything has low poly Karma collision assigned to it.

Maps are being set up to run well on lower end cards. We have a bHIGHDETAIL flag we set on actors that are out of view (meshes outside of play, extra particle FX, etc...) and going through all the maps to do this takes time.

Menus are being polished and tweaked. Server browser included.

We just found that a few of the player meshes had their collision cylinders set incorrectly, so headshots were hard to get on these guys (being fixed...)

Redeemer is IN and working. Effect is being tweaked and adjusted.

All weapons are being given "Switch to" sounds.

Bombing run works really well. Debating whether or not some of the goals should require a double jump to get to or not...

James Golding (physics guy) is working his butt off to make sure the Bulldog (vehicle) is in and working properly in network play. (mostly for mod users)

Chad Schoonover is working on taunt animations are being put in for each of the characters. The pelvic thrust shall return!

Final taunts are being put in and localization is being worked on.

There ya go. Hope that helps.

Cliff

Originally posted by candeo

Word. Unreal Tournament was definitely my favorite game. I'm the most viscious War Cow that ever mooed.

I always played a female necris commando and named her Lolth, after the demon-goddess of the Drow. I'm a fucking geek.

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

Doesn't Warcraft 3 have dwarves with guns? That's so cool!

Whoo! Sweet strip!

Hell yeah, Dwarven Riflemen.

"I'm yer shooter! Let's go!"

We're DEFINTELY having a CP lan party when UT2003 comes out. I can't wait to unleash the wrath of my Tiki God (new PC) on all y'all.

But in the meantime, the new Mario comes out next Tuedsay, as does Super Monkey Ball 2. If any of you haven't played Super Monkey Ball, you have GOT to check it out. Even you, Melanne.

So, if there's a pre-party before going to see Emma Feline next Friday, I'd be honored to provide the Game Cubes and Monkey Balls.

:monkey: