Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
babycakes17

newbie

Recommended Posts

Hey there, welcome to Boston! :)

Wow, you might be the first person ever to admit to reading up on us who actually had the 'guts' to post! Well done!

How long have you been reading for? What's your deal (how old are you, where are you from, what are you into (music and otherwise), that kind of stuff.

And most importantly, what do you think of Ray Munns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fell upon this site while at work,what a coincidence!!! i'm from providence but tend to go to Avalon now an gain when they get someone actually"good" i'm more into the hard trance style Hennes-Cold....Scot Project...but also can be caught listening to Sal Parm,Johnny Vicious,Timo Maas...just to name a few...but anyways just giving a shout ....peace~:dj:ALL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Me It's me again :laugh: ...Complex sucks plain an simple....Metropolis is off the hook depending on the dj...although lately they havent had anyone really good....the resident dj bret the hitman can spin some serious licks ...as long as he stays away from that vocal top-40 remix....i guess you have to please the whole crowd.....i've seen him hit the lights hard some nights...but anywayssssssssss <newbie>:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by digitalpimp

Hello Me It's me again :laugh: ...Complex sucks plain an simple....Metropolis is off the hook depending on the dj...although lately they havent had anyone really good....the resident dj bret the hitman can spin some serious licks ...as long as he stays away from that vocal top-40 remix....i guess you have to please the whole crowd.....i've seen him hit the lights hard some nights...but anywayssssssssss <newbie>:cool:

jsut wondering but have you been to the party on sat night now at metropolis? how's that *just curious*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by digitalpimp

Hello Me It's me again :laugh: ...Complex sucks plain an simple....Metropolis is off the hook depending on the dj...although lately they havent had anyone really good....the resident dj bret the hitman can spin some serious licks ...as long as he stays away from that vocal top-40 remix....i guess you have to please the whole crowd.....i've seen him hit the lights hard some nights...but anywayssssssssss <newbie>:cool:

What are you talkin about? Complex is the hottest party in town........besides Barry's or Sha-Booms.

Howabout we hold a CP meetup at The Prov where Mike Cloud used to spin.......we could get wings and pitchers of beer and listen to some Luz Divina mixed in with Ja-Rule

How I miss RI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

Let's see.... I am 26 live in Medford.

I love all kinds of music. I can't really say I love one over the other. I guess it just depends on what mood I am in.

I will actually go anywhere I think I will have a good time!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hullo,back again..... i think you're speaking of the Shine party?? i've been a couple times the front club is ok on sat night ....the rear club ehhhhhhhhhhhhh well lets just sat the music they spin back their ummmmm...sucks ....if you're just going for the scene it's all good....Me myself i've been disappointed with the line-ups lately but then again i always have a good time :beer:....they do have a website of course metropolisnightclub.com check it for updates......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hullo,back again..... i think you're speaking of the Shine party?? i've been a couple times the front club is ok on sat night ....the rear club ehhhhhhhhhhhhh well lets just sat the music they spin back their ummmmm...sucks ....if you're just going for the scene it's all good....Me myself i've been disappointed with the line-ups lately but then again i always have a good time :beer:....they do have a website of course metropolisnightclub.com check it for updates...... heh,you're a trip Jon :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

whoa!

3 newbies...well welcome indeed. i just make myself at home in the boston board although i live in dc and have had the fortune of meeting some of the boston folks recently.

except for nyisformeatheads....thats quite unfortunate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by digitalpimp

Hello Me It's me again :laugh: ...Complex sucks plain an simple....Metropolis is off the hook depending on the dj...although lately they havent had anyone really good....the resident dj bret the hitman can spin some serious licks ...as long as he stays away from that vocal top-40 remix....i guess you have to please the whole crowd.....i've seen him hit the lights hard some nights...but anywayssssssssss <newbie>:cool:

Check out Hoska on Thursday nights at Metropolis. Never a big crowd, but he's a sick, sick DJ.

I can't comment on Saturday night there, 'cause I haven't been.

Has anyone gone to Pink in Newport? Awesome place. Dope little underground dance lounge. Fridays and Saturdays, the music is ALWAYS legit, no commercial crap, ever. We run the Saturday nights, or, well, we have been, but this weekend is our last night there for awhile. Rhode Islanders definitely need to come in to Pink this Saturday night, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out Hoska on Thursday nights at Metropolis. Never a big crowd, but he's a sick, sick DJ.

I can't comment on Saturday night there, 'cause I haven't been.

Has anyone gone to Pink in Newport? Awesome place. Dope little underground dance lounge. Fridays and Saturdays, the music is ALWAYS legit, no commercial crap, ever. We run the Saturday nights, or, well, we have been, but this weekend is our last night there for awhile. Rhode Islanders definitely need to come in to Pink this Saturday night, I promise you won't be disappointed ....Hoska?? i tend to stay away from thursdays unless bret is playing seeing it's like college night,meaning 18 plus....maybe i'll give him a wurrll:cool: what's he spin anyway..i'm dedicated to hard trance myself but im always open..i've been listening to alot of d&b...i'm your average clubber but i'm not into vocals:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by digitalpimp

Hoska?? i tend to stay away from thursdays unless bret is playing seeing it's like college night,meaning 18 plus....maybe i'll give him a wurrll:cool: what's he spin anyway..i'm dedicated to hard trance myself but im always open..i've been listening to alot of d&b...i'm your average clubber but i'm not into vocals:laugh:

Hoska's a househead, so I doubt he'll drop much, if any, hard trance. Is anyone spinning hard trance around here?

He has incredible skills. Great mixing, incredible scratching, solid flow to his sets. Lots of progressive, tech, and funky. He spins some latin house once in awhile too, to lighten the mood.

Yeah, 18 plus crowds can be lame, but most of them go into Zooom (the back room) where there's hip hop and commercial. So the people in Metropolis (the front room) tend to be there for the music, which is good regardless of age, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a regular basis i dont think anyone is.....some dj's i've seen have thrown some into a set...but you're right noone is dedicating to the whole set entirely....i can get into any progressive set house,tech....trance....not all that found of breaks...but i have seen Mike Traylor up at Axis about a year ago he wasn't all that bad...again i mentioned before i've been disappointed with Metropolis for their recent line-ups think they're just being greedy...spend the money they surely make it! what's up with Avalon they been slacking too? ...last year i went to acosta badboy bill deiselboy ...buncha different shows ...all i been hearing about is Jonathan peters up there...thanks but no thanks :blown: ~peace~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by digitalpimp

On a regular basis i dont think anyone is.....some dj's i've seen have thrown some into a set...but you're right noone is dedicating to the whole set entirely....i can get into any progressive set house,tech....trance....not all that found of breaks...but i have seen Mike Traylor up at Axis about a year ago he wasn't all that bad...again i mentioned before i've been disappointed with Metropolis for their recent line-ups think they're just being greedy...spend the money they surely make it! what's up with Avalon they been slacking too? ...last year i went to acosta badboy bill deiselboy ...buncha different shows ...all i been hearing about is Jonathan peters up there...thanks but no thanks :blown: ~peace~

You crazy you need to look at the Avalon lineups especially for Sept. they have been pulling massive talent, 9/20 & 9/27:eek: :eek: OMG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×